talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 4th Round Match Chat - 24-25 October, 2017

football forum

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much, much better in the second half. Moved the back line forward 10 yards and had numbers forward. 

Encouraging but still a long way to go. Williams dropped for Keane on Sunday please. 

Baningime looked decent enough. Not scared to put his foot in and not flustered on the ball. 

Caballero MOTM tonight and should be looking to give Courtois a run for his money. Everton bossed the 2nd half and should of really scored more. 

Caballero, Rudiger, Drinkwater, and Zappacosta all had good games. Ampadu looked solid but nothing amazing.  Batshuayi couldn't really do anything with Willian and Musonda doing fuck all. 

Think what our defence really lacks right now is composure. All of them are very reactive and impatient in their decision making. Making rash challenges/choices rather than reading the game and being aware of their surroundings. 

• Subscriber

Spurs fancy themselves title contenders and look good to go quite far in the Champions League but at 2 goals up you're practically three wins away from a trophy so I'd be pretty fuming if I was a Spurs fan after that.

• Administrator
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Very similar to our Roma game except obviously West Ham are no Roma.. 

You cant win them all and its worse in the Cup because you are out first go and no second chances.. Did Spurs field a strong side? I have not seen the line ups.. 

not full strength. But had Alli, Alderweireld, Son, Sissoko, Trippier, Davies playing. 

They actually played alright first half. Bilic must have shot a rocket up his players' arses at HT and Poch must have gone easy on his. 

One less thing to worry about for Spurs to be honest, though. Clearly not their priority. 

• Subscriber

Players didn’t care, manager didn’t care. Frustrating but they have their eyes on bigger prizes. Personally think it’s a mistake because winning breeds winning and we need to start getting any sort of silverware but this was no surprise. West Ham are awful but we just let them have it. Also doesn’t help when a ‘rivalry’ is so one sided they get themselves so up for it and it’s just another opponent for us 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Spurs fancy themselves title contenders and look good to go quite far in the Champions League but at 2 goals up you're practically three wins away from a trophy so I'd be pretty fuming if I was a Spurs fan after that.

Especially at home to this shambles of a West Ham side, even more so considering local pride. Shocking from them that.

7 hours ago, Stan said:

not full strength. But had Alli, Alderweireld, Son, Sissoko, Trippier, Davies playing. 

They actually played alright first half. Bilic must have shot a rocket up his players' arses at HT and Poch must have gone easy on his. 

One less thing to worry about for Spurs to be honest, though. Clearly not their priority. 

Well it should be. Spurs haven’t won anything since before the donkey, they don’t even get to finals and they aren’t winning the league or CL this year. 

13 hours ago, Storts said:

Players didn’t care, manager didn’t care. Frustrating but they have their eyes on bigger prizes. Personally think it’s a mistake because winning breeds winning and we need to start getting any sort of silverware but this was no surprise. West Ham are awful but we just let them have it. Also doesn’t help when a ‘rivalry’ is so one sided they get themselves so up for it and it’s just another opponent for us 

Yeah fair point, it's another cup not available.

Better to go out now I guess than go out on some half arsed performance further down the line which is something we've been more than culpable of in recent years.

14 hours ago, Storts said:

Honestly it was your best chance for silverware this season :coffee:

5 hours ago, True Blue said:

Decent first half, terrible second in which Caballero saved us a few times. Positives Drinkwater is back and Ampadu looked really good. Negatives we can't keep a clean sheet to save our lives.

I'm still waiting...

• The topic was unpinned

Archived