talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Westworld

football forum

• Subscriber

It's interesting that the release date is on the Ides of March; wonder if that's intentional?

Here is the event timeline from the new release date teaser:

5m6pev98pia41.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=

The critical event in 2058 is most likely the hosts becoming conscious and Dolores entering the real world?

HBO's official description of Season 3 says it's “a dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the birth of a new form of life on Earth.” Add to that the viral ad for the fictional data company called Incite that the show creators have been promoting (https://inciteinc.com/), as well as the hints about the "Solomon", a system initiated in 2039 to control chaos and introduce stability around the globe (getting serious Person of Interest/Samaritan here), and it's probably safe to assume that the show will venture even deeper into the realms of sci-fi with heavy philosophical themes. 

Time to start a rewatch to get ready for Season 3...

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Looks like a major departure from the first two seasons. I think this next one and the path they start down here will be the determining factor in whether this gets "Lost" big or is largely remembered for a brilliant first season that they couldn't sustain.

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Tommy said:

It's not Mafia Wars, but I am already confused. 

Really excited about the new season though. 

A Westworld mafia wars would actually be so fitting. Give me a few months to work on it ;).

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Looks like a major departure from the first two seasons. I think this next one and the path they start down here will be the determining factor in whether this gets "Lost" big or is largely remembered for a brilliant first season that they couldn't sustain.

There's definitely the new park (WarWorld) in Season 3 too and I think it will still deal with the same or very similar topics. But I agree that it looks very different - I remember watching the first trailer of Season 3 and wondering if it's actually a trailer for Westworld :7_sweat_smile:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

For me it's a close call between Westworld S1, LOST S1, Homeland S1 and Person of Interest S3. A special mention to Heroes S1 as it was amazing television; a pity it turned into a complete unwatchable mess after that.

From those Westworld still has the highest rewatchability (is this even a word?) value, in my opinion (and the highest cerebral value, for that matter).

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, nudge said:

For me it's a close call between Westworld S1, LOST S1, Homeland S1 and Person of Interest S3. A special mention to Heroes S1 as it was amazing television; a pity it turned into a complete unwatchable mess after that.

From those Westworld still has the highest rewatchability (is this even a word?) value, in my opinion (and the highest cerebral value, for that matter).

I'd agree with most of that but Homeland's best season came much later when Saul uses Carrie to infiltrate the financial firm behind the bombing (Season 3 I believe). Its amazing the writers never got any awards for that because that was proper spy stuff and the acting was top notch. 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I'd agree with most of that but Homeland's best season came much later when Saul uses Carrie to infiltrate the financial firm behind the bombing (Season 3 I believe). Its amazing the writers never got any awards for that because that was proper spy stuff and the acting was top notch. 

I stopped watching at some point; for me the story just went downhill after Season 1. I heard it gets much better in Season 4 again but I had already given up by then haha. Maybe I should give it a go...

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, nudge said:

I stopped watching at some point; for me the story just went downhill after Season 1. I heard it gets much better in Season 4 again but I had already given up by then haha. Maybe I should give it a go...

Season 2 is definitely a downer. At one point I even contemplated stopping myself. It just picked up so much more after the whole relationship thing goes away.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Yep looks very much like it; too much to be a coincidence.

Also the kneeling host is Dolores, I take it?

Dubai Theme Park :35_thinking:

Yea, looks like it. You can see material on the legs in the colour of her blue dress. :o 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Been doing a full rewatch. Up to S2 E6.

Season one is nothing short of a television masterpiece.

Season two is a lot better than I remember. Even if the overriding story and the way they overused the time skip storytelling approach means the overall season isn't up there with the first one, the individual episodes are still generally excellent.

The show gets you asking all sorts of questions about humanity and I love it.

• The title was changed to Westworld

Archived