• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

I really hope it’s Van Gaal. 

Another over the hill dinosaur 🦕 

xD

Who has won more trophies than 2019 league champions Liverpool in England in the last 8 years or so which isn't bad considering he was only managing over here for a couple of those years.:coffee:

A side of me thinks they want to be a top six club and Allardyce has shown enough to suggest he could potentially deliver that.

The other side of me thinks the man would leave Everton without thinking twice if he had the opportunity. So let them go for a more enticing brand of football.

10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I'm more in the Silva camp and think he may do well. What are his strengths from watching him manage Hull?

When I say his main strength is 'organisation' you're probably going to have negative connotations because you think of Allardyce et al but he was fantastic at getting us playing on the front foot with a defined role for each player. He's no Klopp in terms of his mindset but neither is he a mourinho, brought a real belief to what was a piss poor squad.

There was a clear gap between our home form and away form, where he tended to be more conservative and it is something he'll need to improve at with Everton. Then again he will have better players to play with. He made an impression very quickly with us.

For a club who have openly talked about ambition in the past and spent a large amount last summer, in January and I presume this summer too, sacking Allardyce and replacing him with a fraud who was sacked by Watford and Hull is a terrible move, IMO. 

Why he was employed by a club like Everton is beyond me. What's way to just stagnate things instead of looking to advance... I don't think there was ever any danger of going down for the club which makes the whole appointment even more absurd.

Anyway... Hopefully Everton fans can see someone well thought out in what's needed for the club to move forward once again.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Why he was employed by a club like Everton is beyond me. What's way to just stagnate things instead of looking to advance... I don't think there was ever any danger of going down for the club which makes the whole appointment even more absurd.

Anyway... Hopefully Everton fans can see someone well thought out in what's needed for the club to move forward once again.

You don’t see twice relegated Marco Silva as well thought out? o.O

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

You don’t see twice relegated Marco Silva as well thought out? o.O

Haha Obviously not!

There is no reason why Everton can't get a progressive coach due to the direction the club are going as a brand though.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Haha Obviously not!

There is no reason why Everton can't get a progressive coach due to the direction the club are going as a brand though.

The problem any new manager has is he’s going to have to absolutely gut the whole squad and start again. Maybe 3 or 4 players at a push are good enough, but that’s it. It could take 3 or 4 transfer windows to sort that mess out and by that time they will probably have been sacked anyway as Moshiri seems a little trigger happy.

• The title was changed to Allardyce Sacked; Silva Tipped to Take Over

Archived