talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton reject Zidane in favour of Marco Silva

football forum

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

The problem any new manager has is he’s going to have to absolutely gut the whole squad and start again. Maybe 3 or 4 players at a push are good enough, but that’s it. It could take 3 or 4 transfer windows to sort that mess out and by that time they will probably have been sacked anyway as Moshiri seems a little trigger happy.

All of that which you have just written is why I said the appointment of Allardyce was a retarded one.  What was the logical reasoning behind it all apart from causing a backward movement for the club.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Allardyce Sacked; Silva Tipped to Take Over
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

All of that which you have just written is why I said the appointment of Allardyce was a retarded one.  What was the logical reasoning behind it all apart from causing a backward movement for the club.

The point was probably the owners shitting themselves about relegation and Sam being the only manager available at the time that is proven at guiding a club to safety. 

What is more baffling to me is why Everton want a manager to replace him who has been in the country 3 years, relegating 2 teams In the process? xD

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

The point was probably the owners shitting themselves about relegation and Sam being the only manager available at the time that is proven at guiding a club to safety. 

What is more baffling to me is why Everton want a manager to replace him who has been in the country 3 years, relegating 2 teams In the process? xD

Well, at Arsenal (board level) only Ivan Gazidis knows football, or better said, has a football background at board level so as to make better decisions. I'm not sure sure how the structure on decision making is made up at Everton Football Club, but based on the decisions made in recent times especially with the Allardyce appointment which under a possible threat of relegation even a 6 year old football fan could've cited his name...  Tell me where we have proof that knowledgable decisions can be trusted?

• Subscriber

Which two teams did Silva relegate? Only Hull as far as I know who were already bottom or near enough when he took over. 

I'm no fan of the bloke as I've stated, but let's, just for once, try and get our facts straight before we wet ourselves with excitement over made up statistics.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Which two teams did Silva relegate? Only Hull as far as I know who were already bottom or near enough when he took over. 

I'm no fan of the bloke as I've stated, but let's, just for once, try and get our facts straight before we wet ourselves with excitement over made up statistics.

Being honest on your situation and what you think your club requires, what coach would you wish to see employed for Everton?

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Being honest on your situation and what you think your club requires, what coach would you wish to see employed for Everton?

I don't know. I don't care at the moment. Anyone is better than what we've sat through the last six months but the entire club has been such a disappointment over the last 12 months that at the moment I have much better things to be arsed about until they show the fans they're willing to make big changes at the club and push on instead of accepting the mediocrity which I've watched my entire life from Everton. Talking about it isnt enough and nor is sacking the manager who wasn't the solution by any means but also didn't get us into the mess in the first place. But it is a start.

10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't know. I don't care at the moment. Anyone is better than what we've sat through the last six months but the entire club has been such a disappointment over the last 12 months that at the moment I have much better things to be arsed about until they show the fans they're willing to make big changes at the club and push on instead of accepting the mediocrity which I've watched my entire life from Everton. Talking about it isnt enough and nor is sacking the manager who wasn't the solution by any means but also didn't get us into the mess in the first place. But it is a start.

I get your how your dissolution and all that, but I his is a football debating forum mate and whatever you or any Everton fan thinks on this is something worth reading and debating. Criticising other people's points of view on not getting facts correct (remember they know less about your club than an actual Everton fan) and then saying that you don't even want to begin to speculate and look into how you would like to see the way forward, then I don't get it.

For example... A gettable coach for you guys in my view and one with pedigree in getting big expectations from clubs in similar situations as yours is Unai Emery.  That would be a step in the right direction in my view.

@Cannabis

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I get your how your dissolution and all that, but I his is a football debating forum mate and whatever you or any Everton fan thinks on this is something worth reading and debating. Criticising other people's points of view on not getting facts correct (remember they know less about your club than an actual Everton fan) and then saying that you don't even want to begin to speculate and look into how you would like to see the way forward, then I don't get it.

For example... A gettable coach for you guys in my view and one with pedigree in getting big expectations from clubs in similar situations as yours is Unai Emery.  That would be a step in the right direction in my view.

I'll criticise who I want. Claiming that Marco Silva relegated two clubs when he relegated one (debatably) has nothing to do with knowing more or less about Everton, but it is a case of the usual suspects coming out with (probably willfully) incorrect comments because their agenda of laughing at Everton (in this instance, on other occasions it is other clubs, often Mourinho/Man Utd) is more important to them than having a debate based on facts. 

It would be weird if fans of other clubs didn't have a dig at their rivals occasionally but you need to look at @Dr. Gonzo who has a pop but then actually offers something of substance relevant to the topic. It's sadly becoming a rarity on here some days to read that type of posting where many members prefer to post repetitive memes and Peru jokes and get 5 upvotes which just encourages it more. Humour obviously has it's place too but this forum is good for the quality posting to go with it which seems to be getting increasingly diluted. 

