The better place to talk football.

Goals You'll Never Forget

football forum

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I can't believe nobody has mentioned this belter yet. We needed a point to go to the World Cup and were 2-1 down with seconds to go, up steps David Beckham who loops the ball into the top of the net. I can remember watching this in my Grandparent's house and despite being just 8 I completely lost my shit, David was one of my absolute heroes growing up so this is a goal that always sticks in my mind whenever this topic is discussed. 

Goosebumps on the back of my neck every time, back when England were worth supporting.

I was gonna do that one in the next couple of days xD. The euphoria of that goal. 

This one was HUGE. 

Redemption after what happened 4 years previous with Diego Simeone. Again, the euphoria and relief felt was at obscene levels. The pure joy felt for Beckham as well. 

Our first match against Ireland for Euro 2016 qualifying at Parkhead. Ireland were our main competition for a playoff spot, and I think at the time we would go above them with a win.

It was a cagey affair with them sitting deep and causing a bit of trouble on set pieces, until we took a short corner, turned into Spain for 3 seconds, and wee Shaun Maloney sent Parkhead, and the pub I was in, into delirium. 

Even though it was all for nothing, that memory of pints getting spilled left right and centre and hugging randomers and feeling that we could finally be going to a tournament is still the best I can remember feeling without being at a match live.

This goal goal in Spain is called "When Maradona destroyed Real Madrid" and I'm not joking that it's called that!

The run on goal is almost simple (although part of the play is missing) but what he does at the end is why Maradona is Zeus!

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

A late kick off on Easter Monday if I remember rightly. Injury time winner at Goodison Park after they'd scored a penalty late on that would have snatched a point. My favourite derby

I remember watching that game live...  Even I went mental!  What a free-kick.

In Spain they love to give titles to special goals and this particular goal will never be forgotten...  The name was accidentally given by Inietsa himself and that name is; "They say you can't hear the silence, I heard the silence"...  'El Gol Del Silencio' (The Goal Of Silence).

For you guys that don't understand Spanish, you're missing out on this mini video which is part of a wonderful documentary.  It explains to perfection the sentiments of the players while the goal is being cooked, and subsequently scored. A goal of legends...  Andrés Iniesta.

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

In Spain they love to give titles to special goals and this particular goal will never be forgotten...  The name was accidentally given by Inietsa himself and that name is; "They say you can't hear the silence, I heard the silence"...  'El Gol Del Silencio' (The Goal Of Silence).

For you guys that don't understand Spanish, you're missing out on this mini video which is part of a wonderful documentary.  It explains to perfection the sentiments of the players while the goal is being cooked, and subsequently scored. A goal of legends...  Andrés Iniesta.

The weight on Cesc's pass. Quality. 

22 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Always preferred this one... just the way that Torres shrugs off one of the best defenders in the last twenty years is something else.

• 7 months later...

Archived