talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday 3 (Group A) - Wednesday 18th October, 2017

• The title was changed to Matchday 3 (Group A) - Wednesday 18th October, 2017
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Man Utd just scored the jammiest goal xD 

Svilar, the youngster, catches a deep free-kick but walks back and carries the ball over the line. One of those where it happens on FIFA but the keeper stops just in time. 

49 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

great defensive performance! 

United are just the most turgid, horrible team to watch in the world. 

Embarrassing with the money they spend and can only be down to the managers tactics. 

Mourinho is an absolute dinosaur!

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

United are just the most turgid, horrible team to watch in the world. 

Embarrassing with the money they spend and can only be down to the managers tactics. 

Mourinho is an absolute dinosaur!

But they won!  It's all about getting there and nobody will remember games like these if there's success, you know this mate.

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

But they won!  It's all about getting there and nobody will remember games like these if there's success, you know this mate.

Imagine having Mourinho as manager though? 

Seriously, I’d rather give up watching football. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Imagine having Mourinho as manager though? 

Seriously, I’d rather give up watching football. 

I can't and I wouldn't mate.  I'd stop supporting Arsenal for the duration and I've always said this.  But it's about results and when his teams are clicking correctly to his system, that's what yo get.  If you want to be entertained, watch someone else...  What's for sure is that Man Utd would never be a game I'd watch right now unless my team was playing against them.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I can't and I wouldn't mate.  I'd stop supporting Arsenal for the duration and I've always said this.  But it's about results and when his teams are clicking correctly to his system, that's what yo get.  If you want to be entertained, watch someone else...  What's for sure is that Man Utd would never be a game I'd watch right now unless my team was playing against them.

We’ve just played them and even though it took a couple of world class saves from De Gea to bail them out, it was horrible to watch. 

Absolutely no ambition or intention to win from Mourinho, just ‘do not lose’. 

5 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

*Google's Mourinho's achievements!*

*Google's Liverpool's recent failures* 

Okay, have fun watching Liverpool playing "beautiful" football. its all about being effective! *looks at the table* and *Googles the trophies Man Utd won last year, especially that trophy Liverpool lost versus Sevilla." its all about being effective both defensively and offensively!!! 

Fuck off Mourinho’s a fossil 

:coffee:

• Subscriber

Some very strong opinions here. Like Balon said, if United win the Champions League playing like this literally nobody will care that they did so by sometimes playing dull tactics and anyone that tries to discredit them for doing so has no leg to stand on. Winning is winning and there's more than one way to shear a sheep.

• Administrator

surprised there's not more on here about what happened in the Benfica vs Utd game, or more so what happened after the game.

Most Utd players, especially Lukaku, went over to the young teenage goal-keeper and consoled him after his mistake. Lukaku seemed to have most words for him and supported him the most. Got a lot of time for that from those Utd players.

Great sportsmanship and respect. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

surprised there's not more on here about what happened in the Benfica vs Utd game, or more so what happened after the game.

Most Utd players, especially Lukaku, went over to the young teenage goal-keeper and consoled him after his mistake. Lukaku seemed to have most words for him and supported him the most. Got a lot of time for that from those Utd players.

Great sportsmanship and respect. 

It was only because they are both Belgium International teamates. If it had been a Canadian goalkeeper Lukaku wouldn’t have given two fucks. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It was only because they are both Belgium International teamates. If it had been a Canadian goalkeeper Lukaku wouldn’t have given two fucks. 

there were other players that went up to him though as well. Lukaku the main one but Belgian or not I still think it was quite good of him to do so. 

11 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Some very strong opinions here. Like Balon said, if United win the Champions League playing like this literally nobody will care that they did so by sometimes playing dull tactics and anyone that tries to discredit them for doing so has no leg to stand on. Winning is winning and there's more than one way to shear a sheep.

If it were possible for Afghanistan FC to play in the CL Final against Manchester United, about 99% of the worlds population would want Afghanistan FC to win. 

Seriously cant wait for that miserable twat Mourinho to retire. His team plays in conjunction with his moods. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

If it were possible for Afghanistan FC to play in the CL Final against Manchester United, about 99% of the worlds population would want Afghanistan FC to win. 

Seriously cant wait for that miserable twat Mourinho to retire. His team plays in conjunction with his moods. 

And United wouldn't care. Mourinho's job that he's paid for is to win football matches and trophies. If playing boring shite achieves that he's done his job. If you find it awful to watch as a neutral, watch something else.

I don't like Mourinho, but I don't have as much of a problem with his boring football as some others. If it gets results, respect to him. Be much worse if he played boring shite and his team were sat down in 16th in the league like some clubs but that's another debate :whistling:.

Anyway, I find it amazing people are so arsed about Mourinho that they say they wouldn't support their club if he was manager. Everton could employ Steven Gerrard as manager, I wouldn't like it but if he won the FA Cup final by winning on penalties after putting 11 men behind the ball and drawing every game 0-0, would I stop supporting the club? Would I fuck.

I have to echo everyone here. I immediately think of Independiente Santa Fe. They are arguably the most dull team on the planet, but as boring as they are they do win trophies and I don't think they care. They only care about getting their hands on that silverware and that's that. When it comes to Manchester United, I am not impressed with the trophies they won last season when you consider they finished outside the top 4. If they do manage to win this season while playing awful football, they won't complain and neither will the fans!

At the end of the day though its a taste thing. Not everyone is going to think their style of play is boring. Some might find it really interesting and tactical. Like me with Portugal, I don't remember the last time they bored me, and they apparently bore everyone. Managers care about winning though. If the boring style wins you trophies, then why will they complain? It will all be worth it at the end.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived