talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Starting XI of the fixture round

• Administrator

Who stood out? Who just stood and did nothing?

All these questions and more might get answered in this click bait thread. He ponders.

I’m going to kick this off early and go with some obvious choices here - granted only one game has been played thus far.

In the team Joe Gomez (Liverpool) at Fullback, a defender that can defend and maintain his concentration, what an asset for Klopp. Sure United did little but this guy was bloody decent today. 

In the bus Mohammed Salah (Liverpool), I’m going to annoy some Liverpool fans here and call this lad a one trick pony. I wasn’t convinced today and I think he’s been found out.

Keeping an eye on James Tarkowski (Burnley) & Pascal Gross (Brighton). Burnley Are tough to beat at home. Tarkowski has been sneaking in under the radar with some solid performances. Gross has a touch of class that is hardly a surprise to anyone who’s watched him. Fancy he’ll deliver today.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

In the team David Silva, Raheem Sterling, Leroy Sane, Kevin De Bruyne & Gabriel Jesus (Manchester) ... do we even need to qualify these inclusions? 

In the bus ... Stoke City

In the team - Wilfried Zaha. Hes shown consistently for over a year now that he is a top six player. Hes added end product consistently to his growing attributes of talent. Hes quick, skillfull, direct, everything you would like to see in an academy player. For all of Simon Jordan's faults he definitely has one over Steve Parish in regards to academy players.

In the bus - Chelsea FC. No matter how shit we are we always seem to turn them over once a season.

7 hours ago, Batard said:

In the bus Mohammed Salah (Liverpool), I’m going to annoy some Liverpool fans here and call this lad a one trick pony. I wasn’t convinced today and I think he’s been found out.

Think you've given Salah a big injustice there. Thought in the first half he was Liverpool's brightest player. More so than Coutinho. Their main threat was coming from him. I thought he should have buried that first half chance after De Gea's save mind.

Second half he faded but I think tiredness after his excursions with Egypt played a big part. There is no doubt to me he's a brilliant signing for them.

In the team Kevin De Bruyne. Man of the match for City today, taking the game by the scruff of the neck and pulling all the strings. He's enjoying some great form right now and we are potentially looking at an early contender for PFA Player of the Year. On a day Chelsea went a massive nine points behind City, surely they will be kicking themselves looking at his display shaking their heads at the one that got away.

In the bus Andy Carroll. Let himself and his team mates down with his ludicrous sending off which ultimately cost his team three points at Burnley. Considering all the games he's missed because of injury, missing more because of silly suspension's will not do him any favours. Why make such a stupid challenge when you've just been cautioned? Idiot.

Keeping an eye on Tammy Abraham. Two goals for goal shy Swansea, giving them a massive three points. Probably lingering question marks as to if he will score as many goals for Swansea as he did last season at a higher level but in a struggling side, he's been playing well without having the goals to back it up. Not the case today. He's a promising talent and this should give him a terrific shot of confidence with winnable games coming up.

17 hours ago, Lucas said:

Think you've given Salah a big injustice there. Thought in the first half he was Liverpool's brightest player. More so than Coutinho. Their main threat was coming from him. I thought he should have buried that first half chance after De Gea's save mind.

Second half he faded but I think tiredness after his excursions with Egypt played a big part. There is no doubt to me he's a brilliant signing for them.

He had Darmian every time too. Should have scored that chance granted but he was our biggest threat like you say. Extremely harsh to single him out yesterday

• Administrator
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

He had Darmian every time too. Should have scored that chance granted but he was our biggest threat like you say. Extremely harsh to single him out yesterday

In games like this, and maybe this is harsh, I’d be expecting a bit more from Salah. I don’t think his finishing is particularly good enough and he’s certainly predictable. I remember thinking the same after his misses against City

20 minutes ago, Batard said:

In games like this, and maybe this is harsh, I’d be expecting a bit more from Salah. I don’t think his finishing is particularly good enough and he’s certainly predictable. I remember thinking the same after his misses against City

I'm not disputing that his finishing needs to be improved. His play aside from that yesterday though was very good. He gave Darmian a bad time and was our biggest threat aside from Coutinho. There were a few other players from us that you'd be more critical of yesterday. The three in midfield weren't good enough for a start.

• Administrator

My Team of the weekend so far. Dispute. Scorn. Post your own.

Delete as applicable.

Goalkeeper David De Gea

Defence Joe Gomez, Mamadou Sakho, Kieran Trippier

Midfield Christian Eriksen, Kevin De Bruyne, Leroy Sane, David Silva, Raheem Sterling

Forwards Wilfred Zaha (he was deployed as a forward against Chelsea), Gabriel Jesus, Tammy Abraham 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Batard said:

My Team of the weekend so far. Dispute. Scorn. Post your own.

Delete as applicable.

Goalkeeper David De Gea

Defence Joe Gomez, Mamadou Sakho, Kieran Trippier

Midfield Christian Eriksen, Kevin De Bruyne, Leroy Sane, David Silva, Raheem Sterling

Forwards Wilfred Zaha (he was deployed as a forward against Chelsea), Gabriel Jesus, Tammy Abraham 

1 player more than required. Stop cheating at your own game. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Hart does occasionally have an absolute stormer but strangely most of them seem to be in games his team don't actually win xD remember him having fantastic games at both the Bernabeu and Nou Camp but they lost both. Also remember him having probably his best game for England at Slovenia, was a miracle England didn't lose that.

• Administrator

Here’s my team of the round so far

In Goal Joe Hart

Defence Eric Dier, Sead Kolasinac, Kurt Zouma, Kyle Walker

Midfield Leroy Sane, Harry Winks, Ashley Young, Wilfred Zaha, Mo Salah 

Attack Alvaro Morata

Archived