• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester Hire Claude Puel To Replace Craig Shakespeare

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
13 hours ago, Harry said:

I feel like relegation would have cemented even more the greatness of the title wining season though. Immortalised it in sporting folklore as a case for the historians to study....

It's also not a viable approach to take going forward. I get why a lot of our players got a lot more money out of the whole thing but we cannot afford to get relegated with that kind of wage bill. If we do and we don't manage to shift the vast majority of our squad we are in trouble.

• Subscriber

Don't want Coleman or Pardew. Don't really think Coleman's all that, very mediocre at club level and has just come off the back of what I think you have to deem a failure in coming 3rd in a group they were top seeds in.

Pardew I just don't really rate. Never have done and never understood how so many see him as a good bet for this league, although he did have a good year about 5 years back.

I'd have Dyche over either of those two but I actually think he'd be mad to come here. It's a step up in club size and potential, granted, but he's doing a superb job at Burnley, building something impressive and is it worth turning all of that in to work under that clown Rudkin?

So, 24 hours pass and Rudkin's still in a job. Safe to assume he's going nowhere, again. He's so bulletproof despite such under-performance it's almost suspicious. Get him out and rebuild. I don't care if it takes years. I'm not demanding instant success, I want us in safe and ambitious hands. He's neither.

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

To be fair, you're pretty much guaranteed one good season with Pards. I reckon he'd be a good appointment

not for a club that wants some stability and move forward. No good having a manager that goes forward 1 step and goes back 2. 

• Subscriber
55 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

There is no middle ground with Pardew. You're either unbeaten for two months or you've won twice in eight months. I've never seen anything like it.

Considering we're either the best team in the league or one of the worst I think it sounds a match made in heaven. Maybe we'd cancel each other out and finish midtable every year.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Pardew said he'd be interested. Exactly what Ranieri did and he ended up getting the job.

so we're winning the league next season :o ?! 

• Subscriber

Don't rate Coleman. Like Aaron said Pardew is a strange one with his great runs and turgid runs, but I think that could be a good fit. Dyche looks the best option though, Burnley are unlikely to stay up for more than 2 or 3 more seasons but Leicester he could aim for consistent top half.

• Subscriber

Everton are highly unlikely to go for Dyche which means the likes of Southampton and Leicester are the next possible destinations for him. Throw Stoke and Newcastle in there probably. Nobody can argue that it isn't a step up from Burnley because even with great management they won't stay up for more than a few years whereas those clubs with great management could qualify for Europe in seasons like this where Everton have gone AWOL.

• The title was changed to Leicester Hire Claude Puel To Replace Craig Shakespeare

Archived