talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton reject Zidane in favour of Marco Silva

football forum

It's written for someone like Sean Dyche.

Everton seem to work better as a team that plays more direct and loves a dogfight, Dyche is the kind of person that would suit that mould. He seems quite down to earth, honest and creates a good spirit amongst the team as he has done at Burnley.

Everton fans won't be inspired by Dyche being touted for the job because he's coming from little old Burnley but right now, I don't really know how good a calibre of manager they are really going to get. For example, I would be very surprised if Carlo Anchelotti or Thomas Tuchel went there, very surprised.

After that, you are linked with names such as David Moyes, Sam Allardyce, Chris Coleman, David Unsworth, Eddie Howe etc. When you look at that group, it doesn't make Dyche seem such a bad choice to me. Maybe he will excel on a bigger platform too, you certainly have to say he's done as good a job as possible with Burnley so far.

Eddie Howe is arguably the best choice IMO but I'm not sure if he fits Everton personally. Right now, they need a really good motivator, someone who is going to go in there, get everyone rolling their sleeves up and pulling together in the right direction for the club. From that perspective, Dyche is not a bad shout at all.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Dyche is clearly the best of the non-glamorous names but like someone else said an appointment like that is a total acceptance of mediocrity.

Unsworth might be unproven but he deserves a chance as someone who knows the club, one of the men responsible for the impressive development of players like Davies, Kenny, Calvert-Lewin and the man who led the under 23s to the title.

6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Dyche is clearly the best of the non-glamorous names but like someone else said an appointment like that is a total acceptance of mediocrity.

Unsworth might be unproven but he deserves a chance as someone who knows the club, one of the men responsible for the impressive development of players like Davies, Kenny, Calvert-Lewin and the man who led the under 23s to the title.

I think it is unfair to say dyche would be a sign of mediocrity. He has done a fantastic job at burnley. I don't personally think a big name like mourinho could do better. I think attitudes like that is why good managers don't get chances at top clubs

• Subscriber

Odds been bouncing around all evening. Dyche generally favourite with Moyes ahead of Ancelotti and Unsworth by a nose. Allardyce has drifted and been replaced in the top five by Marco Silva but given that he had never managed in England this time last year it's hard to see him being on his third Premier League club by Christmas.

Conclusion: complete guesswork at this stage.

• Subscriber

What has Giggs been doing the last 12 months anyway? Definitely needs to take a lower job. Premier League clubs learn slowly but employing unproven ex players just because of their name has led to disaster more than once, so I don't see Giggs getting a sniff in the top flight until he's managed lower down first.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

What has Giggs been doing the last 12 months anyway? Definitely needs to take a lower job. Premier League clubs learn slowly but employing unproven ex players just because of their name has led to disaster more than once, so I don't see Giggs getting a sniff in the top flight until he's managed lower down first.

He's been a pundit for England games, giving advice on how to qualify for tournaments xD

7 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think it is unfair to say dyche would be a sign of mediocrity. He has done a fantastic job at burnley. I don't personally think a big name like mourinho could do better. I think attitudes like that is why good managers don't get chances at top clubs

Good post. Definitely no reason why Dyche wouldn't be a more than suitable candidate but the fact he's coming from little old Burnley will put a lot of Everton fans off. Kind of got to look beyond that really, especially given the current predicament.

• Administrator

Phil Neville wants it xD. Slightly more experience than Giggs but another who thinks he can just walk in to a Premier League job. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41733364

Phil Neville is interested in the vacant managerial position at his former club Everton, BBC Sport understands.

The Merseyside club sacked Ronald Koeman on Monday after their loss at Arsenal left them in the Premier League relegation zone.

Ex-England international Neville, 40, made more than 250 appearances for Everton in eight years at the club.

He was previously assistant manager at La Liga side Valencia.

Neville also acted as first-team coach at Manchester United in 2013 alongside David Moyes and Ryan Giggs.

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

TBh some of these names linked with the Everton job are quite frankly embarrassing, I thought this is a club trying to go places. 

just because names are linked with the club though doesn't mean the club are actively pursuing them?

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

just because names are linked with the club though doesn't mean the club are actively pursuing them?

Yea but some clubs do go sometimes with the same kind of circle of managers, just to have some kind of safety net,  like Palace with Hodgson. 

8 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Yea but some clubs do go sometimes with the same kind of circle of managers, just to have some kind of safety net,  like Palace with Hodgson. 

Which has nothing to do with us. 

3 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Like I said wait and see who Everton appoint, I really wouldn't be surprised if you went in for Big Sam. 

I'd take him, miles better than that big Dutch dope we've just got rid of. And his little idiot brother. 

Loving the Southampton comment, continuous top 10 finishes and last season was the first season they didn't improve on their previous league position but still managed a cup final.

I think if Everton were to employ Dyche they'll go down the same road as they did with Moyes which is roughly where they have been the last couple of seasons. They could have done with someone like Silva at Watford but in fairness Koeman done well at Southampton and I don't think many people were calling it a bad appointment.

25 minutes ago, HK85 said:

I'd take him, miles better than that big Dutch dope we've just got rid of. And his little idiot brother. 

It would be a terrible appointment. 

There need to be some realism, Tuchel and Ancelotti are surely not likely at all, the job will be a difficult one and managers vaunted by bigger clubs are not going to take the risk. Dyche is more promising than Allrdyce, younger and not as tied to a style of play. I’d still be looking abroad.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

It would be a terrible appointment. 

There need to be some realism, Tuchel and Ancelotti are surely not likely at all, the job will be a difficult one and managers vaunted by bigger clubs are not going to take the risk. Dyche is more promising than Allrdyce, younger and not as tied to a style of play. I’d still be looking abroad.

It was a joke, I wanted to get a Dutch dig in. 

In terms of realism, money plays a huge part. 

• The title was changed to Allardyce Sacked; Silva Tipped to Take Over

Archived