talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Serie B & Below

football forum

In Serie B, it's a tight race to get into Serie A.

Having spent time in Foggia during the Zeman years, it's great to see them in 1st  by 6 points with just a few games remaining. Would love to see them in the top division.

Parma are currently 8 points behind Flippo Inzaghi's Venezia with 5 games to go. 

But should make the Lega Pro Playoffs, alongside some names Serie A fans might be familiar with. Livorno, Piacenza (Dario Hübner anyone?), Reggiana (Now owned by Mike Piazza), Lecce and Catania are all currently in the playoff spots.

NY Times Article (2015)

Foggia are 1 point away from gaining automatic promotion. What an absolute dream season for them this year. 

From the old days of Zemen, to their 2 collapses, it's great to see them climb back up the ranks and now get themselves into Serie B. 

Easter Monday Fixtures for Serie B -

SPAL is losing 0-1 to Trapani right now (54' Minute)

Perugia - Ascoli
Carpi - Bari
Brescia - Benevento
Hellas Verona - Cittadella
Salemitana - Latina
Frosinone - Novara
Vicenza - Pro Vercelli
Virtus Entella - Temana
Pisa - Avellino
Cesena - Spezia

• The topic was pinned

Macheda is sitting on 2 goals, as Novara is up 3-1 on Frosinone. Talk about players who never panned out. The 2 today takes his season tally to a whopping 5 goals on the year.

Edited by ATL

5 hours ago, True Blue said:

I hate every single team in the Serie B, they always fuck my bets.

I'm not a big fan of any of them in particular either. I guess I enjoyed Cesena when they were up.

Next year they will have Palermo, which is one of the teams I really like so that'll suck.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ScoRoss said:

Pisa, best defence in the league, still going to be relegated.

Yes - When you play with 10 guys in the back, you are going to allow few goals, and score even less. 

24 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Parma ended 2nd in their league, are they now qualified for the play off's for Seria C as i don't see them in the draw?

Parma will be in the playoffs. But instead of them going straight to playoffs, they will match up all the promotion play off teams and play 1 round against another randomly drawn team, and then weed it down until you have 4 left, which play for the right to go to Serie B.

• Upvote 1

• The topic was unpinned
  • 4 months later...

Pippo Inzaghi continues to impress and rise through the league with Venezia (and their American owners).

Meanwhile, speaking of rising, Parma are already back in Serie B and haven't yet ring up millions of debt again (that we know of).

And those of a certain generation will look at some of the names of some teams and think back to the days of Football Italia and Championship Manager.

• The title was changed to Serie B & Below
  • 2 months later...

Parma having a great year thus far, currently sitting in 4th after 21 matches.

I think Palermo and Bari are the teams going up automatically, but it would be fantastic for the fans of Parma if there were to get one of the top 2 spots.

• The topic was pinned
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...