Wycombe vs Exeter
Yeovil vs Crewe

Sunday 15th October, 2017
Championship
Derby vs Nottm Forest, 13.15

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wolves v Villa will be a good game. Might try and make sure I catch that one.

Massive game for us this weekend after two heavy defeats on the road. Been a while since we've had a couple turnovers like that and now is a good test of how this team reacts to that. They would have been sitting, chewing on these defeats the last two weeks so I'm hoping we'll be raring to go at home on Saturday. Reading haven't been much cop this season so we need to take advantage of that. Nothing but a win would be acceptable.

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Should be looking to win this in all honesty. Birmingham have been wank so far this season, but we'll most likely lose due to new manager syndrome.

And lo and behold, we lose 1-0 and deservedly so simply because Kuczcak or however you spell his name could have put out a deckchair in the middle of the goal, chilled with a few pints and watch himself sitting in said deckchair on Sky Go. We didn't test him once tonight. Very disappointing.

We've got Millwall at home, we've got our first win of the season and I feel like we've played most of the promotion candidates now so it's about time we start firing the goals in. Vibe played for the B Team so that's encouraging, he's around a 15 goal a season striker and has barely played.

No complaints pretty much as I’ve called it all season, we’re good enough for the playoffs despite Bruce. This squad can take the field with no tactics and no plan and roll teams that are poor, against organisation and well drilled teams they’re going to come unstuck and Bruce has no answer. I think I even said against Wolves this won’t fly 3-4 weeks back we’re fucked because they will win the odd game and it will keep this clown in a job. It sounds arrogant but it’s not, with a decent manager this squad would walk this league

Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again.

What a disappointment. Never reached an acceptable level of performance today. Thought we were very flat and poor which was the exact opposite I expected us to be after those two shocking defeats pre International break.

The penalty miss at the end basically summed us up. Limp.

That's three straight defeats. I expected a reaction today and it didn't come. There is a big question hanging over the character of this team now. I think tactically, things need freshening up. We need to be more adaptable rather than playing one set way. Thomas Christiansen will be under pressure to find an answer soon.

1-0 win in a game where maybe is taking 3 points was questionable, but I don't care, we've given away points all season to sides we've dominated so I'm glad to just see a win come in.

@Lucas I feel for your players, you lot don't really have a long term building mentality seeing as you've been stuck down here forever now. If you're destined for anything this season I imagine it's the play-offs, it's a long season and your last three losses are probably just the otherwise of a coin that had that brilliant start.

You were similar last season, going to get promoted etc and then nosedived. I don't think it's a mentality issue, at the end of the day you're a Championship club with Championship players amongst other clubs that have the same ambitions but because your supporters expect so much when things are going well you create your own stumbling blocks.

The Championship is a tight division, we've won twice this season but drawn most of our games yet we're 8 points off the play offs and it's not even January. You're 6th and 6 points off the league leaders, that's not a bad position and I think expecting you lot to waltz the automatic places is probably too much of an ask, especially after last season.

Really poor performance by us yesterday. We are cancelling our fixtures during the international break as we have 3 senior players called up to play by their national team, but it's appearing to disrupt our momentum as we've now lost both fixtures following an international break. No disrespect to either opposition but we should be beating them both comfortably. The starting 11 and 3 subs which came on yesterday on paper should win the game very comfortably, but we are failing to break down teams and we have a missing link between midfield and our attack. Add to that the fans getting on the player's backs so early in games if things aren't going our way and abusing their own players (Elliot Ward is now the scapegoat now Jason Lowe has left). Really disappointing considering the number of fans which attended. We need to re-focus and put in a good performance at home to Plymouth this Tuesday. 

10 hours ago, Danny said:

1-0 win in a game where maybe is taking 3 points was questionable, but I don't care, we've given away points all season to sides we've dominated so I'm glad to just see a win come in.

@Lucas I feel for your players, you lot don't really have a long term building mentality seeing as you've been stuck down here forever now. If you're destined for anything this season I imagine it's the play-offs, it's a long season and your last three losses are probably just the otherwise of a coin that had that brilliant start.

You were similar last season, going to get promoted etc and then nosedived. I don't think it's a mentality issue, at the end of the day you're a Championship club with Championship players amongst other clubs that have the same ambitions but because your supporters expect so much when things are going well you create your own stumbling blocks.

The Championship is a tight division, we've won twice this season but drawn most of our games yet we're 8 points off the play offs and it's not even January. You're 6th and 6 points off the league leaders, that's not a bad position and I think expecting you lot to waltz the automatic places is probably too much of an ask, especially after last season.

I get what you are saying mate and don't entirely disagree with anything you have said, I would agree that expectations do raise at our club because of who we are and how long we've been down here. I also agree that the league is a very tight divisions with lot's of twists and turns so you expect the up's and down's over a 46 game season.

We haven't looked long term up until last season, where we built the base of a team that got us as close as we've been to getting out this league for years. We've built on that base and added to it despite a couple losses to the personal but all in all, we are better for it.

We now have an owner I'm totally pleased with punch with. Someone who has really shown they are in it for the long haul. I'm as happy as I've been supporting this club for a while. We have bought back Elland Road and we have made several off field changes that makes me think we're genuinely looking like we're running a sensible operation here.

But contrary to what you said, I do think it's fair question the character of the team after these defeats.

Defeats raise questions. Defeats on the spin continue to raise questions rather than provide answers. It's fair to ask the question about the team's character, particularly with new players involved. I think you learn more about your team through losing. Not the victories, but the defeats. And that's why I am interested to see if the character of the new players in this team stands up.

Right now, I think it's a confidence issue. We are playing exactly how we have been in all our games but the things we were doing are not working now, or not quite coming off. I think we run the risk of being a bit too predictable and need to show we can change things when we need to. And that's what the challenge is now for our coach.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived