The better place to talk football.

Westworld

football forum

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Watched it last night; Im in agreement I think it sets up really nicely. I do miss Ford though, seeing his rotting corpse didnt help :o

Didn't you love

Ford's voice being mixed with the child host's voice when he was talking to the Man in Black?

:D Loved it. There are so many new questions though, and the first episode was definitely a bit confusing too, with numerous timelines and all. Can't wait for the season to progress.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, nudge said:

Didn't you love

Reveal hidden contents

Ford's voice being mixed with the child host's voice when he was talking to the Man in Black?

:D Loved it. There are so many new questions though, and the first episode was definitely a bit confusing too, with numerous timelines and all. Can't wait for the season to progress.

Yeah, true that was a nice little scene as well.

The numerous timelines is interesting. I think Bernard is going to be the one to follow for many reasons; he doesnt seem to think like the rest of them, the only reason he killed Teresa was because Ford made him keep in mind, same with Elsi. Bernard's core (I forget the term they used, the idea or story the character is built around) is still built around loss of a child that makes him the most human by far and I think hes got a much bigger part to play coming up here.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Hide contents

Yeah, true that was a nice little scene as well.

The numerous timelines is interesting. I think Bernard is going to be the one to follow for many reasons; he doesnt seem to think like the rest of them, the only reason he killed Teresa was because Ford made him keep in mind, same with Elsi. Bernard's core (I forget the term they used, the idea or story the character is built around) is still built around loss of a child that makes him the most human by far and I think hes got a much bigger part to play coming up here.

Bernard, after all, is pretty much "a copy" of Arnold, so I agree that he'll be a very important part of things to come. Also, I wonder what's been going on with him (side effects of getting shot in the head, most likely, haha), and if he was able to repair himself completely from the "critical corruption" at some point that we haven't been shown yet? That injection he took was probably just a temporary cure (like a sort of coolant), I'd imagine... 

I also love the differences between the allegedly "awake" hosts. Dolores doesn't look like she's got free will, to be honest, although the end of the first season kind of implied that. Maeve seems to be the only one who truly defied her programming and is making her own decisions...

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, nudge said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Bernard, after all, is pretty much "a copy" of Arnold, so I agree that he'll be a very important part of things to come. Also, I wonder what's been going on with him (side effects of getting shot in the head, most likely, haha), and if he was able to repair himself completely from the "critical corruption" at some point that we haven't been shown yet? That injection he took was probably just a temporary cure (like a sort of coolant), I'd imagine... 

I also love the differences between the allegedly "awake" hosts. Dolores doesn't look like she's got free will, to be honest, although the end of the first season kind of implied that. Maeve seems to be the only one who truly defied her programming and is making her own decisions...

Thats a good point I always seem to forget hes based around Arnold. The critical failure thing is interesting too it does sort of put out a timeline but I dont see him dieing off from something of that nature at least not yet.

Yeah Doloroes is interesting she says shes making these choices but it does almost seem like its the Wyatt program to just basically kill of everything doesnt it, Even the bit with Teddy saying why dont we just run away like they always talked about before. Ford could have had a hand in this still with her killing him.

I think that is the one clear thing Maeve is the one definitely making her own decisions but that could be more to the fact that she changed all her programming? we will see.

12 hours ago, Tommy said:

Must resist urge to unhide content. 

g600107907.gif

That was an interesting episode for sure. The only thing I hate about Westworld and GoT is that I have to wait to see what happens next, because I end up with so many unanswered questions at the end of each episode. But I know things are likely to tie themselves together a bit at the end of the season... to have a dramatic cliffhanger that wants me wanting more.

But as things stand, lots of questions and I can't wait for next week.

Finished the first episode of Season 2. Well, first of all it's great to see Evan Rachel Wood again on a weekly basis :$ but I'm also confused as fuck. Definitely a great start to the new season. Very excited for what is about to happen next. 

• Subscriber

Just watched the latest episode, loved it. Good to see a relatively straightforward episode with quite a few answers about things as well as the background story of the park, its real purpose, everyone's motivations, etc.

Also,

Ford still trolling William even after his death is fucking class

xD That scene in Pariah where all El Lazo's men standing in a circle put their guns to their heads and pulled the trigger was absolutely great... Williams reaction was golden, too - "Fuck you, Robert" xD  

Many interesting new things in this episode, anyone watched yet? Thoughts?

