• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Deuce

football forum

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Only watched the pilot so far, it's very good! The setting of filthy and sleazy New York in the 70s looks very authentic, and the storyline is refreshingly unique. Reminds me a bit of the Mean Streets in a way it captures the mood.

• Subscriber

I've caught up on it and tbh when I watched the first episode I was a little tired before getting midway through but I went through with it and the reveal along with the darker side of the business they portray was very good. 

5 episodes in and it’s getting into its gear. Maggie Gyllenhaal is probably the best actress of her generation, she obviously just didn’t suck enough producer dick be given top billing as she dicks on most of Hollywood leading ladies fairly comfortably. 

For me this is like the wire, after 3-4 hours it clicked you know peoples angles and David Simon proves again that the gritty underbelly of Urban America is compelling drama. 

Also Method Man aka the pimp Rodney only a bit part playa but episode 5 the scene with Gyllenhaal is great acting not just a musician. 

Would you suggest I jump in now and take it one week at a time, or let it build up and watch in one hit?

Speaking of David Simon did anybody ever give his previous show Treme a watch?

I only watched 1-2 episodes and just lost all momentum due to not being able to get the remaining episodes for 12 months. I’ve never gotten back into it, but i found the post hurricane Katrina New Orleans setting pretty fresh from what I did see and probably should return to it at some point.

I watched the first season of Treme but didn’t have access to it so lost momentum it was decent but lacked the crime element that makes his other shows set in urban areas so compelling. 

Episode 9 has aired by next week it will be done, it’s been renewed I’d dive in at best if you binge hard you’re waiting a week for the finale 

Archived