talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City Discussion

football forum

What's the capacity expected to be increased to? I don't mind the Walkers Bowl, i'd say as bowls go it's one of the better ones for some reason, but it'd be even better if the capacity is increased because then the stands would be un-even with hopefully one monster stand.

I'd say late 30k would be about right. Leicester will have captured a generation of supporters in leicester. All them stupid kids that normally grow up supporting Man U and Liverpool will surely have all started supporting Leicester after the Prem win.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Marc said:

What's the capacity expected to be increased to? I don't mind the Walkers Bowl, i'd say as bowls go it's one of the better ones for some reason, but it'd be even better if the capacity is increased because then the stands would be un-even with hopefully one monster stand.

I'd say late 30k would be about right. Leicester will have captured a generation of supporters in leicester. All them stupid kids that normally grow up supporting Man U and Liverpool will surely have all started supporting Leicester after the Prem win.

I'd say realistically pushing the 40k mark. 

Regarding the last points, you'd think so but the amount of fans of those clubs you mention still worm their way in the home end when those clubs play us. I suspect they like both clubs but only bother turning up when Utd/Liverpool play which is bloody annoying.

On 1/3/2018 at 23:24, Danny said:

Exactly the slang a diehard United fan like yourself would use 

Old post but it drives me up the wall when people complain about American words. It's a different accent ffs, don't get wound up over it.

Because of that second part of the post though you get a rep.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Leicester's ground has great acoustics. An expansion would threaten that so keep it to one stand please

interesting you say this as there's sections of our fans which make the most noise yet they can barely hear each other cos of where they're located xD 

You have L1, to the left of the away fans who make noise and then the Kop which make most noise as well (behind the goal where Perez scored today). But sometimes when the atmosphere is quite good from where I sit (the corner opposite the away fans), both of these sets of fans say the atmosphere is poor cos they can't hear each other that well. 

It's nothing compared to Filbert Street :x 

15 hours ago, Stan said:

interesting you say this as there's sections of our fans which make the most noise yet they can barely hear each other cos of where they're located xD 

You have L1, to the left of the away fans who make noise and then the Kop which make most noise as well (behind the goal where Perez scored today). But sometimes when the atmosphere is quite good from where I sit (the corner opposite the away fans), both of these sets of fans say the atmosphere is poor cos they can't hear each other that well. 

It's nothing compared to Filbert Street :x 

It might have been because I was near the back, it just felt like there was 7000 Newcastle fans not 3500.

• Subscriber

The atmosphere in our ground isn't that good anymore, certainly not in the home end, I get the whole point that we're sort of in a hangover period as a fanbase as we're still coming off the back of the ultimate high, but it's a bit depressing there at the minute to be honest. L1 used to be a respectable block but it's shocking these days, that's from people actually in it. I'm in SK1 at the back, if the away fans are in the North East corner, I'm in the South East corner. I joined the atmosphere group that formed nearly five years ago and I think while it can be good up there, we'd rather have grown in numbers more now than we actually have. It doesn't help though when we've been selling out nearly every game and the likes of Huddersfield started when their ground was half full.

Expansion I'd imagine will take us to 42k-ish. I really hope we do it just to get slightly above Villa's capacity as it'd make us the biggest ground in the Midlands. I've criticised our ground layout a few times and think that mistakes were made initially when designing it that haven't helped the atmosphere. There was a point when it was good but I still think having clappers makes it a bit artificial, and it doesn't actually sound that good.

• Subscriber

I don't know what to make of him either. At least looking at Southampton you'd say they shouldn't have sacked him.

I don't really know if Leicester are coming or going. On one hand I still perceive them as the de facto 7th/8th team along with us but on the other hand they don't seem to have done much with their title success. Some decent players brought in like Ndidi but you'd expect Mahrez to leave this summer and aside from Vardy the rest of their squad is pretty average and could see them slip back into the whirlpool of chaos that is the bottom 12 or so teams in the Premier League.

• Administrator

@Cannabis was right - we are the gift that keeps on giving. 

Some players need to get their fingers out their arses and stop being such drama queens. Player power is rife and it needs to be addressed. 

• Subscriber

I'm not totally sold on Puel, but I'm getting very worried that we've got a player power problem.

It needs fixing. If Puel can't do it, he has to go.

We will never build a side better than this if we allow players like Wes Morgan and Danny Simpson to run the team. Players who achieved the unthinkable, but ability wise are very dispensable now.

Morgan coming in for Dragovic sums it up for me. Dragovic outperformed him, barely did a thing wrong, and has been dropped - now apparently no longer fancies joining permanently. There in a nutshell is our problem.

Genuinely now buying into the theory that some players are a problem.

Edited by Dan

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/26/claude-puel-fighting-save-job-leicester-city-club-plans-big/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's going to be booted. If it happens then hopefully it's before the end of the season as that'll pocket me £330 xD

The director of football has got to go. This is surely the end.

• Administrator

Pathetic. Rudkin should have gone ages ago anyway. 

Don't understand it at all.

Owners knew his style of football and his footballing philosophy.

