• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Westworld

football forum

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, nudge said:

Episode 3 :o Anyone else loved it?

Hide contents

we got a glimpse at THREE parks in a single episode - and there might be even more 

:o  loved it, and I wonder how the events will develop now with Maeve, Hector, Lee & Co. in Shogunworld - I remember seeing Maeve wearing a kimono and having a swordfight in one of the trailers, so this is going to be good, I think! Also, I wonder what's up with the lady who escaped the Raj World (together with the dead Bengal tiger, haha) and was met by the Ghost Nation warriors on the other side of the river. I think they are programmed by someone else to actually protect humans, it would explain why they can't be controled by anyone, as Stubbs was shown to be fine after running into them in season 1, and also why they wanted to take Lee from Maeve & Hector. At this point, I'd say that maybe Elsie is behind this, and we'll see her again as the season progresses. At any case, that lady looked like some sort of undercover investigator, as she was very unwilling for the hosts to get her DNA samples, and also had some sensitive information/maps of the park in her notebook. I'd expect her to play an important part this season, and I think she will actually be saved by the Ghost Nation too.

The whole Bernard storyline this season is very interesting too; it looked like he uploaded the encrypted data (or part of it before he was interrupted by the extraction team) from Abernathy into himself, and I wonder if that triggered his condition worsening and him becoming unstable again before Clementine took him out,. Charlotte also seems to know that Bernard is a host, she's acting very weirdly after they meet again. An interesting thing though, the Bernard in one of those timelines (the one where he wakes up on the beach and is picked up by the security team two weeks after the massacre at Ford's retirement party) doesn't seem to have the bullet mark on his temple, while he still does have it on the other one(s), so I think this helps with identifying the right chronological sequence of events, and I'd guess we're going to see him uploading himself (or being uploaded) into a new drone body (I think there were numerous Bernard drone bodies shown in one of the trailers too). My speculation - once Charlotte Hale and Delos folks find out that the encrypted data from Abernathy is now stored in Bernard, they'll try to recover it by putting his brain module into a new drone body (since his original one is failing), and sort of running him through the events again (that would kind of explain the time jumps, flashbacks and multiple storylines we have been seeing so far in the new season).

Dolores/Teddy dynamics are getting very interesting, too. I think it's pretty clear that Dolores has two personalities in her - the original Dolores, the rancher daughter from Sweetwater, and the other one, following the narrative of Wyatt - I'm just not sure if she's freely choosing her actions, or just following yet another, complicated script. Given that Wyatt is Teddy's ultimate nemesis, and also seeing that Teddy started questioning Dolores actions and defying her orders already (letting some of the Confederados go may be the first step into him "awakening"), I think he's going to turn against her at some point, and that will be his first truly sentient choice (similar to Maeve making her first choice by getting off that train that she was programmed to take and leave the park). Maybe that will lead to the bodies of numerous hosts (including Teddy?) floating in the new flooded area we saw in the first episode?

I'm so pumped, this show is great and the new season hasn't disappointed so far!

I loved the Start, the rest was interesting but hard to judge how good it all is until it all shakes out at the end of the season.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, 6666 said:

I enjoyed the 3rd episode more than the first 2 but there's still something missing from this season. The absence of Anthony Hopkins is very noticeable.

Agree 100%. I know they’re building to some big reveal but I wonder whether they’re entirely sure where the narrative is headed. It’s not really hitting the high notes. 

• Subscriber

I don't really understand your complaints,  the writing and acting is just brilliant, and for me, it absolutely is hitting the high notes... they are asking a lot of big questions here, they are also giving a great story that is easy enough to follow, they give you some answers and they keep you guessing, it's just perfect. Just watched Episode 4, and I think it was THE best episode of the series so far, I'm blown away. Ed Harris really stole the show here.

That repeated James Delos loop and the end of it was...just absolutely terrifying 

:o 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I liked episode 4 the most as well of this season. Top notch.

Finally, someone to talk to :D 

What do you think, who's consciousness is stored in that red ball that Bernard put into his pocket (on Ford's command) in the lab in his flashbacks???

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Finally, someone to talk to :D 

Reveal hidden contents

What do you think, who's consciousness is stored in that red ball that Bernard put into his pocket (on Ford's command) in the lab in his flashbacks???

So this is a stupid question.... but how do I get that reveal hidden contents thing? :dunce:

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

So this is a stupid question.... but how do I get that reveal hidden contents thing? :dunce:

click on it xD 

Oh nevermind, I'm stupid xD

[ spoiler ] [ / spoiler ]  without spaces in brackets

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Hide contents

I think it's either Ford or Delos after however many days from that scene where William last sees the robot version of Delos and tells him his daughter and son are dead and he's running his company.

Hmm... I personally think it's Arnold. I think it's actually him, and not Bernard, that we see waking up on the beach before being picked up by the rescue team in the first episode of this season! My reasoning: the beach Bernard doesn't have the bullet scar on his temple, he doesn't have glasses and doesn't seem to need them, he has memory issues, and he also experiences hand shaking similar to the one that Delos in a host body experienced when confronted with reality by William.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Reveal hidden contents

I think it's either Ford or Delos after however many days from that scene where William last sees the robot version of Delos and tells him his daughter and son are dead and he's running his company.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hmm... I personally think it's Arnold. I think it's actually him, and not Bernard, that we see waking up on the beach before being picked up by the rescue team in the first episode of this season! My reasoning: the beach Bernard doesn't have the bullet scar on his temple, he doesn't have glasses and doesn't seem to need them, he has memory issues, and he also experiences hand shaking similar to the one that Delos in a host body experienced when confronted with reality by William.

Seeing all this going on is like being on other side of the room and seeing this... 

Image result for 2 people whispering gifs

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

Hide contents

That's more plausible too. Especially more plausible than it being Ford, but I'm just hopeful that we just get a bit more Anthony Hopkins, even if it's just in the form of voice overs or some shite like that. But I don't think it'll be that at all really. The only reason I think it might be Delos is because a Delos that truly hates William's guts would be the ultimate villain in a game with a world of people out there who are out to kill William. Particularly the host version of Delos that's been given the information William gave him in that last scene they were together.

When you couple that with the cognitive deterioration that comes from being left however many days since they terminated him and brought him back making him more insane, and (what I assume is Ford) talking through Lawrence's "daughter" saying that William would need to "look to the past."

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Seeing all this going on is like being on other side of the room and seeing this... 

Image result for 2 people whispering gifs

DON'T READ THE SPOILERS BEFORE YOU WATCH THE EPISODE 

11 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Just about half way through episode 4 and my stream has crashed on me stating an unknown error... damn!

Will have to try again later and hope it's some sort of temporary glitch.. 

"Doesn't look like anything to me."

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah those were some pretty bad spoilers from me too, fairly unforgiveable. I'm pretty upset with myself for that.

Sorry mate.

No worries mate... As soon as I spotted it I quickly scrolled down so didn't take any of it in... nothing has been ruined :D

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Reveal hidden contents

That's more plausible too. Especially more plausible than it being Ford, but I'm just hopeful that we just get a bit more Anthony Hopkins, even if it's just in the form of voice overs or some shite like that. But I don't think it'll be that at all really. The only reason I think it might be Delos is because a Delos that truly hates William's guts would be the ultimate villain in a game with a world of people out there who are out to kill William. Particularly the host version of Delos that's been given the information William gave him in that last scene they were together.

When you couple that with the cognitive deterioration that comes from being left however many days since they terminated him and brought him back making him more insane, and (what I assume is Ford) talking through Lawrence's "daughter" saying that William would need to "look to the past."

Anthony Hopkins did voice recordings on set for this season, so I'm sure we're going to get at least some of it later in the season! 

4 hours ago, nudge said:

Hide contents

It's William. We'll have an episode where Jimmi Simpson's William will meet Ed Harris' William, and it's going to be glorious.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Tommy said:

Hide contents

It's William. We'll have an episode where Jimmi Simpson's William will meet Ed Harris' William, and it's going to be glorious.

This is a very good theory. I don't know if there is or if there will be a copy of William, but I do think that Ford's current game is meant for William to find his lost humanity. He must find the Door, go back to where he started when he chose a white hat when entering Westworld for the first time, that's why "The game begins where you end and ends where you began" and "If you are looking forward, you are looking in the wrong direction", according to Ford.

Man I love this show xD 

• The title was changed to Westworld

Archived