talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Danny said:

And you all laughed when I said he’d be a good signing 

I dunno if this counts me, I was happy when we signed him but for his first two seasons he was terrible. Iheanacho is Rodgers' biggest success story here I think.

30 minutes ago, Dan said:

I dunno if this counts me, I was happy when we signed him but for his first two seasons he was terrible. Iheanacho is Rodgers' biggest success story here I think.

I’ve no idea who it was xD

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Danny said:

And you all laughed when I said he’d be a good signing 

I was quite happy when we signed him and surprised Man City let him go, even if they did have peak Aguero at the time. Kelechi was still young. 

• Subscriber

To be honest, in hindsight, Vardy hardly flourished under Puel, Iheanacho is a confidence player and not much good as a lone striker, so what hope did he really have. He's won me over anyway. I do still think we need another striker, but I'm happy to keep him as an option here.

• Subscriber

Cengiz Under not staying beyond this summer. Been obvious for a while but been confirmed today. I've heard the club have concerns over his fitness.

A shame but the search goes on. My prediction is Romain Faivre. I reckon Thauvin goes to AC Milan.

On 03/04/2021 at 08:51, The Palace Fan said:

To be fair I think everybody here thought it was a good signing until they saw him play in that first season.

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty astute signing until I saw him look like total dogshite every time he played for Leicester.

Credit to him, and probably a lesson in why clubs should be patient with players at times, because he's truly turned it around and looks nothing like the hopeless fucker he looked for a few seasons.

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, Dan said:

Cengiz Under not staying beyond this summer. Been obvious for a while but been confirmed today. I've heard the club have concerns over his fitness.

A shame but the search goes on. My prediction is Romain Faivre. I reckon Thauvin goes to AC Milan.

I'm quite disappointed he's going back. Mainly because I genuinely thought he would be really good for us, and perhaps I'm disappointed that he didn't show us what he could be capable of. And only did it for about 5 minutes. Literally only glimpses of what he could do. Only a handful of games where he's looked the business - Zorya, Brentford, the cameos against Arsenal and Leeds... 

13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty astute signing until I saw him look like total dogshite every time he played for Leicester.

Credit to him, and probably a lesson in why clubs should be patient with players at times, because he's truly turned it around and looks nothing like the hopeless fucker he looked for a few seasons.

I think people forget how young he was, perhaps arguably still is, and the fact he was playing 2nd fiddle to one of the best strikers we've ever had. Rodgers has done well to find a spot for him and get him going again. He's a great manager to get the best out of youngsters or give confidence to them if the players really want it. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

I'm quite disappointed he's going back. Mainly because I genuinely thought he would be really good for us, and perhaps I'm disappointed that he didn't show us what he could be capable of. And only did it for about 5 minutes. Literally only glimpses of what he could do. Only a handful of games where he's looked the business - Zorya, Brentford, the cameos against Arsenal and Leeds... 

I think people forget how young he was, perhaps arguably still is, and the fact he was playing 2nd fiddle to one of the best strikers we've ever had. Rodgers has done well to find a spot for him and get him going again. He's a great manager to get the best out of youngsters or give confidence to them if the players really want it. 

I thought he was definitely the right type - clearly had something but fallen a bit out of favour. It's been clear for a while to me though that he wouldn't be sticking around. I think he's started one league game all season. He's clearly got a bit of talent, but I just don't think he's really what Rodgers wants.

Romain Faivre is who I think we'll sign. We've been linked.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/04/2021 at 22:09, Dan said:

Strange one that, Cengiz Under was really highly rated for a period and I thought you'd pulled of a brilliant transfer when he came in. 

Concerns over his fitness, is that injuries or just general fitness levels?

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Danny said:

In terms of your first 11 who would you like to see come in next season/what position needs strengthening? 

This is our 'best' starting XI when everyone is fit...

Kasper

Fofana - Evans - Soyuncu

Ricardo                                                 Castagne

Ndidi - Tielemans

Maddison

Vardy - Iheanacho

The fact Barnes isn't even in there is crazy in itself, but mainly down to Iheancho's current shit-hot form. 

He could be the one to eventually replace Vardy in a front-two as this gets the best out of Iheanacho too.

If anything, where we need strengthening is just in terms of depth. Recently being able to play that above line-up, and then have back-ups like Praet, Perez, Under on the bench to call upon instead of inexperienced youth players (despite the good job they've done filling in) has been handy.

