talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City Discussion

football forum

14 hours ago, Dan said:

I thought he was going to be fine and we'd get enough wins to keep any serious heat off him, but it's getting embarrassing now and I think there's a chance he does go. It's a very costy exercise for us to sack him and that's the main reason he's safe.

For all the excuses I hear, injuries, fatigue etc... well I don't see terrible players in the sides we're naming. The capitulations are a result of a lack of the basics. There is no way the defenders yesterday should be performing that badly yet it's the same virtually every game these days.

That game against you was a real turning point I think now. I can't see us winning any of our next three in the league.

I would agree. He seems to have put this all on the players and they are responsible to an extent but they don't look like they have even been basically coached this season.

We should never have won that - any team who could do the basics should have seen us out. Doherty, a player whose confidence is shattered,  was made to look like a world beater.

The only thing potentially saving him is that they might wait for the summer as they probably aren't in any real danger. 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Tar-Mairon said:

I would agree. He seems to have put this all on the players and they are responsible to an extent but they don't look like they have even been basically coached this season.

We should never have won that - any team who could do the basics should have seen us out. Doherty, a player whose confidence is shattered,  was made to look like a world beater.

The only thing potentially saving him is that they might wait for the summer as they probably aren't in any real danger. 

I thought you were a lot better than us over the 90 (as is usually the case when we play a back 5) and deserved the win, but to get it in that manner. I expected you to equalise but when you think you've seen the meltdowns of all meltdowns I didn't think it was possible to lose from there.

I do believe he's got some talents, there's no doubt he's got something, he can bring a lot from a team. But the flaws always seem to bubble up at the end. It's going similarly to Liverpool now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Ricardo Pereira signs new deal to 2026. That's one less problem to fix. If we can get him back to his best (signs that it's coming too) that's good news for us. I really think he was up there with the very best in this league pre-injury.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It's not good. I don't like it or condone it. 

But you're naive if you think we're the only club that have left or will ever leave an away dressing room in a tip. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's not good. I don't like it or condone it. 

This bits good, taking ownership and not accepting the way the club behaves... that's all that was required

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

But you're naive if you think we're the only club that have left or will ever leave an away dressing room in a tip. 

This was a bit Boris Johnson.... defensive and deflecting.. 

Rennes said you were "Unworthy" tarnishing your family club image.. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
17 minutes ago, Waylander said:

I see a player called Dewsbury-Hall has started making appearances for you this season.

Saw the strike yesterday and was very impressed, was it a once in a lifetime strike or a genuine skill he has?

He's very skilful, energetic and disciplined. He won't stop running and pressing, and it's something we've actually missed a lot in our midfield probably since Kante left (not saying he's the same player, but that energy he exerts is definitely required). We have Maddison as a creative spark, Tielemans as a playmaker as well, Ndidi as a ball-winner. But Dewsbury-Hall is tenacious and rugged but very composed and calm on the ball.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
55 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Is it me or are Leicester a completely different side with Vardy? Seen the results and number of goals they've scored since his return? 

He just gives us a totally different dimension, and for some teams a fear to play against him. He runs the channels well and is tireless despite his age. And confidence to the rest of the side knowing that if he's playing they can provide a chance and there's a good chance he'll finish it. 

15 goals in 25 games. Pretty damn good for a 35 year old. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Dewsbury-Hall signs new contract to 2027. Think he was the best thing to come out of last season. Tailed off a little towards the end but I don't think playing him in literally every game helped. Same as what's happened to Tielemans.

I can see him being our Ward-Prowse.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Thank you, Leicester, shame he is going but would mind not betting he will get zapped up again from Ajax with more millions as an offer from another big club. 

download.png

Calvin Bassey: Rangers accept Ajax offer for a defender with deal expected to top £20m

Bassey's journey from fringe player to Europa League 'colossus'

Edited by CaaC (John)

• 3 weeks later...