talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Westworld

football forum

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Batard said:

Can’t wait. Season 1was immense 

Indeed it was. I already re-watched it, it's amazing how many details and hidden easter eggs are there that I didn't even notice before. Reminds me of LOST a lot.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

That's gone quite quickly. When it finished in 2016 and we were told we had to wait until 2018 for the next season it sounded like an eternity.

Yea man, time flies. Kind of depressing. 

Bought the boxset. Couldn't stop watching it.  Loved it. And Anthony Hopkins was fantastic. Very complicated so will probably watch it again. Just wondered when the robots were hitting people in the game was that part it of it? Or were they going wrong? They said if you went to the outskirts it got more intense. Different from the film where they couldn't touch you.

On 25/01/2018 at 19:03, nudge said:

Filming for Season 2 is completed! We can expect it to be aired some time around March-April :D  

Thats to long :(

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Bought the boxset. Couldn't stop watching it.  Loved it. Very complicated so will probably watch it again. Just wondered when the robots were hitting people in the game was that part it of it? Or were they going wrong? They said if you went to the outskirts it got more intense. Different from the film where they couldn't touch you.

The way I understood it, if you venture outwards, things get rough and violence gets more real. Hosts can hurt guests to a certain degree, especially far away from Sweetwater, but can't kill them or cause permanent damage.

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Thats to long :(

Hehe, I've been waiting ever since the Season 1 ended... Already rewatched it once, will do it again before the new season starts to refresh my memory. Can't wait!

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

The way I understood it, if you venture outwards, things get rough and violence gets more real. Hosts can hurt guests to a certain degree, especially far away from Saltwater, but can't kill them or cause permanent damage.

Hehe, I've been waiting ever since the Season 1 ended... Already rewatched it once, will do it again before the new season starts to refresh my memory. Can't wait!

That was the way I interpreted it. They were allowed to hit them. Permanent scars wouldn't be an issue either as they cen heal them instantly as shown in the show. So the man in black who turned out to be William was searching for hidden meaning in the game which turned out not to exist right? 

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

That was the way I interpreted it. They were allowed to hit them. Permanent scars wouldn't be an issue either as they cen heal them instantly as shown in the show. So the man in black who turned out to be William was searching for hidden meaning in the game which turned out not to exist right? 

Yes, MiB believed that there's a secret Arnold hid in the park before he died; an extra level to the game, if you wish - and while it turned out that the Maze was just a metaphor for the path to consciousness and self-awareness for the hosts, now it turns into kind of what MiB wanted, a "game" with a completely new set of rules with self-aware hosts able to exercise free will. Season 2 should be fun :D 

30 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes, MiB believed that there's a secret Arnold hid in the park before he died; an extra level to the game, if you wish - and while it turned out that the Maze was just a metaphor for the path to consciousness and self-awareness for the hosts, now it turns into kind of what MiB wanted, a "game" with a completely new set of rules with self-aware hosts able to exercise free will. Season 2 should be fun :D 

I'd love to see the gunslinger from the film bought in. Not the original guy obviously because he's dead but his character. I think William us based on  him. I thought he was him at first

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'd love to see the gunslinger from the film bought in. Not the original guy obviously because he's dead but his character. I think William was a bit if a cameo for him. I thought he was him at first

There was actually an Easter Egg in episode 6 with Yul Brynner's Gunslinger character from the original movie! :D 

tl-horizontal_main.jpg

And yes, MiB's character is definitely based on the gunslinger.

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

There was actually an Easter Egg in episode 6 with Yul Brynner's Gunslinger character from the original movie! :D 

tl-horizontal_main.jpg

And yes, MiB's character is definitely based on the gunslinger.

Yeah u read it but missed it

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Did they really use a version of a Kanye song for that trailer? Awesome. 

Yeah apparently. I don't know a single Kanye song myself, so have no idea. 

Must also say I much preferred the first trailer for Season 2...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Well I went back and rewatched the first season and I have to say I was just as pleased as the first go through. The most interesting watch for me was Ford (Anthony Hopkins) his development and his conversations throughout the season where sensational. I cant wait for the weekend but my god I still dont know how they can match that first season.

On 3/29/2018 at 16:08, nudge said:

Season 2 Trailer is here!!! :o

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Well I went back and rewatched the first season and I have to say I was just as pleased as the first go through. The most interesting watch for me was Ford (Anthony Hopkins) his development and his conversations throughout the season where sensational. I cant wait for the weekend but my god I still dont know how they can match that first season.

Looking forward to the second season... Does it air over this weekend then?? 

• The title was changed to Westworld

Archived