We definitely need strengthening in that midfield - any one of those 3 get suspended/injured and we really do feel their absence. Given the fact we're likely to have CL football, we do need to improve there. We'll probably see more of Dewsbury-Hall though as he is highly-rated by us and seems far too good for Luton based on his loan there so far. 

And for a few transfer windows now we've been looking for a striker that would be ready to fit in as Vardy can't be playing 2-3 games in the space of 7-8 days. He'll have to be managed properly given his recent injury concerns and age anyway. And the only way to do that is strengthen that position so he's not relied on but can be played for the big games he can deliver in. 

When we get Justin & Barnes back it'll be great, as it means Rodgers has that 'selection headache' as opposed to falling back on to youth players that barely set foot in a PL game before they're called upon. 

3 hours ago, Devil said:

Strange one that, Cengiz Under was really highly rated for a period and I thought you'd pulled of a brilliant transfer when he came in. 

Bit of both. I also get the feeling that Rodgers just doesn't rate him and perhaps isn't the player that was sold to us (albeit on loan for now). He has his flashes of 'brilliance' or skill but maybe it's consistency. I had the same feeling as you as if we'd got the best of both worlds in that we've got a loan for a really decent player and also apparently an option (not obligation) to buy. I doubt we'd take up that option though. His fitness even before the injury recently was a concern and he hasn't really done anything to alleviate those, either for Rodgers by the looks of it or for the fans. 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Devil said:

I'm assuming general fitness levels rather than injuries. He's looked good in patches but it was a pretty low risk signing that just hasn't worked out. I wonder if there's anything in the rumour that we have to buy him if he plays a certain number of games.

He's got talent but he's a bit greedy. I think we used our right winger luck on Mahrez.

• Administrator

This is shit for us but not the end of the world given Kelechi's form. Shame about missing out on the Euros but maybe long-term its best not to rush him back and he can have a proper pre-season. 

43 minutes ago, Stan said:

This is shit for us but not the end of the world given Kelechi's form. Shame about missing out on the Euros but maybe long-term its best not to rush him back and he can have a proper pre-season. 

Absolutely better for him in the long term not to play in the Euros if he's having another operations. The rehab process after surgery is so important - you don't want to rush any of it if you want to make a full recovery.

I think Rodgers knows all too well what happens when a player is used too much shortly after surgery and if they're not given enough time to heal - especially after setbacks from being brought back and playing again after injury, like what happened here - he knows what happened to Daniel Sturridge probably better than anyone not named Daniel Sturridge. And Rodgers and Leicester are fortunate they're in a position where they don't necessarily have to rely on bringing him back into the team as quickly as possible to keep Leicester on the right track.

Shit to miss out on the Euros from the player's perspective, but if he had the choice I'm sure he'd take a longer career and a chance of playing in World Cups (like next year) over getting a chance to play for England this summer.

Unlucky to suffer a setback, really - but now that it's happened I think the goal of the club and the medical staff should be managing the injury well to minimise the chances of another injury so soon to return - and hopefully other future injuries too.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think if we're being honest there are a number of players ahead of Barnes anyway, brilliant player with a lot of potential, but with all the striking and attacking midfield options I'm not sure he makes the squad.

I think he'd have made the 26. On the form he was in before his injury there's not a chance Southgate could have even ignored that, as hard as he'd have tried to. He's more likely to have got in ahead of Maddison by comparison. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think he'd have made the 26. On the form he was in before his injury there's not a chance Southgate could have even ignored that, as hard as he'd have tried to. He's more likely to have got in ahead of Maddison by comparison. 

I think Southgate would have separated the two because of the different positions they play, but on the left hand side we have Sterling, Rashford and Grealish alone. I think it would have been difficult for him to get ahead those 3

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think Southgate would have separated the two because of the different positions they play, but on the left hand side we have Sterling, Rashford and Grealish alone. I think it would have been difficult for him to get ahead those 3

Grealish hasn't played for 2-3 months. Who knows what's going on with him but I was basing it on the fact he might not have been fit. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I'm more gutted for Barnes that he'll miss out on playing in the FA Cup final for his hometown club. That's a sickener.

Our England contenders have been ridiculously unlucky this season for injuries. I think Justin would've gone given his good performances and versatility, Barnes was building a real case and this happens, Maddison likewise - now not one will go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Morgan retiring, Fuchs & James leaving at end of the season.

Wes Morgan goes down as a club legend. Signed in 2012, was instrumental for us in promotion, title-season with Huth next to him, and now can retire as an FA Cup winner, too. Fuchs also played a big part in 2016 too. Great signing. Combined fee for £1m. Bargains considering what they gave back to the club, too. 

• Upvote 1