Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Matchday 3 (Group C) - Wednesday 18th October, 2017

Kick-offs 7.45pm

Qarabag vs Atletico Madrid (5pm)
Chelsea vs Roma

If we play a blinder in this after our recent 2 games then I will be fucked off... 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bluewolf said:

If we play a blinder in this after our recent 2 games then I will be fucked off... 

The fans’ bain! Can someone explain how that happens?

Morata could be fit for Roma, that is a big boost while we have Drinkwater, Moses and Kante confirmed as out. The midfield off Bakayoko and Cesc is terrible. Any option with Cesc in a midfield two is terrible, when he has cover from both Baka and Kante he does a decent job.

Courtois 

Azpilicueta Christensen Rudiger 

Zappacosta Luiz Bakayoko Alonso 

Fabregas 

Hazard Batshuayi 

Like that team but i doubt Luiz will be pushed into midfield tonight. I hope Conte finally realized that Cesc doesn't work in a midfield two. Hopefully the team is up for it tonight, we will either smash them or get a draw / narrow defeat.

He did against Spurs so wouldn't be surprised if he did it again. 

Again, won't be able to catch the game due to my new job, but if I see Willian or Cahill in the starting XI i won't even bother have any hopes for a result. 

46 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He did against Spurs so wouldn't be surprised if he did it again. 

Again, won't be able to catch the game due to my new job, but if I see Willian or Cahill in the starting XI i won't even bother have any hopes for a result. 

We will start a three wingers works as a dream, said no one ever.

Atletico seem really, really poor. 

Struggling to break down a quite spirited Qarabag side. 

hour of the game gone and Atletico are still no better. Such a slow and laboured performance. No pressure on Qarabag players, no intensity. It's as if they're happy with a point here. They look bereft of ideas. Genuinely wouldn't surprise me if Qarabag got a winner here.

If Atletico cant beat carrier bag then it taints our game against them... 

And by them I mean Atletico of course... wouldn't take any great plaudits beating a side that could'nt beat newbies carrrier bag now could we.... 

Big turning point in the game?!

Ndlovu, who's been superb so far, looks to be fouled but is booked for a dive. Godin sticks an arm out, Ndlovu falls way too easily and that works against him. 2nd booking and now off. 

Well if Atletico cant beat 10 men then it just taints our victory even further... 

Qarabag just nearly scored xD

Lineup is spot on with Morata in (Risky) and Cahill in. 

Cahill officially the new Ivanovic 

That is a beautiful goal from Luiz. Fell to him kindly but the finish was lovely. So much curl on it.

2-0 Chelsea. Much like the ball fell kindly to Luiz for the first goal, the same happens for Hazard who volleys in from close range. Chelsea dominating and deserve the 2-0 though. 

Nice work... 2-0

Hazard with a fortunate deflection but it falls to him and he makes no mistake with it.. 

game on at the Bridge! Kolarov takes on 2 players and a powerful but deflected shot goes past Courtois. 2-1

1 minute ago, Stan said:

2-0 Chelsea. Much like the ball fell kindly to Luiz for the first goal, the same happens for Hazard who volleys in from close range. Chelsea dominating and deserve the 2-0 though. 

Heard the opposite. Playing poor again and lucky to be 2-0 up

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

I would say its more Roma than us on balance... 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

weird because I'm watching the Goals show on BT and when Chelsea went 2-0 up, they were saying it's Chelsea were on top. Then when Roma scored they were saying it had been even and 2-0 didn't reflect the game xD 

Judging by the highlights though Chelsea did actually seem to create the better chances and Roma only started getting in to it after they conceded the first.

Its been mostly Roma with the forward play and we have been soaking it up but were far quicker and more clinical with our chances... Its not been one sided or anything but they have edged that first half on possession... Roma look dangerous no doubt about it and we need another I reckon to make it safe..  

Glad I'm not watching judging by some comments and Twitter. Just allowing Roma all over us. 

Kante really is a one of a kind player.