talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton reject Zidane in favour of Marco Silva

football forum

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's been shocking. Can't see you winning today either.

It's all well and good saying they need a striker, but the football they're playing and his tactics are fucking shocking. For that team to go out in the group stage of the EL is shocking.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Yep. Rumour has it the board are already speaking with potential replacements, its just a case of getting one of them to accept I think.

also, just seen this tweet after posting the above.

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Surely there's more to this than just Koeman? Who were behind the transfers that decided to back so much money on Sigurdsson and none on a striker?

I feel this is one of them forum jokes now. 

22 minutes ago, Toony said:

He's been shocking. Can't see you winning today either.

It's all well and good saying they need a striker, but the football they're playing and his tactics are fucking shocking. For that team to go out in the group stage of the EL is shocking.

Shocking. 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Jim White is very good friends with our owner, Farhad Moshiri. I'd take anything Jim says pretty seriously.

that's what Koeman is saying though! 

I do feel for Ronald. Hes shown to be a good Manager. He's had to rebuild a team without his best two attacking outlets of last season and is taking the fall because of incompetentebce of others to invest in areas they need. Hopefully he goes to Holland after this and sorts out their cluster fuck of a national squad. 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I do feel for Ronald. Hes shown to be a good Manager. He's had to rebuild a team without his best two attacking outlets of last season and is taking the fall because of incompetentebce of others to invest in areas they need. Hopefully he goes to Holland after this and sorts out their cluster fuck of a national squad. 

His two best attacking outlets Lukaku, who we've known since last summer would leave this year, and Barkley, a boyhood Evertonian who wants to leave the club instead of making himself an Everton legend largely because of Koemans awful man management which has also been evident in him falling out with Mirallas, ostracising Niasse unnecessarily and reportedly now has Lookman thinking of greener pastures.

Koemans hard line man management has been praised by many Evertonians including myself and the others on this forum but it only works when it has an impact on the players. If things are going well and the players believe in what he's doing then him being a hard task master comes across as him having high standards. When things aren't going well and he's giving the players grief for not being up to scratch I imagine that it comes across as arrogant and as a refusal for Koeman to take responsibility for poor results.

David Moyes sounds far more realistic over Carlo, however, after allowing the present manager to spend all that money on his vision of Everton on pitch I would have thought he would get till Christmas with a view of assessing where they are with that window re-opening so he can again attempt to recover the goals he sold to United.

I guess the bottom line is how patient the Everton fans are.

57 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

David Moyes sounds far more realistic over Carlo, however, after allowing the present manager to spend all that money on his vision of Everton on pitch I would have thought he would get till Christmas with a view of assessing where they are with that window re-opening so he can again attempt to recover the goals he sold to United.

I guess the bottom line is how patient the Everton fans are.

The thing is with or without Koeman they'll get out this for comfortably. I don't see the point of sacking somebody for the sake of it when David Moyes (who may not even be wanted by Scotland) is being  talked by ourselves because the pool of available managers at the moment is so week.

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Any O'Brien said:

That's when you know things are bad when "dour Dave" as the mackems called him, is the answer.

He isn't the answer, only better than Koeman which isn't saying much if anything.

28 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

The thing is with or without Koeman they'll get out this for comfortably. I don't see the point of sacking somebody for the sake of it when David Moyes (who may not even be wanted by Scotland) is being  talked by ourselves because the pool of available managers at the moment is so week.

Sacking Koeman for the sake of it? We were poor at the end of last season when 7th was in the bag and we knew it was a Europa spot. Let's look at our results this season:

Ruzemberok H 1-0, Right result but disappointing performance and scoreline.

Ruzemberok A 1-0, Right result, understandable low score away in Eastern Europe.

Stoke H 1-0, Right result, poor performance.

Hajduk Split H 2-0, Best performance this season, could have won by more.

Man City A 1-1, Good result, but against ten men probably should have held on to win. Maybe being harsh given City's other results.

Hajduk Split A 1-1, Didn't see this game but wasn't a great performance by all accounts, job done, through in Europe safely.

Chelsea A 0-2, Understandable result and scoreline after a long haul Thursday trip but an abysmal performance with no shots on target. Could be accepted as a one off.

Tottenham H 0-3, Disgraceful result at home, awful performance and embarrassing scoreline.

Atalanta A 0-3, Disgrace.

Man Utd A 0-4, Disgrace.

Sunderland H 3-0, Good result in the Cup.

AFC Bournemouth H 2-1, shite performance rescued by Niasse.

Apollon Limassol H 2-2, a team from Cyprus who didn't even win that league last season peg us back with 10 men in a game we should be winning 5-0. Disgrace.

Burnley H, 0-1, Disgrace.

Brighton A, 1-1, Another loss if not for a last minute equalised from a penalty. Not far from another disgrace.

Lyon H 1-2, The only thing better about this result was the fact that it's a better team that turned us over at home.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

He isn't the answer, only better than Koeman which isn't saying much if anything.

Sacking Koeman for the sake of it? We were poor at the end of last season when 7th was in the bag and we knew it was a Europa spot. Let's look at our results this season:

Ruzemberok H 1-0, Right result but disappointing performance and scoreline.

Ruzemberok A 1-0, Right result, understandable low score away in Eastern Europe.

Stoke H 1-0, Right result, poor performance.

Hajduk Split H 2-0, Best performance this season, could have won by more.

Man City A 1-1, Good result, but against ten men probably should have held on to win. Maybe being harsh given City's other results.

Hajduk Split A 1-1, Didn't see this game but wasn't a great performance by all accounts, job done, through in Europe safely.

