talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thursday 19th October - Matchday 3 (Group E)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Everton 1-4 Lyon

They beat Monaco the other week. We've beaten Stoke and Bournemouth all season (except Ruzemberok and one of the legs against Hajduk Split). Four of those five wins were by a single goal. We're awful and I'm not even going to bother posting a "this is how I'd line-up" eleven because the only changes Koeman will make to the side will be Martina and Williams back in.

• Subscriber

Martina and Williams are in and all xD.

Otherwise don't mind the teamsheet. Davies instead of 2 DMs though I'd rather we started Gueye instead of Schneiderlin. Two wingers at last and no Rooney or Sigursson so we'll see if Klaassen can have an impact as the main creative outlet.

A win is pretty much necessary to keep us in the competition so anything less and I'm back on Koemans case.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Toony said:

Think Koeman will go if you lose tonight?

Should be coming through this group quite comfortably alongside Lyon, now you'll likely have to beat them at least once to stay in.

Koeman should have been gone after losing to Burnley at home and certainly should have been gone after we almost lost to Brighton. Obviously another loss he should go even more but our board are fucking stupid and will give him almost as many chances as he wants.

13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Koeman should have been gone after losing to Burnley at home and certainly should have been gone after we almost lost to Brighton. Obviously another loss he should go even more but our board are fucking stupid and will give him almost as many chances as he wants.

Think you've said it elsewhere but I can't see you winning any of your next three games which would then surely see him off.

• Subscriber
Just now, Pep Talk said:

really should be 2-0

Not really, we got lucky that free kick hit the bar but if that had gone in would have been one of the most freakishly unlucky goals to concede I've seen.

We've done okay after the goal. Williams solid, Mirallas and Davies playing well. The rest, meh.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Not really, we got lucky that free kick hit the bar but if that had gone in would have been one of the most freakishly unlucky goals to concede I've seen.

We've done okay after the goal. Williams solid, Mirallas and Davies playing well. The rest, meh.

Was talking more about the pretty much through ball but was hit straight to the keeper. Should of gone further than rushing the shot.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Pep Talk said:

Was talking more about the pretty much through ball but was hit straight to the keeper. Should of gone further than rushing the shot.

Meh, could equally say the same about Klaassen's chance.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived