The better place to talk football.

Yer Da Becomes Interim Manager

football forum

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Alex McLeish was the 2nd favourite, so I guess it'll be his to lose. Again, there is no rush as Scotland don't have a game until next season. I'd rather they took their time and got the best person for the job rather than panic and pick up whoever is available.

31 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Alex McLeish was the 2nd favourite, so I guess it'll be his to lose. Again, there is no rush as Scotland don't have a game until next season. I'd rather they took their time and got the best person for the job rather than panic and pick up whoever is available.

The fact that all the coverage is just going over the most predicable few names suggests that they aren't using all of this time to explore all of the possibilities. 

On 1/7/2018 at 11:42, Smiley Culture said:

I know Berti Vogts was a disaster but why are Scotland, and Wales for that matter, so against looking abroad? Also, if they want the best Scottish manager, why aren’t they targeting someone like Derek McInnes?

The SFA couldn't afford someone like McInnes. Aberdeen wanted over £1million from Rangers if he was to leave, and I'd expect that would be the same if the SFA came. Plus I think after Craig Levein, they are worried about taking a chance on a manager with only having domestic success.

The Michael O'Neil rumors aren't dead yet though. A compensation figure has now been agreed and it's about convincing him to take up the job.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

After all that, then end up with McLeish.

The job seems to be truly unappealing to any manager with options, so they end up with a guy out of work for two years.

Honestly would get a wee buzz in my heart out of every board member at the SFA dying in their sleeps from massive carbon monoxide leaks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived