talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Westworld

football forum

• Subscriber

Last episode was probably the most boring so far, I found the storyline in the Shogun world a bit meh, but I loved quite a few details related to the general story and a few other things, too:

Japanese rendition of 'Paint it Black'.

Dolores becoming truly human, aka manipulative, self-serving hypocrite bitch. The old good trope of becoming what you hate, aka Nietzche's "Battle not with monsters, lest you yourself become a monster." She's turning into the show's main villain, which is quite surprising considering her role in Season 1, but now it kind of starts making sense. Her reprogramming Teddy/merging his personality with someone else's by force was just like the most evil thing she could do to him, and it's exactly the same thing that humans have been doing to the hosts in the park for years...

Maeve learning to control other hosts with her mind (I take it she learned how to use the hosts' mesh network, and that's what she calls "finding a new voice"). I reckon she'll become the show's main protagonist and the "end battle" will be between her and Dolores.

Shogun World being pretty much a copy of Sweetwater, which is clever in a few different ways - firstly, to show that everyone, including actual humans, live their lives in similar loops, whether it's due to code for hosts or collective psychology and archetypes that transcend culture for humans. Secondly, it pays homage to the old Western and old Samurai movies and similarities between them.

The fact that one third of hosts recovered from the flooded area doesn't have any data stored (and it looks like they never had) in their brain cores. Possibly meaning that there are host at large who reuploaded their actual brain cores to new bodies, and those washed up bodies with empty cores are just dummies?

And finally, Teddy's perfect naked butt. xD 

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Man its been hard not to read through all this I just got through episode 4 last night...will catch up by mid week. Episode 4 was top notch, probably the best so far. Theres just so much going on Argh Ill post back after I catch up.

• Administrator

I found the last episode superb, for me, getting back to it’s best. Last 4 episodes look so promising now. But I’m curious, Hopkins didn’t return for season 2 shooting did he? 

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Batard said:

I found the last episode superb, for me, getting back to it’s best. Last 4 episodes look so promising now. But I’m curious, Hopkins didn’t return for season 2 shooting did he? 

He did, but it was said he was on the set for voice recordings only... 

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, nudge said:

Shame but better than nothing 

• Subscriber
Just now, Batard said:

Shame but better than nothing 

That's not to say they didn't shoot a few scenes, haha... The ending of the last episode, and also he's definitely in the next one as well 

:P So probably just a few short scenes where they find themselves in "The Cradle"

8 hours ago, nudge said:

Yeah but HBO may have told him to keep things under wraps, which they've done with Game of Thrones a couple of times (like not including Benjen on the list of actors that was filmed for that season where they brought him back for a bit & of course Jon Snow). Plus we saw that ending haha

• Subscriber
On 5/29/2018 at 00:02, Batard said:

Pretty much this, keeps getting better. Now that I've finally caught up!

Ive loved Maeve's bit alot more then I thought I would. The Samurai world stuff was awesome.

• Subscriber

Timeline of major events so far in the show, provided by THE INSIDER (contains major spoilers, don't look if you're not up to date with the show!)

5b1496fe5e48ec1c008b4600-960-8210.png 

• Subscriber
On 6/4/2018 at 08:25, nudge said:

Timeline of major events so far in the show, provided by THE INSIDER (contains major spoilers, don't look if you're not up to date with the show!)

Reveal hidden contents

5b1496fe5e48ec1c008b4600-960-8210.png 

Thank you for that holy zombie jesus! 

Its been alot harder to follow all the timelines and put it all in order for me this season 

xD Man these last episodes just dont stop with the revelations I cant put this down. Im so glad this season has been as good as it has, as excited as I was I always tempered expectations a tad going in. It is also great so see Anthony Hopkins back and playing a role, I love it!

Finally up-to-date with this, and damn. So many revelation, so many time lines. I'm sure the biggest revelation and wow effect will come at the end. This is all a build up. 

And seeing Anthony Hopkins again in this role was just a joy to behold. Anything he says sounds like pure poetry. :D

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Finally up-to-date with this, and damn. So many revelation, so many time lines. I'm sure the biggest revelation and wow effect will come at the end. This is all a build up. 

Hide contents

And seeing Anthony Hopkins again in this role was just a joy to behold. Anything he says sounds like pure poetry. :D

I think the season will end with the hosts leaving the park and escaping to our world, but there has to be more than that... so yes, waiting for a mindblowing revelation and a huge cliffhanger

xD 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

This show is just something else. Another great episode and a good change of pace.

A brilliant storytelling episode, loved it... puts so many previous events into perspective, too.

This might have been the best episode of Westworld I've seen so far, and I didn't expect that after watching the teaser. It was so full of sympathy, empathy, discovery, redepemtion and also heartbreaking. What an amazing performance by Zahn McClarnon as well. 

The storytelling was so good and rich. This character has been there all the time, and we didn't know about him that much, yet he has become one of my favourites of this show in the matter of one single episode.

Fuck me, I can't get over this episode. There's so much to discuss. Someone talk to me please! :D I never thought someone could match Anthony Hopkins on this show, but Zahn McClarnon was on par in this episode. Holy moly. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Fuck me, I can't get over this episode. There's so much to discuss. Someone talk to me please! :D I never thought someone could match Anthony Hopkins on this show, but Zahn McClarnon was on par in this episode. Holy moly. 

I thought it was a terrific episode, but I thought that loads of people wouldn't appreciate it, I'm surprised how well received it has been in general!

• The title was changed to Westworld

Archived