Only hired in October yet don't give him time to get his own players in to implement his kind of ideas. 

Yeah, European hopes are over but gotta look at where we were when he came in and where we are now, just missing off on Europe. Puel's improved us in the table but standard of performances are not up to scratch. Surely the club knew what they were getting with Puel? If they didn't want that kind of footballing individual leading the club, why hire him in the first place? Would they rather us play entertaining football but not actually get any decent results? 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Pathetic. Rudkin should have gone ages ago anyway. 

Don't understand it at all.

Owners knew his style of football and his footballing philosophy.

Only hired in October yet don't give him time to get his own players in to implement his kind of ideas. 

Yeah, European hopes are over but gotta look at where we were when he came in and where we are now, just missing off on Europe. Puel's improved us in the table but standard of performances are not up to scratch. Surely the club knew what they were getting with Puel? If they didn't want that kind of footballing individual leading the club, why hire him in the first place? Would they rather us play entertaining football but not actually get any decent results? 

Can't be arsed right now as it's too late but I can explain why I think the owners have been fortunate, why Rudkin still being in a job is laughable and why Puel can be argued the toss either way.

There were murmurings that he was in trouble in the last few weeks. If they're making their judgement on his future based on 4 pretty meaningless games then it speaks volumes about our know-how, or lack of it.

We'll be relegated in the next three years if we aren't careful.

Edited by Dan

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

this looks bloody impressive. Our owners funding more investment in to the club. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5892513/Stunning-designs-planned-80m-Leicester-training-complex-revealed.html

Remarkable designs for Leicester City's new training facilities have been revealed, with the planned complex set to cost an estimated £80million.

The KSS Design Group have released a series of concept images which show off the Foxes' plans to build one of the leading training facilities in Britain.

Impressive images come after City filed a planning application to Charnwood Borough Council to begin development on the 180-acre site at Park Hill Golf Club in Seagrave.

Stunning artistic designs have been released for Leicester City's new training ground which is set to cost close to £80million

The KSS Design Group have released a series of images which show the Foxes' plan to build one of the top training facilities

The club's extraordinary rise to winning the Premier League has pushed through desires to leave their Belvoir Drive home

The bold project would take the former Premier League champions to a level felt only by the top six clubs in England.

Upon completion, the centre would boast a covered show pitch with 499 seats, spectator toilets, an elevated camera platform, 12 full size football pitches, six part size grass pitches, two goalkeeper areas, one attacking area and five warm up and technical training areas.

They would also have access to a sports hall and a training centre to be used by the first team and academy with hydrotherapy, medical, rehabilitation and dining facilities. 

The new training facility would boast 12 full size pitches, a sports hall and training centre with medical and dining facilities

Plans and concept images also reveal a covered show pitch with 499 seats, spectator toilets, an elevated camera platform

The bold and ambitious project would also see educational facilities included and 30 bedrooms for players and management

The club are also looking to accommodate areas away from the pitch, especially for academy players, and the new facility will also have education facilities, offices, 30 bedrooms for the players and management.

The Foxes also want to incorporate training for ground staff, making it the UK's first sports turf academy.   

Club officials feel a new training ground is a long overdue investment having been at the current Belvoir Drive training ground since 1963. 

The first steps to leave Belvoir Drive were taken earlier this year when the appropriate land was bought to begin the process of creating a new base. 

Speaking about the project earlier this year, vice chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha insisted the club's growth has accelerated the desire for change.

'The club has experienced an extraordinary rate of growth in the last seven years and keeping the Leicestershire community at the heart of that growth has been and will continue to be a fundamental principle of our vision,' he said.

'The new training ground is a truly exciting phase of our development and a once-in-a-generation opportunity to demonstrate our ambition.

'We want to invest in the best possible training facilities to develop and attract the world's elite sporting talent to Leicester and to give them a competitive edge in a game that is constantly evolving.

'It is crucial to us that the benefits brought about by the new development make the facility a source of pride for the Leicestershire community – known for so many years for its rich tradition in sporting development.'

Club officials describe the plans as a 'truly exciting phase of our development and a once-in-a-generation opportunity'

Work is yet to get underway and the club, who have been training at Belvoir Drive since 1963, will not move all that soon

• Subscriber

I've had the odd bit of criticism recently for certain things on the footballing side but I don't think anyone can question our owners ambition at all. I know you often see comments like it but people at my work who've had something to do with this were told that they think this'll be one of the best facilities in Europe.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Ndidi signs a new deal til 2024.

One the best midfielders we have at the club. Aerially dominant and tackles well. They're probably his best 2 attributes and he fits in to our squad exceptionally. Only 21 as well.

• Subscriber

He probably is the best midfielder. He's the automatic pick for everyone when they pick our midfield. Does help that he's naturally the most defensive, he's a bit of insurance.

It's very easy to forget he's only 21. He's not flawless and I would like to see him improve his passing somewhat and I was very surprised he didn't get a single goal last season in the league, but he's a really decent prospect, seemingly very likeable character and will only get better. A sensible bit of business tying him down for the long term. A positive move all round.

Edited by Dan

• 3 weeks later...