I've gone off on a massive tangent though. My stance on the manager is that I had high hopes for Martinez, Koeman, Unsworth, even Allardyce after his decent start, but they all turned out to be bollocks. We've been down the Silva route before (Martinez), we've been down the successful European manager route (Koeman), the club hero (Unsworth) and the pragmatist (Allardyce). None of it worked, so I don't know what the solution is. A big name like Emery seems unlikely at the moment. Don't see why anyone would want to take a risk on us.

I can understand it in some ways. Allardyce has something like 6th most points in the league after his arrival which is no mean feat. However just like Mourinho, it’s such a an absolute abomination to watch that as a fan, you’re left wanting your eyes to stop bleeding. 

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I've gone off on a massive tangent though. My stance on the manager is that I had high hopes for Martinez, Koeman, Unsworth, even Allardyce after his decent start, but they all turned out to be bollocks. We've been down the Silva route before (Martinez), we've been down the successful European manager route (Koeman), the club hero (Unsworth) and the pragmatist (Allardyce). None of it worked, so I don't know what the solution is. A big name like Emery seems unlikely at the moment. Don't see why anyone would want to take a risk on us.

Weirdly I think 2 of the best men for the job are ex-LFC managers. Rafa and Rodgers.

I hope Rafa never goes to Everton because your lot hate him and I fucking love him. But he's a pragmatic manager that also had us playing good football, and while his transfer policies were flawed (though never under ideal circumstances) he built a pretty decent side for us with a similar financial situation to where I think you are now. Which is better off than almost every club in the country, except those at the very top.

But I like Newcastle (despite Mike Ashley) and love Rafa, so fuck that ever happening. But Everton's current ambitions are more in line with Rafa's than Newcastle I think.

And then Rodgers, I wouldn't mind him going to Everton because I think he's a fucking dickhead. But he's a good manager who's ambitious and has a good philosophy about how the game should be played. He's just not truly a top manager, he's got a lot of learning to do in terms of tactical flexibility and organisation if he wants to challenge for the top 4/titles in England. We couldn't really afford him the time to learn. But Everton might be able to. He'd certainly be learning more management skills than walking the league with Scotland. But I suppose it's a much higher stress job.

I hope the Everton board move slowly and can't land any of their top targets and Everton get the perfect manager:

P A R D E W

9 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

For a club who have openly talked about ambition in the past and spent a large amount last summer, in January and I presume this summer too, sacking Allardyce and replacing him with a fraud who was sacked by Watford and Hull is a terrible move, IMO. 

No, he wasn't.

I've already spoken about Silva, there's a hell of a lot of ignorance about him. Silva improved Hull immeasurably, even to register a win with arguably the worst squad in terms of numbers, talent and preparation to ever appear in the top flight, was impressive. To get ll within distance of staying up was a superb achievement, even if we ultimately fell short. The only real blot on his copybook is Watford, and even there he started brilliantly and ys was the interference with Everton which seemed to trigger a collapse in fortunes. The whole thing seems ridiculous that it wasn't resolved in November when Everton wanted Silva originally.

He does seem to be a fickle fella, upwardly mobile so if he were to be a success with Everton I wouldn't expect him to stick around if others come calling. Everton is a tough job at the moment, they have a lot of potential and that potential goes two ways. They could really buckle down, get a manager who can build something, build the stadium and look at challenging that top 6. Likewise they could end up with another manager waving goodbye midseason, slip further down into mediocrity and stall on the stadium; then be faced with a Villa type situation if they're not careful. 

That Hull team that’s silva had was beyond awful. I agree that it was possibly the worst ever prem team and the preparation was even worse, they had about 10 senior players at pre season

The only blot on Silva's career was towards the end of his Watford reign. He had them playing some great stuff in the first half of the season, won plenty of points. He got his head turned by Everton big time, and as a result he was quite unprofessional and lost focus on the Watford job. That's the only thing I'd be worried about if I were Everton, that if somebody better comes calling he might down tools and get his way out somehow. 

Then again, if a bigger club does come in, it'll be a result of good work being done so I suppose that balances it a bit. 

As said in the Pellegrini to West Ham thread... he'd be perfect for the ambition that Moshiri claims. Proven winner, had success at clubs all over the spectrum of prestige in the world of football and even at clubs where the won wasn't silverware wasn't impressive... like his Villareal side. That was a great Villareal side. He's built good sides at big clubs and sides that aren't that big, got experience in England, his sides play football that are good to watch.

He could actually make Everton into something pretty decent I think. That could make the Merseyside derby a lot more heated (and consequential) in seasons to come.

