talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

England 3-0 Peru - How the 2 Teams have Grown

football forum

I'll let the English focus on their own side.

As for Peru, we sent a C team to wembley for that game.

... that C team ended up developing well and now most of the players there are on the NT currently.

https://us.soccerway.com/matches/2014/05/30/world/friendlies/england/peru/1630376/

Genuinely an interesting look back for me. Interesting to hear how England have changed.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Claudio Pizarro.

Also, you clearly didn't read the first post. Can you just post about England please? You're supposed to be setting a good example here.

I bet he'd tatted up too. Bad example for the kids. Thankfully for him, I don't think we have any on here.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

I could go on a huge list mate.

Just give your views on England mate.

no matter how much Peru have 'developed', they'd still get battered by England and that's considering England are quite poor these days. 

Just now, Stan said:

no matter how much Peru have 'developed', they'd still get battered by England and that's considering England are quite poor these days. 

I look forward to breaking English hearts in Russia then ;) 

Just now, Cannabis said:

Teso's still active mate. 

Stan is the Indian Sampaoli.

Only difference is the former knows football about as much as Jon Snow.

#BANTER

• Administrator

looking at the England squad then and now, it's so much more balanced now and there is certainly better personnel these days.

Hart was playing then and is still #1 now. There's Butland & Pickford as back-up compared to Foster & Forster then.

Glen Johnson. Pfft. Kyle Walker a vastly better defender either going forward or actually defending.

Leighton Baines. Danny Rose is better. 

Cahill then and now.

Phil Jagielka. Was getting old back then and his replacement John Stones is a better central defender. 

Jordan Henderson - somehow still in the squad these days as well as back then. A weak spot. 

Steven Gerrard - Was on the way out at this point of his career anyway although still influential. Dele Alli is today's player and he has vast amounts of talent.

Adam Lallana - still in the squad now as well which is a plus point but injury holding him back.

Wayne Rooney - became fairly ineffective and we have one of the best strikers in the world in Harry Kane now which is extremely promising. 

Daniel Sturridge - i personally don't rate him because of his fitness and proneness to injury which makes him a liability. Marcus Rashford you could say is the alternative now and again that's a hugely positive thing as he's one of the best young talents around. Pacy and a great, instinctive finisher. 

Daniel Welbeck - like Sturridge, I don't rate him and don't think he should be anywhere near the England squad. Alternatives for the way England play now would be Sterling who is a better player. 

So yeah, I stand by England would make life very difficult for Peru and wouldn't surprise me if we saw a similar scoreline to that in 2014. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

If England played Peru I'd be dissapointed with anything less than a 3-0 win, it's the kind of games that we should be winning and winning well.

should shut the nation down if we're not beating minnows like Peru tbh.

43 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'll let the English focus on their own side.

As for Peru, we sent a C team to wembley for that game.

... that C team ended up developing well and now most of the players there are on the NT currently.

https://us.soccerway.com/matches/2014/05/30/world/friendlies/england/peru/1630376/

Genuinely an interesting look back for me. Interesting to hear how England have changed.

Is it bad I don't even remember this game? Another soulless Wembley friendly in front of a crowd that barely cares.

Only conclusion I come to is if we have beaten someone 3-0, they must have been poor.

And if both Cahill and Jagielka have got on the scoresheet, then we're taking the piss.

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Is it bad I don't even remember this game? Another soulless Wembley friendly in front of a crowd that barely cares.

Only conclusion I come to is if we have beaten someone 3-0, they must have been poor.

And if both Cahill and Jagielka have got on the scoresheet, then we're taking the piss.

Well that crowd did successfully land a paper airplane on Riojas.

Archived