The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 4th Round Match Chat - 24-25 October, 2017

football forum

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Leicester 3-1 Leeds. 

Hernandez opened the scoring with a great hit 20 yards out.

Funnily enough, after that we were the most comfortable and the quick equaliser definitely helped. With the assistance of a mix-up of some sorts between Leeds' goal-keeper and defender, it left Iheanacho the chance to pick his spot just outside the box and make it 1-1. 

We were stronger as the half went on and didn't face much of a test in the 2nd half either. I think the quality showed and Slimani bundled in about half-way through the 2nd half, after missing an absolute sitter. Mahrez sealed the win running in from the wing and curling a finish in. 

Hope Leeds come up to be honest. I know it was a mix of first team and second string but I feel like this is the season they could finally make their return to the Premier League. They have some players who could do a job based on league form so far and this game - Hernandez especially. Saiz and Lasogga are doing well, too. 

As for us, been a while since we had a cup run! Will be good if Norwich and/or Wolves get through. If they do, would like them or Bristol City in the next round. Anything to get through to the final and face someone big then...

I thought it would take something special to get a rant out of me this season because of how little im bothered with what weve become but what the actual fuck.

Wayne Hennessey is a disgrace. An absolute fucking disgrace. I've always maintained he wouldn't look out out of place in a lower Championship side but based on that he'd be getting abuse from Sunderland fans if he played for them.

Chong Yong-Lee is another one who should be forced to pay every penny he has ever made for us to a local charity. An absolute abomination of a human. How he can call himself a footballer when he has done fuck all for at least two years is an absolute disgrace. To put things in perspective the two of them make more money a week without bonuses than the whole of our Championship heroes in 2010. 

Hodgson's selection as well. Why the fuck give players like Martin Kelly a chance? He should never be on the pay roll in the first place.

That Riedewald is fucking shite too. Fuck off Football Manager and your fucking predictions. His best game for us was in the last round and I would have given him a 5/10 and the worst player on the pitch then too. January couldn't come round fast enough so we can send him back to Holland to dissolve with the rest of that footballing nation.

One final rant to the fans. Very emotional evening for Pape Souare. He threw his shirt in to the crowd in good faith and he must have been devastated inside to have seen it thrown back. The new generation are completely showing themselves up this season.

I've maintained all along I wouldn't mind see us dropping down a division to get some of the fundamental principles back in to the club. But if you compare our second strongest team with Blackburn is argue that Blackburn may have more players in a starting eleven. Without our half added key players we would be absolutely screwed. What a depressing situation to be in.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

One final rant to the fans. Very emotional evening for Pape Souare. He threw his shirt in to the crowd in good faith and he must have been devastated inside to have seen it thrown back. The new generation are completely showing themselves up this season.

that's fucking low that is. Especially after what he's been through.

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

that's fucking low that is. Especially after what he's been through.

In the last year and a half I have seen our own fans embarrass themselves on multiple occasions. It predominantly seems to be fans who wouldn't have a clue what it was like losing to shit like Plymouth and Doncaster every season and thankfully I have no association or can say I have anything in common with.

• Administrator

credit to Wolves for taking Man City all the way to a penalty shootout and denying them in normal time and extra time. 

shame they didn't have the quality in the shoot-out to deny Man City the win. 

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, Dan said:

Leeds have an arguably more important game at the weekend, have more to play for in the league and play their game at the weekend on Friday night whereas we play Sunday. We have no excuse for not beating what is likely to be a highly rotated Leeds side.

3-1 Leicester. Iheanacho to bag. Gray and Chilwell to turn up.

I expect something like...

Jakupovic

Amartey - Morgan - Dragovic - Chilwell

Gray - King - Iborra - Albrighton

Slimani - Iheanacho

With Okazaki coming on when we realise again he's about the only forward we actually perform with at the minute xD

Freakishly good prediction. Scoreline and all bar two of the team right, plus Iheanacho bagged. Less said about Gray the better though.

I don't think too much can be read into that. Very typical cup game against a lower league opposition for us, poor performance until the subs who end up being a big reason we win the game. Very happy to be in the last eight.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

meanwhile, mourinho doesnt get the credit he deserves!! Beats a premier team, unlike Wolves, and the two best players (Martial and Lingard) are homegrown talent!!! 

Martial homegrown xDxDxD 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dan said:

Freakishly good prediction. Scoreline and all bar two of the team right, plus Iheanacho bagged. Less said about Gray the better though.

I don't think too much can be read into that. Very typical cup game against a lower league opposition for us, poor performance until the subs who end up being a big reason we win the game. Very happy to be in the last eight.

bit harsh considering we were 2-1 up when Vardy and Mahrez came on. 

Didn't think it was that bad a performance, just perhaps not as exciting as the game against Swansea. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Stan said:

bit harsh considering we were 2-1 up when Vardy and Mahrez came on. 

Didn't think it was that bad a performance, just perhaps not as exciting as the game against Swansea. 

It was 1-1 when Mahrez came on. He played the through ball for our 2nd and scored our 3rd with a solo run. He was the difference after yet another disappointing performance by Gray.

Thought Leeds looked OK in patches, very dodgy at the back but not bad considering it was effectively a Championship reserve team.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Leicester 3-1 Leeds. 

Hernandez opened the scoring with a great hit 20 yards out.

Funnily enough, after that we were the most comfortable and the quick equaliser definitely helped. With the assistance of a mix-up of some sorts between Leeds' goal-keeper and defender, it left Iheanacho the chance to pick his spot just outside the box and make it 1-1. 

We were stronger as the half went on and didn't face much of a test in the 2nd half either. I think the quality showed and Slimani bundled in about half-way through the 2nd half, after missing an absolute sitter. Mahrez sealed the win running in from the wing and curling a finish in. 

Hope Leeds come up to be honest. I know it was a mix of first team and second string but I feel like this is the season they could finally make their return to the Premier League. They have some players who could do a job based on league form so far and this game - Hernandez especially. Saiz and Lasogga are doing well, too. 

As for us, been a while since we had a cup run! Will be good if Norwich and/or Wolves get through. If they do, would like them or Bristol City in the next round. Anything to get through to the final and face someone big then...

You were worthy winners. Credit to us for being in the game till the end just before Mahrez finished things but the gulf in quality was pretty big, perhaps you should have finished it sooner but you got there in the end. You got a player scoring the first goal tonight bought in the summer who costs more than our entire squad so sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and accept it is what it is.

It would have been interesting to see how the game would have played out had we gone in 1-0 at the break. I don't think Leicester really threatened much till we gave a silly goal away and it changed the complexion of the game. Had we had something to hold on to, it could have played into our hands but we have Championship standard players who make Championship standard mistakes.

I'd liked to have seen us threaten more, particularly if we had been able to use the likes of Alioski, Saiz and Lasogga but we need them firing Friday night. This is a competition Leicester have fond memories of and they really should be targeting this trophy each season as the most realistic chance of silverware so good luck to them. No one wants the big boys winning it with half strength sides.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Dan said:

It was 1-1 when Mahrez came on. He played the through ball for our 2nd and scored our 3rd with a solo run. He was the difference after yet another disappointing performance by Gray.

Thought Leeds looked OK in patches, very dodgy at the back but not bad considering it was effectively a Championship reserve team.

That was Iborra? 

Anyway, I think even if Mahrez didn't come on we'd have still gone on to win. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived