talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Westworld

football forum

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

I loved the Ride of the Valkyries as it's always epic but other than that, I didn't see what was the point of the whole drug trip. Just a cool idea I suppose - but for me it felt a bit pointless.

Yea, it was just a cool gimmick. But when the love theme kicked in, and he made the mooneyes at Dolores, I felt it. :x xD Aaron Paul said there's a lot more to Caleb than we know so far. I think he definitely had an interesting past, and the scene where Liam looked at him through his glasses, and was shocked and kind of afraid of him was a good indication. I think Caleb was the one that killed his "army friend", and that he is now controlled by the system because he was too dangerous in the past. 

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Yea, it was just a cool gimmick. But when the love theme kicked in, and he made the mooneyes at Dolores, I felt it. :x xD Aaron Paul said there's a lot more to Caleb than we know so far. I think he definitely had an interesting past, and the scene where Liam looked at him through his glasses, and was shocked and kind of afraid of him was a good indication. I think Caleb was the one that killed his "army friend", and that he is now controlled by the system because he was too dangerous in the past. 

I hope so, because so far I personally found his character to be very meh... There must be something interesting  about him that will be revealed later on.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I hope so, because so far I personally found his character to be very meh... There must be something interesting  about him that will be revealed later on.

Yea, I think so. Just re-watching the episode and after Liam looked at him with his glasses he is taken aback and says "You think I killed your friend?". I was so hyped when I heard that Aaron Paul is going to be in this, but so far they have really underused him. 

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I've been trying to decide since Season 1 whether I think Tessa Thompson is hot or not. 

That is a no brainer to be honest. 

Absolutely loved this episode, although I am still very much confused about the greater scheme of things. 

• Subscriber

One of the things mentioned in a discussion on Reddit was how Halores lets Bernard know where to go find William. Now, I find that pretty odd considering that in the prior episode, Security-Dolores tells Bernard he has to see something and that is the exact place William is being held as well? Also, its so odd that all these Dolores clones seem to have their own agendas. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Anyone else thinks Vincent Cassel was an incredible casting choice? Very intriguing character and he plays him so damn well and charismatic. 

He makes the villainy seem justified at times and thats the sign of both a good character and a good actor. 

• Subscriber

Best quote in Season 3.

"I think humanity is a thin layer of bacteria on a ball of mud hurling through the void. I think if there was a god, he would've given up on us long ago. He gave us a paradise and we used everything up. We dug up every ounce of energy and burned it. We consume and excrete and use and destroy. Then we sit here on a neat pile of ashes, having squeezed anything of value out of this planet, and we ask ourselves, "Why are we here?" You wanna know what I think your purpose is? It's obvious. You're here, along with the rest of us, to speed the entropic death of this planet. To service the chaos."

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Best quote in Season 3.

Reveal hidden contents

"I think humanity is a thin layer of bacteria on a ball of mud hurling through the void. I think if there was a god, he would've given up on us long ago. He gave us a paradise and we used everything up. We dug up every ounce of energy and burned it. We consume and excrete and use and destroy. Then we sit here on a neat pile of ashes, having squeezed anything of value out of this planet, and we ask ourselves, "Why are we here?" You wanna know what I think your purpose is? It's obvious. You're here, along with the rest of us, to speed the entropic death of this planet. To service the chaos."

Reminded me of that Agent Smith conversation in the Matrix

I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Reminded me of that Agent Smith conversation in the Matrix

I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure.

There were quite a few parallels with Matrix in the latest episode and in Season 3 overall, I think. A rewatch is long overdue...

Just watched it, and it's fair to say I am pretty confused, but also amazed. I am conmazed. Maeve annoyed me though. She's pretty repetitive and just clings on to the past all the time. I think the writing for her character this season has been awful. Don't even get me started on Bernard. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Just watched it, and it's fair to say I am pretty confused, but also amazed. I am conmazed. Maeve annoyed me though. She's pretty repetitive and just clings on to the past all the time. I think the writing for her character this season has been awful. Don't even get me started on Bernard. 

Just watched it too. I think the writing for the whole season has been pretty poor, bar a few exceptions. In general, I find that the premise, the philosophical themes and the ideas that they attempt to explore in Season 3 are great, but the execution has sadly been very, very disappointing.

21 hours ago, nudge said:

Just watched it too. I think the writing for the whole season has been pretty poor, bar a few exceptions. In general, I find that the premise, the philosophical themes and the ideas that they attempt to explore in Season 3 are great, but the execution has sadly been very, very disappointing.

And they got an actor like Aaron Paul, and they don't even use him properly. That was one of the biggest things I was looking forward to in Season 3. And they ruined it. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

And they got an actor like Aaron Paul, and they don't even use him properly. That was one of the biggest things I was looking forward to in Season 3. And they ruined it. 

Yes, I think his character is piss poor. The "big reveal" from his past in the last episode was a joke; it was more than obvious for quite a while now and it doesn't really give his character any more depth anyway. Boring af.

It seems that they sacrificed more time on action scenes and pointless cool gimmicks like Caleb's trip on Genre instead of focusing on the main story. Hope Season 4 is better.

• The title was changed to Westworld

Archived