talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Goals You'll Never Forget

football forum

Steven Gerrard v Olympiakos - Champions League group stage 2004/05. My first European game. At 0-1 down we needed to score 3 in the second half to qualify. Just a few minutes left when Gerrard smashed in the winner that proved to be the catalyst for us to go on and win the whole thing

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

first final I saw us win at Wembley. Extremely memorable as the season before we lost to a last-minute Spurs goal.

This was also the last League Cup final ever won at old Wembley.

47 minutes ago, Stan said:

first final I saw us win at Wembley. Extremely memorable as the season before we lost to a last-minute Spurs goal.

This was also the last League Cup final ever won at old Wembley.

I went to that game in the Tranmere end. My dad got tickets through work and saw it as a chance to take me to the old Wembley before it got knocked down

Farrelly's goal in this one. Remember me and me mates sitting on the bars at the back of the Gwladys. I was young so knew relegation was bad but not sure I knew how bad it was. 

Bolton getting beat by Chelsea saved us. 

26 minutes ago, True Blue said:

On his day Joe Cole was unplayable

Joe Cole is one of those sad cases that leave you with a sentiment of loss...  There are various reasons for this and maybe some can be placed on his own shoulders, but he should've been one one of the great English players both at club level and for his country...  He was unfortunate to be at his optimum national team wise when the emphasis was still on physical attributes in my opinion.

38 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Joe Cole is one of those sad cases that leave you with a sentiment of loss...  There are various reasons for this and maybe some can be placed on his own shoulders, but he should've been one one of the great English players both at club level and for his country...  He was unfortunate to be at his optimum national team wise when the emphasis was still on physical attributes in my opinion.

Lampard played in his preferred position 

16 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Lampard played in his preferred position 

Joe Cole was technically more gifted than Frank Lampard and very different players which provided different things.  But yeah, he did play in the same position although a great midfield could've been made out of that by playing both in a five man midfield like at Barça under Pep.  Even if he couldn't be a first teamer at Chelsea, another top English club should've snapped him up but something tells me that there was something about HIM that never let it all come to fruition.

1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

Will never forget this one from Zola either.

That bloke was pure magic... One of the best players I have ever seen in a Blue Shirt

I missed meeting him by about 5 minutes once... gutted, would have liked to have shook his hand

Just now, Bluewolf said:

That bloke was pure magic... One of the best players I have ever seen in a Blue Shirt

I missed meeting him by about 5 minutes once... gutted, would have liked to have shook his hand

Well he was picked by Maradona himself to take his mantel at Napoli.

The day Messi abused the finesse button....

The day Messi shut up his doubters about not being able to score from a header 

The Day Ronaldo jumped higher than the average professional basketball player to win a header 

The Day(s) Ronaldo abused the 'long shot' trait...

For me Ronaldo's greatest ever goal and that's that he scored many.  Maybe I'm being biassed but I can challenge it in terms of for me his season at FC Barcelona being his best club season in Europe by a long margin.

The goal was against SD Compostela and Barça's third.  Sir Bobby Robson's facial expression says it all for me and he saw a hell of a lot of football in his many many years in the sport.

Archived