Not a knock on Silva, but just between the two... I think Pellegrini's the better pick. Pellegrini is someone with a proven pedigree, I would trust him to totally revamp a side within a few seasons and have it being one of the tougher teams in the league to go up against.

I actually don't like the sound of Everton being good. So good luck to West Ham, I hope they get him. But I think Everton's got a better squad on paper and probably has better resources for the transfer market in years to come.... so it'd probably be easier for him in the long term and the short term.

7 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

If you get Silva, then congratulations to Andre Carrillo who has joined Everton.

Premier League record at Hull:

Won 6

Drew 

Lost 9 

Goals For 20 

Goals Against 36

Record vs Teams who finished in the top ten in 2016/17 - Won 2 Drew Lost 5

Silva Premier League record at Watford:

Won 7

Drew 5

Lost 12

Goals For 33

Goals Against 44

Record vs Teams who finished in the top ten in 2017/18 - Won Drew Lost 7

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12 hours ago, Danny said:

Don't know what good the complaint will do but at least they're trying lol.

I believe the Premier League have the power to force Everton to be managed by David Unsworth during a manager embargo.

Everton were 18th when allardyce took over.  They finished 8th. I've always liked Everton but I hope they get relegated next season

• Subscriber

I do rate Silva and he was one of my choices for us if we did sack Puel (which I'm starting to think we won't). My worry is there are some definite Martinez similarities to him.

Think with a better squad he'd do well. He's got something about him for sure.

Deary me. Everton are chasing a no-mark Portuguese failure instead of retaining the man who led the side to a finish well-befitting of their stature, particularly after such a miserable start.

Newcastle United, West Ham United, Blackburn Rovers. All had fanbases that pretty much hounded Allardyce out of the club for playing 'boring' football that wasn't the '[x club] way'. And yet all, after booting him out of the club for his style, each stagnated or even regressed, even with such mesmerising, swashbuckling managerial appointments as Steve Kean, Henning Berg, Owen Coyle, David Moyes, Alan Pardew, Joe Kinnear(!) Only Bilic sticks in the memory as an improvement, and even then, that lasted about 12 months before the wheels came off.

With Everton living by the mythical 'School of Science' mantra, it was inevitable that Allardyce's position would only ever be temporary. Come on - he was parachuted in by lesser lights in Palace and Sunderland who haven't got pretty, made up philosophies, so surely, for a club that has had such, erm, success(?), replacing him with a foreign tactician with no PL pedigree is far more fitting! Great! And yet, even with the 21st Century business-world's obsession with 'continuous improvement', as the aforementioned clubs learned - you don't replace Sam Allardyce and expect to improve any time soon.

I hope I'm wrong as I quite like Everton, but if they go for some chancer like Silva, they'll fail, and a 'boring' 8th place finish will be but a memory.

-------

-Everton bin off the saviour of their season

-Bolton secure Championship survival

-There are developing rumours of Saudi investment at BL6

All the pieces are in place for the return of the King...

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Everton were 18th when allardyce took over.  They finished 8th. I've always liked Everton but I hope they get relegated next season

18th 😂😂 keep the made up statistics coming folks.

10 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

Deary me. Everton are chasing a no-mark Portuguese failure instead of retaining the man who led the side to a finish well-befitting of their stature, particularly after such a miserable start.

Newcastle United, West Ham United, Blackburn Rovers. All had fanbases that pretty much hounded Allardyce out of the club for playing 'boring' football that wasn't the '[x club] way'. And yet all, after booting him out of the club for his style, each stagnated or even regressed, even with such mesmerising, swashbuckling managerial appointments as Steve Kean, Henning Berg, Owen Coyle, David Moyes, Alan Pardew, Joe Kinnear(!) Only Bilic sticks in the memory as an improvement, and even then, that lasted about 12 months before the wheels came off.

With Everton living by the mythical 'School of Science' mantra, it was inevitable that Allardyce's position would only ever be temporary. Come on - he was parachuted in by lesser lights in Palace and Sunderland who haven't got pretty, made up philosophies, so surely, for a club that has had such, erm, success(?), replacing him with a foreign tactician with no PL pedigree is far more fitting! Great! And yet, even with the 21st Century business-world's obsession with 'continuous improvement', as the aforementioned clubs learned - you don't replace Sam Allardyce and expect to improve any time soon.

I hope I'm wrong as I quite like Everton, but if they go for some chancer like Silva, they'll fail, and a 'boring' 8th place finish will be but a memory.

-------

-Everton bin off the saviour of their season

-Bolton secure Championship survival

-There are developing rumours of Saudi investment at BL6

All the pieces are in place for the return of the King...

Either a very unfunny WUM or the biggest load of tripe I've ever seen from one of the best posters on this forum over the years.

Archived