talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Starting XI of the fixture round

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the team Leroy Sane - The kid can do no wrong at the moment. He is frighteningly good and is consistently chipping in with goals and assists. That finish against West Brom was sweet as a nut. In the 'Good, Bad and Surprise Thread' he was my pick in the good, I saw enough from the second half of last season to think he'd kick on this year and what a start he's made. If he keep's this form up consistently then he's going to win PFA Young Player easy and be running De Bruyne close to PFA Player of the Year. 

In the bus Michael Antonio - How Slaven Bilic can look him in the face and not want to punch his lights out this weekend I don't know. West Ham had survived a second half onslaught, it's the 7th minute of injury time and all he has to do is keep the ball in the corner. What a ridiculous decision he made and from his fuck up, Zaha scored with literally the last kick. Excruciating from a West Ham perspective and all down to one player making an idiotic brainless decision.

Keeping an eye on Eden Hazard - It's been a quiet start for Hazard given the injury he started the season with and Chelsea's patchy form but that's back to back wins for them now and with Hazard starting to rack up 90mins each week, we're starting to see one of the best players from last season show signs he's ready to start winning games for Chelsea again when they need him most. Yesterday was a prime example, being the match winner and looking a threat all game. People will soon start talking about Hazard again if he keeps improving week upon week.

Hazard has had a slow start to the season and a lot of that is due to injury. In the Champions League he has been one of the players of the competition so far but has been relatively poor in the league until this weekend against Bournemouth. He needs the big performances in the Champions League so it's good to see he's adding that to his profile now and let's hope it continues.

I think his best season in a Chelsea shirt was the title win under Mourinho but last season runs it close but it's true he had close to two months last season where he was off form. It's going to be interesting to see how he does this season in terms of consistency, something to keep an eye on. He performs better playing with Pedro and they link up well.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

hazard gets credit but no mention of Martial? Also dont understand what else bailly has to do get the credit he deserves. The only one (besides me ) has been Dan. :congrats:

Bailly is quietly effective which is why he doesn’t get much hype, whereas Martial seems really hit and miss from whether he starts or comes on as a sub 

11 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

hazard gets credit but no mention of Martial? Also dont understand what else bailly has to do get the credit he deserves. The only one (besides me ) has been Dan. :congrats:

You mean the same Martial that practically did NOTHING all game? He scored from a flick off Lukaku and a Spurs error. Get over it. 

30 minutes ago, Dan said:

Gray over Salah isn't a ridiculous shout at all. Gray tore them a new one.

Aye yeah but you have to consider that Gray was up against relegation fodder whereas Salah was facing a decent midtable side :ph34r:

• Subscriber
On 10/29/2017 at 9:11 PM, Lucas said:

In the team Leroy Sane - The kid can do no wrong at the moment. He is frighteningly good and is consistently chipping in with goals and assists. That finish against West Brom was sweet as a nut. In the 'Good, Bad and Surprise Thread' he was my pick in the good, I saw enough from the second half of last season to think he'd kick on this year and what a start he's made. If he keep's this form up consistently then he's going to win PFA Young Player easy and be running De Bruyne close to PFA Player of the Year. 

In the bus Michael Antonio - How Slaven Bilic can look him in the face and not want to punch his lights out this weekend I don't know. West Ham had survived a second half onslaught, it's the 7th minute of injury time and all he has to do is keep the ball in the corner. What a ridiculous decision he made and from his fuck up, Zaha scored with literally the last kick. Excruciating from a West Ham perspective and all down to one player making an idiotic brainless decision.

Keeping an eye on Eden Hazard - It's been a quiet start for Hazard given the injury he started the season with and Chelsea's patchy form but that's back to back wins for them now and with Hazard starting to rack up 90mins each week, we're starting to see one of the best players from last season show signs he's ready to start winning games for Chelsea again when they need him most. Yesterday was a prime example, being the match winner and looking a threat all game. People will soon start talking about Hazard again if he keeps improving week upon week.

I do agree with Antonio but it wasn't just him. I counted four of them up there. Unbelievable tactics, or lack of brain, delete as appropriate.

In the team Mo Salah - Another two goals for the signing of the Summer so far. What an acquisition he has been when they have needed him most. We have to remember that he is a winger and he's now on joint second for the golden boot in great company with strikers such as Aguero, Kane, Morata and Lukaku. Considering Liverpool do not have an out and out World Class striker, he is stepping up to the plate and shouldering the goal scoring burden. And at this rate, he's on course to be the club's top scorer since Luis Suarez which shows what a valuable asset he is.

In the bus West Ham - My third time of nominating West Ham in this category after Andy Carroll and Mikael Antonio. The lot of them absolutely need shooting. After West Ham's impressive performances at Spurs and then Crystal Palace last week, I was at least expecting to see a continuation of the spirit they showed but they were a shambles. The team looked devoid of confidence and it was yet another humiliating home defeat. The players cannot master the basic art of defending and Bilic is struggling to inject belief. It's like they are a sick animal waiting to be put down. Fans must be sick of it.

Keeping an eye on Burnley - What a great week it's been for them. Two wins, two clean sheets and up to 7th in the table. Sean Dyche continues to add to his reputation. There is 'No frills' about this team, they don't try to be something they aren't, but they dig in and get results with good, hard honest work. With Swansea up next at home, they will have genuine expectancy to win this game which could result in them being level for fourth. Amazing. Little old Burnley, who many predicted would struggle, defying the odds.

28 minutes ago, Batard said:

I actually thought, Bakayoko was good yesterday. And he will get better. 

Think he still needs time to adapt to a much stronger league. However he is very strong, tall and has a bit of pace in him. The worst thing he does is that he has these moments of confusion and he losses the ball in very dangerous positions. Yesterday with Kante on the team to fix his mistakes it looked far better. With 23 years of age he can only improve, just needs to get rid of the blue hair xD

Archived