• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arjen Robben Retires from International football

football forum

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

one of the most one-footed players that's ever played but what a left foot he had. 

always found it somewhat baffling that it was so predictable what he was going to do (cut inside from the right and shoot) yet defenders would get done over by it so many times.

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

one of the most one-footed players that's ever played but what a left foot he had. 

always found it somewhat baffling that it was so predictable what he was going to do (cut inside from the right and shoot) yet defenders would get done over by it so many times.

His acceleration could easily lose defenders where he could find space to curl it. Force his right, he'll beat you on pace. 

I admired his ability to perform at the very top for Club and Country. 

• Administrator
Just now, Cicero said:

His acceleration could easily lose defenders where he could find space to curl it. Force his right, he'll beat you on pace. 

I admired his ability to perform at the very top for Club and Country. 

doubling up on him would have solved a lot of problems for teams!

Thoroughly dislikeable person IMO but without doubt a quality player that would have achieved more recognition had he not played in an era with Messi and Ronaldo.

Therefore, by way of a tribute, here's a collection of his finest moments. Thanks for the memories Arjen.

BrZvg_nIEAAJ5rO.jpg.a052a6a7965d8a4910d716d6e5a550c4.jpg

robben-dive-meme-2.thumb.jpg.1ca5b13d03b40f1c2aea073923629043.jpg

robben-dive-meme-6.thumb.jpg.3714d652fe9db3f1c468d2697db11750.jpg

Memes-Robben_LNCIMA20140704_0182_28.jpg.0e2ab065cc89e7b3daa24d84898049e6.jpg

robben-dive-meme-3.thumb.jpg.c701ca82001b2b97677827783db9cf27.jpg

• Subscriber
On 10/10/2017 at 2:07 PM, Stan said:

reckon he'll finish his career at Bayern?

Probably not, I figure he thinks hes still got some football in him whether that be back in Holland or somewhere like China for a paycheck remains to be seen. 

This one was one of his more recent goals, he scores with his right and runs to tell Ribery on the sidelines. Announcers where saying it was like his first right footed goal in the Bundesliga in 2 or 3 years if i remember right xD

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

World Class player who looks to be coming to an end at top level. 

The one player I regret most we got rid. 

Even though he wasn't a regular for Chelsea in his last season it was evident at the time that himself, Ribery and Malouda were the cream of wide players of that season in the late naughties. Finishing fourth and being Boltons level was the best thing that could have happened to Bayern as the reaction was signing Robben and Ribery that kicked the club in to the level they should have been at I  the first place.

Chelsea under Abramovich round that era seemed weird from a teenage outsider. That summer you signed free agents (Pizzarro, Sidwell, Ben Haim) because it appeared Roman wanted to cut the cloth but then Jose got sacked very early on the following season. That must have been an expensive pay off.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

don't forget this @Lucas

Image result for arjen robben gif

on a serious note in addition to Lucas' post, this was one of my favourite goals of his

Image result for arjen robben gif

I remember watching that last goal in a Wetherspoons. So glad at that time English teams weren't dominating The Champions League any more with our riches. So mad that with all our money we haven't had the scouting or coaching infrastructure to do it again.

• The title was changed to Arjen Robben Retires from International football

Archived