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Just watched the latest episode, loved it. Good to see a relatively straightforward episode with quite a few answers about things as well as the background story of the park, its real purpose, everyone's motivations, etc.

Also,

Reveal hidden contents

xD That scene in Pariah where all El Lazo's men standing in a circle put their guns to their heads and pulled the trigger was absolutely great... Williams reaction was golden, too - "Fuck you, Robert" xD  

Hoping I can later tonight... not popped up for me yet but it will... 

• Subscriber

Keeping up to date. Like last season there are a lot of things on the go to the point where some characters haven't appeared in both episode 1 and 2. Looking forward to Peter Mullan for the rest of the season  :D.

• Subscriber
On 4/30/2018 at 12:45, nudge said:

Also,

Reveal hidden contents

OH my god that was so good, I nearly spat out my drink. Yeah otherwise nothing too crazy, solid episode. Im eager for more.

• Subscriber

I caught the chat show West Word on Sky the other night. It was okay, standard background noise, but the one thing that really irked me is the perpetuation of this term "Superfan". People like Jonathan Ross coming on and talking about these shows like some sort of expert. Yet another even lazier way for celebrities to get some more exposure for no effort and the branding Superfan is mega cringe.

• Subscriber

Episode 3 :o Anyone else loved it?

we got a glimpse at THREE parks in a single episode - and there might be even more 

:o  loved it, and I wonder how the events will develop now with Maeve, Hector, Lee & Co. in Shogunworld - I remember seeing Maeve wearing a kimono and having a swordfight in one of the trailers, so this is going to be good, I think! Also, I wonder what's up with the lady who escaped the Raj World (together with the dead Bengal tiger, haha) and was met by the Ghost Nation warriors on the other side of the river. I think they are programmed by someone else to actually protect humans, it would explain why they can't be controled by anyone, as Stubbs was shown to be fine after running into them in season 1, and also why they wanted to take Lee from Maeve & Hector. At this point, I'd say that maybe Elsie is behind this, and we'll see her again as the season progresses. At any case, that lady looked like some sort of undercover investigator, as she was very unwilling for the hosts to get her DNA samples, and also had some sensitive information/maps of the park in her notebook. I'd expect her to play an important part this season, and I think she will actually be saved by the Ghost Nation too.

The whole Bernard storyline this season is very interesting too; it looked like he uploaded the encrypted data (or part of it before he was interrupted by the extraction team) from Abernathy into himself, and I wonder if that triggered his condition worsening and him becoming unstable again before Clementine took him out,. Charlotte also seems to know that Bernard is a host, she's acting very weirdly after they meet again. An interesting thing though, the Bernard in one of those timelines (the one where he wakes up on the beach and is picked up by the security team two weeks after the massacre at Ford's retirement party) doesn't seem to have the bullet mark on his temple, while he still does have it on the other one(s), so I think this helps with identifying the right chronological sequence of events, and I'd guess we're going to see him uploading himself (or being uploaded) into a new drone body (I think there were numerous Bernard drone bodies shown in one of the trailers too). My speculation - once Charlotte Hale and Delos folks find out that the encrypted data from Abernathy is now stored in Bernard, they'll try to recover it by putting his brain module into a new drone body (since his original one is failing), and sort of running him through the events again (that would kind of explain the time jumps, flashbacks and multiple storylines we have been seeing so far in the new season).

Dolores/Teddy dynamics are getting very interesting, too. I think it's pretty clear that Dolores has two personalities in her - the original Dolores, the rancher daughter from Sweetwater, and the other one, following the narrative of Wyatt - I'm just not sure if she's freely choosing her actions, or just following yet another, complicated script. Given that Wyatt is Teddy's ultimate nemesis, and also seeing that Teddy started questioning Dolores actions and defying her orders already (letting some of the Confederados go may be the first step into him "awakening"), I think he's going to turn against her at some point, and that will be his first truly sentient choice (similar to Maeve making her first choice by getting off that train that she was programmed to take and leave the park). Maybe that will lead to the bodies of numerous hosts (including Teddy?) floating in the new flooded area we saw in the first episode?

I'm so pumped, this show is great and the new season hasn't disappointed so far!

• The title was changed to Westworld

Archived