Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Matchday 3 (Group H) - Tuesday 17th October, 2017

Kick-offs 7.45pm

Real Madrid vs Tottenham
APOEL vs Borussia Dortmund

Real Madrid still unconvincing and Spurs have shown away from Wembley that they're still amongst the very best in the Premier League. This should be a good measure of the relative quality in the two leagues.

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Chance for Spurs players to win a move to Real Madrid :ph34r:

Well one at least.... 

Going to be a right test for Spurs this.. don't see them winning but you never know, just hope they put up a decent showing and give it a good go.. 

Lloris is playing a blinder. 2 brilliant saves from Benzema and now Ronaldo. 

Dortmund losing :o. Keeper has had a shocker. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Great result for Spurs there. 

Not for me!  Should've won and If I were a Spurs fan with knowledge of La Liga this season I'd be upset at not getting three points.  Most seasons if not almost all, this would be a great result.  Real will win away to Spurs.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Not for me!  Should've won and If I were a Spurs fan with knowledge of La Liga this season I'd be upset at not getting three points.  Most seasons if not almost all, this would be a great result.  Real will win away to Spurs.

Come on mate...just look at the quality in the Madrid side still...and Europe is their bread and butter. It's an excellent point, could have been all three but delighted with the effort. Very good performance.

Doesn't really matter now about the home game, with the Apoel result, a win against them should be all we need!

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

League form goes out the window in the CL

Just now, Storts said:

Come on mate...just look at the quality in the Madrid side still...and Europe is their bread and butter. It's an excellent point, could have been all three but delighted with the effort. Very good performance.

Doesn't really matter now about the home game, with the Apoel result, a win against them should be all we need!

It's an excellent point because you're seeing REAL MADRID on the home scoreboard.  You're better than them right now by a decent margin and they're playing very nervously at home this season.  You should've gotten the three points but at the same time lady luck could've played you a bad turn and you could've come home with nothing, so in that sense it's good.  But they're there for the taking right now if you've been following La Liga with Real Madrid.

Embarrassing performance from Dortmund. 

Just now, Cicero said:

League form goes out the window in the CL

This is true, but even their home game against APOEL which ended 3-0 and looks convincing, wasn't!  It was all sorted in the final minutes and APOEL had plenty of chances to get something.  Their form has translated to the Champions League at home as this is only their second home game in this competition and they (Real) were nothing like what they should be.  But be assured that away they're a different story right now.  They're not brilliant, but they're more solid and haven't been put through too many issues away.  They'll get better as the season progresses because they've got the squad to do it, but these are the moments to take advantage of.

1-1 means we're out. CL has been unwatchable anyway lately.

In our last 5 cl matches:

• We suffered a bomb attack on our bus
  • We hit the woodwork 5 times
  • Our opponents scored 5 irregular goals
  • The referee called 3 regular Dortmund goals offside
  • The referee failed to award 2 penalties for us.
  • The referee failed to show a red card against an opponent twice

VAR WHEN?

On top of that we make a lot of individual mistakes and since Bosz took over our match plans are very naive.

It's an excellent point because you're seeing REAL MADRID on the home scoreboard.  You're better than them right now by a decent margin and they're playing very nervously at home this season.  You should've gotten the three points but at the same time lady luck could've played you a bad turn and you could've come home with nothing, so in that sense it's good.  But they're there for the taking right now if you've been following La Liga with Real Madrid.

Real Madrid absolutely battered Spurs in the second half. No way that was a bad result for them.

I agree with you - with more experience and confidence we'd have won here tonight, but first real big away CL test for this team and I'm immensely proud. No other Tottenham team for a very long time would have performed like that at Real Madrid 

5 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Real Madrid couldn't beat a team with Harry Winks and Sissoko in midfield.

Time to retire Ronaldo :ph34r:

Both were sensational.

Poch is a miracle worker, what a shift from Sissoko 

To reiterate @SirBalon

Real Madrid had won 21 and drawn 2 since their last home group stage defeat in 2009. Hard to do what Spurs did. The 2 draws were v Dortmund.

That's why this point was so good. 

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Real Madrid absolutely battered Spurs in the second half. No way that was a bad result for them.

I wouldn't say battered...  I'd say more like "played with anxiety" which is what that 'furious attacking play' has been labelled as in Spain this season.  It's not composed and they're playing at home.  Of course they're going to dominate various factors of proceedings but this is a game of details and Spurs had those details well mapped out by Pochettino.

Put it this way...  In Spain right now (the media) are saying Spurs deserved the victory and Real should feel happy with the draw.

Just now, SirBalon said:

I wouldn't say battered...  I'd say more like "played with anxiety" which is what that 'furious attacking play' has been labelled as in Spain this season.  It's not composed and they're playing at home.  Of course they're going to dominate various factors of proceedings but this is a game of details and Spurs had those details well mapped out by Pochettino.

Put it this way...  In Spain right now (the media) are saying Spurs deserved the victory and Real should feel happy with the draw.

Of course you wouldn’t, your motivations are plain. Real Madrid were denied by the wonders of lloris. 

Put it however you like, I couldn’t care what the Mickey Mouse media in Spain say. Spurs were worthy  of a point and no more.