talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday 3 (Group F) - Tuesday 17th October, 2017

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maurizio Sarri: “I didn’t want to get depressed” watching Manchester City

Napoli manager Maurizio Sarri has heaped praise on Champions League opponents Manchester City suggesting they are the most in-form across the continent.

Pep Guardiola’s men have made a scintillating start to the Premier League season, scoring 29 goals from their opening eight games.

Meanwhile Napoli have scored 26 goals of their own in the Serie A, while maintaining a 100 per cent record.

Despite having been eliminated at the competition’s Round of 16 by eventual Real Madrid last season, Sarri says Guardiola’s side are ahead of the Spanish giants.

“The feeling I get watching Man City play, I didn’t even get watching Real Madrid last year. I always felt my team could give opponents a hard time, but this time I think Man City are a formidable team,” he told a news conference.

“But if we want to play at a certain level, we have to do it in important matches and aim at achieving results.”

When asked about his research for the game, he added: “I watched a few matches. I didn’t want to watch all of them because I didn’t want to get depressed.

“I think Man City are by far the strongest team in Europe at the moment.”

And while City may be in strong form, Sarri insisted he wasn’t going to make major changes to his side’s system.

“I would like to die a sudden death if I have to, not a painful slow death,” he said.

“When you play a tactical, savvy and gifted team like Man City, who are well prepared from a physical point of view, you have to be careful not to overthink things.

“We have to focus on our game. They could be superior to us on the pitch. From the technical point of view and speed they might be slightly better.

“All I am asking us is not to be fearful, to respect our opponents but not to fear them. Fear paralyses you and prevents you from doing your best.

“I want to see 11 players who believe in themselves. It may be impossible but maybe we have to be a little crazy. If we do not have this crazy belief then what is the point?”

https://dailyfootballshow.com/maurizio-sarri-i-didnt-want-to-get-depressed-watching-manchester-city/

Every sane person agree's B|   ..no doubt some bat shit crazy fucker on here will disagree :dam:

Here is a chronological account of John Motson's finest hour:
2-0 to Arsenal “Man City are defending like a pub team!”
“It’s hard to believe we are watching a premiership football match!”   
3-0 to Arsenal “Embarrassingly easy!”
4-0 to Arsenal “Fetch me an abacus!”
5-0 to Arsenal “Being a City fan is all about afternoons like these.”

Apparently,  The Premiership have received bucket loads of complaints from people claiming John Motsons commentary was totally unfair – on pub teams that is...

The days before the money.... 

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Here is a chronological account of John Motson's finest hour:
2-0 to Arsenal “Man City are defending like a pub team!”
“It’s hard to believe we are watching a premiership football match!”   
3-0 to Arsenal “Embarrassingly easy!”
4-0 to Arsenal “Fetch me an abacus!”
5-0 to Arsenal “Being a City fan is all about afternoons like these.”

Apparently,  The Premiership have received bucket loads of complaints from people claiming John Motsons commentary was totally unfair – on pub teams that is...

The days before the money.... 

I remember that game. Before they got rich we use to beat them all the time. Same with Chelsea

In a knockout this would have been an acceptable result for Napoli. The important part is getting the job done at home which I think they'll beat Shahktar and at least draw City at home. With at least a draw in the Netherlands, added by those 2 wins should be enough to go through.

Unlucky not to be 4 up in the first 30mins with a goal line clearance and De Bruyne's long range strike coming back out of the underside of the cross bar  ..Napoli didn't really challenge us and needed a penalty to score with the very shots they had  ..should be enough to see us through now

• The topic was unpinned

Archived