talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton reject Zidane in favour of Marco Silva

football forum

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

On the whole I am in agreement with you, but I fully respect, in this case RandoEFC opinion as its his club.

Today, while I wasnt paying full attention to the game and only joined it after the Norwich Ipswich game had ended, you have to question the guys performance who got sent off.  The club needed a far more professional performance & while the camera concentrated on the manager as the player walked off, I was watching the staff behind him who looked livid.

Earlier I said I guess it depends on how patient the Everton fans who turn up to each home are, but I would like to add a question to those who frequent this board. 

Has he lost the players never to return?

Not in the same way that Martinez did because the players are still working for him but I don't think they believe in his tactics because they all look horribly indecisive on and off the ball, so I imagine they're still trying either out of fear or because their personal standards are just that high (highly unlikely for modern footballers).

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was no way back from Burnley. It isn't going to change and we will remain in the bottom three whilst Koeman is here. Not scoring goals and a leaky defence, all down to him and his coaching staff. 

Forget the excuses of the teams we've played, we've just been turned over by Arsenal at home. The only team in the league where if you're in a rut you can kick your way to a result and his team couldn't do that. 

He deserves no sympathy for how it's going. He won't walk because of the pay off but this board needs to act sharpish so there is something left to salvage. We're a fucking disgrace. 

• Subscriber

Moyes is now into 5/1 with Sky Bet but I doubt there's anything in it. Probably just people lumping money on because they think they can see it happening.

Honestly I think the bookies have called it right with Unsworth as the favourite. As disillusioned and unsure as I am about who makes which decisions behind the scenes, I can't see Moshiri employing a proven average manager like Moyes, Dyche or Allardyce. We'll go for someone a bit more exciting I'm sure, even if they're an unknown quantity, and if Ancelloti does prove to be unrealistic which he probably will, Unsworth will get the job until the end of the season at which point we'll weigh up our options and who is and isn't available at that stage.

Had a small bit of hope they were going to get rid before Leicester but it doesn't look like. No specific demands, like, win a game. 

Chelsea comfortably through even if they played a team of kids. Leicester will beat us, Lyon will which means we're out of that and Watford will the week after. 

On 10/18/2017 at 7:29 PM, SirBalon said:

If they think Mourinho has a bad temper then they ain’t seen nothing yet with Luis Enrique if he was to hypothetically go there. 

Koeman has a very bad temper also,  many times during his Ajax coaching period, he had to deal with personalities like Zlatan, Mido, Sneijder, Van der Vaart, they all used to clash alot.

22 hours ago, Lucas said:

Just watched the post match interview. I really feel for the guy. Koeman is hurting so badly and Everton are in a position that he nor anyone expected.

The players need to take massive blame for this because we're not seeing what they are truly capable of, but Koeman will be the fall guy because it's the easiest way out. You can say tactically they aren't doing this right or that, but tactics aside, that shouldn't stop a player when he's on the pitch from working his bollocks off for the team and trying everything they can to get a result and can you hand on heart see any players doing that? Not really. It's all very lucklustre, no fight or passion.

I've stood up for Koeman the last few weeks since Burnley. I've said on here he deserves more time. As an outsider, I feel Everton should stand by him when times are tough like this because I believe he could turn them around. Much like he did at Southampton. He badly needs a result and it could all turn around again.

But, I sympathise with Everton fans because if Leeds were in this situation, currently in the relegation zone and not performing well, I'd be getting itchy feet too and wanting change.

I think that is a problem in now days. People attach so much blame to the manager. People don't seem to ever blame the players

12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

At what? They're an absolute embarrassment of a club.

I'd say they do quite well for a club with limited funds

34 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

At what? They're an absolute embarrassment of a club.

At Koeman saying he wouldn't leave then to join a club with money because that's selling out, only to then do it and spunk £140m on players from relegation fodder teams and get sacked for fucking it all up.

• Subscriber

The absolute disaster that this season has been reaches its nadir. Only way from here is up. This is not the slight wrench it was when Martinez left the club, because Koeman never really "got" Everton like Roberto at least tried to do. Still, he's never been a cunt, just a poor manager since late last season, so while I'm glad he's gone I wish him the best of luck in the future.

Odds have changed dramatically with Sean Dyche 15/8 favourite, Moyes 3/1, Allardyce 9/2. Fuck sake. The much more favoured choices Unsworth and Ancelotti are 6/1.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

What worries me now is the absolute cross that we're linked with, Dyche is the best of an uninspiring lot.

This. Best thing for the club is to give it to Unsworth who at least might turn out to be more than merely a safe pair of hands unless we can get Ancelotti somehow. Then either let Unsworth be class or if not keep him there until a real option comes along because the likes of Dyche and Allardyce aren't it.

• The title was changed to Allardyce Sacked; Silva Tipped to Take Over

Archived