talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester Hire Claude Puel To Replace Craig Shakespeare

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

I don't know if I've read you correctly, probably not as I'm knackered.  But are you saying Shakespeare deserves the same public treatment as Claudio Ranieri in terms of achievements with Leicester?

Would you have Ranieri at Arsenal?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I could see Dyche to be honest.

Sky Bet: Allardyce 4/1, Dyche 5/1, Ancelotti 7/1.

Bet365: Allardyce 7/2, Coleman 5/1, Ancelotti, Appleton, Mancini and Dyche 8/1.

I thought Allardyce said he was finished after leaving Palace?

Also if Leicester get Ancelotti while we're still arsing about giving Koeman more chances I'll be fuming as much as I have reservations about Ancelotti being the right man for us.

• Subscriber

He did but I think he's probably going to be like Warnock whose claimed he's finished god knows how many times.

I don't think Dyche would come here. How depressing is that. Champions to that in under 18 months.

I'm the same about Ancelotti. It's a totally different environment to what he's had throughout his career. Nowhere near a guarantee of success, as impressive a coup as it may be.

I hope those at the club appreciate that their persistence with an inept board which make us look a complete joke is going to damage our prospects. I doubt it though otherwise it'd have been acted on by now.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Any O'Brien said:

Should be out all day for that IF it isn't moved by Sky away from the Saturday.

With there being midweek games the following week I'd say the chances are slim. 100% won't be a Monday anyway.

Sky taking the piss announcing as per. Was meant to be Monday but this Christmas eve nonsense has made them delay it for another week apparently.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

With there being midweek games the following week I'd say the chances are slim. 100% won't be a Monday anyway.

Sky taking the piss announcing as per. Was meant to be Monday but this Christmas eve nonsense has made them delay it for another week apparently.

Ah yeah fair point, forgot we have Everton the following Wednesday. Late kick off Saturday wouldn't be bad at all.

Sky have took the piss, we have 3 London trips in december so people can't book trains etc yet.

• Subscriber
Just now, Any O'Brien said:

Ah yeah fair point, forgot we have Everton the following Wednesday. Late kick off Saturday wouldn't be bad at all.

Sky have took the piss, we have 3 London trips in december so people can't book trains etc yet.

We have Southampton away which is also Wednesday, think it's Wednesday because they must play Arsenal or Everton when we have you. Gives it more chance of being Sunday annoyingly.

Just now, Dan said:

We have Southampton away which is also Wednesday, think it's Wednesday because they must play Arsenal or Everton when we have you. Gives it more chance of being Sunday annoyingly.

Aye it does because most others will be playing on the Tuesday. Really could see it being a half 1 Sunday game which is fucking bollocks.

• Subscriber

Aye it does because most others will be playing on the Tuesday. Really could see it being a half 1 Sunday game which is fucking bollocks.

Wouldn't be entirely surprised. The shittest kick off bar none. Always a dead as fuck atmosphere.

Sky have properly shafted you this season I've noticed. You and Spurs in particular.

Just now, Dan said:

Wouldn't be entirely surprised. The shittest kick off bar none. Always a dead as fuck atmosphere.

Sky have properly shafted you this season I've noticed. You and Spurs in particular.

Our first Saturday away game is Man United on 18th November and even then it is on the tele. Meaning first 3PM Saturday away day is Chelsea on 2nd December which could still be moved. Piss taking cunts.

• Subscriber

Our first Saturday away game is Man United on 18th November and even then it is on the tele. Meaning first 3PM Saturday away day is Chelsea on 2nd December which could still be moved. Piss taking cunts.

So all in all, not a single one confirmed yet.

It's too late sadly. Blame the PL for being spineless sell outs.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Can't believe I'm reading that Ranieri deserved to be allowed to take Leicester down but Shakespeare didn't deserve his chance after the improvement he oversaw. What a ridiculous double standard.

It clearly didn't work out for Shakespeare, but I don't think it's right to say giving him the job permanently in the first place was a stupid move.

Ranieri should've been allowed to send the club to non-league according to some journalists. See I find it all quite ironic really, they accuse Leicester of damaging football while actively supporting a status quo. "Who do Leicester think they are?". I don't know if they even realise that they're doing it to be honest.

4 hours ago, Dan said:

People need to forget about Ranieri now. We weren't wrong to get rid of him. If Ranieri was still here we'd be in the Championship. We were in freefall under him in the end.

Again though, I must stress it's more than about the manager. I think we're a poisoned chalice now.

I feel like relegation would have cemented even more the greatness of the title wining season though. Immortalised it in sporting folklore as a case for the historians to study....

• The title was changed to Leicester Sack Shakespeare - Tuchel & Allardyce Rule Out Taking Over
  • The title was changed to Leicester Hire Claude Puel To Replace Craig Shakespeare

Archived