Chelsea A 0-2, Understandable result and scoreline after a long haul Thursday trip but an abysmal performance with no shots on target. Could be accepted as a one off.

Tottenham H 0-3, Disgraceful result at home, awful performance and embarrassing scoreline.

Atalanta A 0-3, Disgrace.

Man Utd A 0-4, Disgrace.

Sunderland H 3-0, Good result in the Cup.

AFC Bournemouth H 2-1, shite performance rescued by Niasse.

Apollon Limassol H 2-2, a team from Cyprus who didn't even win that league last season peg us back with 10 men in a game we should be winning 5-0. Disgrace.

Burnley H, 0-1, Disgrace.

Brighton A, 1-1, Another loss if not for a last minute equalised from a penalty. Not far from another disgrace.

Lyon H 1-2, The only thing better about this result was the fact that it's a better team that turned us over at home.

Those results don't change the simple fact you should easily get yourself out this predicament. You've got some very good teams out the way already. Given how poor the pool of realistic appointments are out there sacking Koeman now seems a little bit of a pointless exercise.

Well they've got 5 of the top 6 out of the way. If he's not sacked today the manner of the performance against Leicester is massive.

We all know tapping up happens in football. I'd be surprised if conversations between third parties aren't happening with the ilk of Tuchel, Favre, Ancelotti etc.

I think Everton will get over this hump with or without Koeman but the board cannot put up with much more of the performances like that.

Just watched the post match interview. I really feel for the guy. Koeman is hurting so badly and Everton are in a position that he nor anyone expected.

The players need to take massive blame for this because we're not seeing what they are truly capable of, but Koeman will be the fall guy because it's the easiest way out. You can say tactically they aren't doing this right or that, but tactics aside, that shouldn't stop a player when he's on the pitch from working his bollocks off for the team and trying everything they can to get a result and can you hand on heart see any players doing that? Not really. It's all very lucklustre, no fight or passion.

I've stood up for Koeman the last few weeks since Burnley. I've said on here he deserves more time. As an outsider, I feel Everton should stand by him when times are tough like this because I believe he could turn them around. Much like he did at Southampton. He badly needs a result and it could all turn around again.

But, I sympathise with Everton fans because if Leeds were in this situation, currently in the relegation zone and not performing well, I'd be getting itchy feet too and wanting change.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Just watched the post match interview. I really feel for the guy. Koeman is hurting so badly and Everton are in a position that he nor anyone expected.

The players need to take massive blame for this because we're not seeing what they are truly capable of, but Koeman will be the fall guy because it's the easiest way out. You can say tactically they aren't doing this right or that, but tactics aside, that shouldn't stop a player when he's on the pitch from working his bollocks off for the team and trying everything they can to get a result and can you hand on heart see any players doing that? Not really. It's all very lucklustre, no fight or passion.

I've stood up for Koeman the last few weeks since Burnley. I've said on here he deserves more time. As an outsider, I feel Everton should stand by him when times are tough like this because I believe he could turn them around. Much like he did at Southampton. He badly needs a result and it could all turn around again.

But, I sympathise with Everton fans because if Leeds were in this situation, currently in the relegation zone and not performing well, I'd be getting itchy feet too and wanting change.

The players have been working their bollocks off to be fair to them, I was critical when some of them downed tools towards the end of Martinez reign. Only today at the end did they look a bit bereft at times. Bigger problem with the players on the pitch now is that they have no confidence, they don't seem to know what their jobs are or where to find each other on the pitch, and they look scared of taking risks. 

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

The players have been working their bollocks off to be fair to them, I was critical when some of them downed tools towards the end of Martinez reign. Only today at the end did they look a bit bereft at times. Bigger problem with the players on the pitch now is that they have no confidence, they don't seem to know what their jobs are or where to find each other on the pitch, and they look scared of taking risks. 

I agree on the confidence issue. When you are in a run like this, everything goes against you and your head just drops because you think 'Here we go again'.

Right now, this is where the big characters in the side are important and should be geeing the rest of the team up, or at least leading by example on the pitch to inspire their performance but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Sometimes it's amazing what a bit of luck does. You just need a result to really kickstart that confidence and morale again but the obvious question is how long you can afford to wait for that?

I just feel for Koeman because I think he did a good job last year and I fully expected him to continue that this year.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I agree on the confidence issue. When you are in a run like this, everything goes against you and your head just drops because you think 'Here we go again'.

Right now, this is where the big characters in the side are important and should be geeing the rest of the team up, or at least leading by example on the pitch to inspire their performance but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Sometimes it's amazing what a bit of luck does. You just need a result to really kickstart that confidence and morale again but the obvious question is how long you can afford to wait for that?

I just feel for Koeman because I think he did a good job last year and I fully expected him to continue that this year.

We got a bit of luck today. At home against Arsenal who are supposed to be just a couple of league positions better than us, so should be an even game with home advantage. They were all over us early on, but our luck came in the form of Xhaka gifting us a chance and the lead. Still, we completely failed to build on that and were still outclassed and outfought (by fucking Arsenal for fucks sake). Arsenal should have already been ahead by half time given that we allowed them to have 17 shots at goal.

3 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

On the whole I am in agreement with you, but I fully respect, in this case RandoEFC opinion as its his club.

Today, while I wasnt paying full attention to the game and only joined it after the Norwich Ipswich game had ended, you have to question the guys performance who got sent off.  The club needed a far more professional performance & while the camera concentrated on the manager as the player walked off, I was watching the staff behind him who looked livid.

Earlier I said I guess it depends on how patient the Everton fans who turn up to each home are, but I would like to add a question to those who frequent this board. 

Has he lost the players never to return?

• The title was changed to Allardyce Sacked; Silva Tipped to Take Over

Archived