Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Matchday 3 (Group D) - Wednesday 18th October, 2017

Kick-offs 7.45pm

Barcelona vs Olympiakos
Juventus vs Sporting Lisbon

Hopefully Juventus’ crap form continues and Barça can take a convincing 3 points from Olympiakos.

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Hopefully Juventus’ crap form continues and Barça can take a convincing 3 points from Olympiakos.

Juventus' form has no bearing on Barca's game on Wednesday :ph34r: 

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

Juventus' form has no bearing on Barca's game on Wednesday :ph34r: 

Of course it has...  They can drop point while Barça can add points.  B|

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Of course it has...  They can drop point while Barça can add points.  B|

i know xD 

the way you phrased your first comment was that Juve's form has a direct cause on Barca being able to win or not

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

i know xD 

the way you phrased your first comment was that Juve's form has a direct cause on Barca being able to win or not

Oh right!...  I see that now! xD

Tory MP Douglas Ross is going to be the linesman in the Barcelona game tonight xD

what is up with Juve?

Buffon saves a shot but it cannons off Alex Sandro and trickles over the line. Big test for Juve now especiall after a poor result at the weekend. 

Suarez should have netted his chance. Well saved by the keeper but you'd expect him to bury that, even if he is off-form. 

Pique red card. Had already been booked earlier on and is adjudged to have handled the ball on the line to push it in. Definite second yellow based on replays. Silly and stupid.

The camera pans to 2 Asian fans who are jumping for joy and smiling like crazy. Yet they're wearing Barcelona tops. Fucking hell the absolute melts. 

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The Barcelona Asian fans celebrating as Pique gets sent off should have their passports confiscated. Also, the commentators are talking pure shite, slating Pique for handball when he's a yard out and the goal is wide open. What the fuck is he supposed to do?! English punditry on its arse again.

it was pretty stupid from Pique though xD

He nudged his arm towards the ball to get it over the line. 

Piqué got caught and others haven't...  Unfortunately he deserves his second yellow which means back into the dressing room.

But then you have Messi! ;)

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Are you telling me that with an open goal and standing a yard from the line you wouldn't do the same? Anyone who says they wouldn't obviously hasn't played competitive football. 

I'm not defending the decision, it's a yellow card but anyone that bashed Pique for what he has done doesn't understand competitive sport.

but if you do it, you risk getting booked and sent off?

Not sure what you're saying - you'd have done it but you don't defend the decision? That doesn't make sense to me. 

Just now, Cannabis said:

Saw the first half but I'm missing the second as I'm at football, how's the game @SirBalon? Radio says it's still 1-0...

Barcelona have been all over Olympiakos and it's only been crap finishing why this isn't going towards a cricket score...

But Lucas Digne scores now to make it 3-0 with 10 men after magic from Messi.

lol nah, his instinct is to score, of course. but he made the wrong decision in doing so. My gripe was that he can't expect to get away with it and judging by his reaction, that's what he tried. 

Just now, Cannabis said:

Top stuff, thanks mate! Good to see Digne on the score sheet who as he seems to have fallen into the Camp Nou abyss since arriving from France.

Yeah...  Alba got injured in training yesterday and now it's Digne who's taken the mantel.  Looks like the three points are safe now and qualification. B|

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

So he's supposed to applaud the referee, shake his hand and walk off? xD Of course he's going to plead innocence. 

nevermind xD

Coentrão goes off injured for Sporting Lisbon...  What's new! o.O

1-1 right now between Juventus and Sporting Lisbon.

Mandžukić puts Juve 2-1 up while Messi continues to have so many chances he could've scored 10 himself today.

Nikolaou scores a wonderful header for Olympiakos to make it 3-1

FC BARCELONA 3-1 OLYMPIAKOS FC (FT)

Wonderful footballing performance from Barça and even with 10 men they looked like they were up for scoring goals.  Only crap finishing stopped this from being ridiculous and then came the consolation goal from Nikolaou which was a wonderful headed goal to give a final score of 3-1.  Juventus won in the final minutes against Sporting Lisbon, but right now Barcelona look to be in total control of this group.  Oh....  Messi scored his 100th goal in Europe.

Edited by SirBalon

37 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Messi's 100th Champions League goal.

100 in Europe. 97 in CL. 

32 minutes ago, HK85 said:

100 in Europe. 97 in CL. 

Yep!  97 in Champions League...  Was listening to the commentator saying in Europe and I automatically thought that meant Champions League.

9 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Yep!  97 in Champions League...  Was listening to the commentator saying in Europe and I automatically thought that meant Champions League.

Ronaldo has over 100, another reason why he is better :ph34r:

24 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Ronaldo has over 100, another reason why he is better :ph34r:

I know! :o:x