talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Stan - Sydney > Crewe > Ipswich > Leicester > Lyon

football forum

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Dan said:

Just seen your youth intake at Lyon. No surprise there. I was them once and they get absolutely brilliant youngsters. At Nantes I regularly had players come from my academy to first team. Fantastic set up in France.

I think you won the club over when you beat St Etienne 6-0. I've managed on both sides of that rivalry and my god they loved a pop at each other.

Yeah St Etienne I usually beat now. It's Marseille I need to consistently get the better of now. A couple of those youngsters I showed up earlier are now on the brink of the first team after some tutoring and normal development. They're only 16!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 hours ago, Dan said:

Some of those results in Europe xD

What the fuck is your tactic? That's a sensational goal return.

Haha that was crazy. Safe to say I got humbled in the Champions League by Man Utd. Lost on aggregate 7-1 xD

Check the formation thread. Explains all in there :)

• Administrator
Just now, The Palace Fan said:

The random Scottish guy for Brest tearing up the league xD What a man.

I bought him in the summer! 

Turned out to be a flash in the pan though and he's not actually that good. Trying to sell him. 

• Administrator

Bargain number one from Real Madrid (bought for £.4.8m)

alex.PNG

Bargain number two from Real Madrid (bought for £6.5m).

rubio.PNG

Scoured the transfer market on 1st October as have noticed this is when players are unsettled/unhappy at not playing first team football at the big clubs, despite being very talented, and ask to be transfer listed. Catch them early enough and they're cheaper. Some of the players i've missed out on in previous seasons have gone on to get scout ratings of 90+ and close to being £100m in value.

Hope these 2 turn out to be good! Certainly have the ability at the moment. 

• Administrator

can't remember ever having a start to a season as good as this. Thrashing Bayern twice, beating Marseille and Monaco (both away) and PSG at home. 6 points clear, haven't lost in the league yet. 

31-32.PNG
31-321.PNG
31-32table.PNG

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Top signing that. How will you utilize him? Do you have a top forward like him or do you prefer him as an AM or Shadow Striker?

I play with 2 advanced forwards so he'll fit right in along my 3 other main forwards...

Joan and Diallo have scored a ridiculous amount since I joined in Nov 2027.

cd.PNG

cdstats.PNG

j.PNG

jstats.PNG

and I've signed this guy pre-season 2032 for a paltry £11.5m.

mm.PNG

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Time for your team to do something pretty special in Europe, Stan. What the fuck happened in both games against Bayern?

absolutely dicked them xD 

I think we're about 3 or 4 years behind the likes of Barcelona, Man City, Man Utd and Everton(!). Gonna be difficult to break Europe! Already won Europa League but the ambition now is to win the Champions League or at least get further than the 1st Knockout Round. 

• Administrator

what a sensational season we're having. specifically towards the end of the season!

32-33 end.PNG

@The Palace Fan (and me, anyway) gets his wish for Lyon to do something pretty special in Europe. Far outweighed my own expectations of getting further than the Round of 32, and the board's expectations...

32-33 cl.PNG

32-33 cl1.PNG

A quite frankly brilliant CL campaign by all standards. Yes, 2 losses but some huge wins - namely beating Everton at home (they've won the league twice), dispatching Man City in style over 2 legs 7-5 on aggregate. Broke the record for most goals in a CL season too (42).

Now the crunch final game against AC Milan! I'm actually nervous for it.

PSG went back to winning the league though. Came a strong 2nd - PSG pulled away early on so it was between us and Marseille to finish 2nd. Have won that battle but too little too late to catch PSG...

32-33 ligue 1.PNG

The goals keep on flowing across all 5 attacking options - 125 goals in total from all 5 of them. 69 assists to boot, as well.
32-33 goals.PNG

Other (unimportant) achievements...

32-33 cups.PNG

and another final to compete in against Nice...
32-33 cups1.PNG

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Wonder how Sydney and Crewe are feeling now.

will be meeting former employees in the European Super Cup, too. Leicester won the Europa League again. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

2033/34 season 

Won the League 

Won French Cup

Won Coupe de Ligue 

Won Club World Championship 

Won French Super Cup 

Runners up in Champions League :(

Nearly did an unprecedented sextuple. Would have completed the game for me!

• Administrator
On 04/01/2018 at 15:25, Stan said:

reports.PNG

The top 2, along with Geoffrey Mareval are all 14.

Those top 4 could become sensational. 

The update on these...

David Lemoine is now a free agent. Didn't develop as expected so have let him go - scouting rating is 55.
Florent Foucher is a first-team regular defensive midfielder and exceeding all expectations. 21 years old and will still improve.
Theo Boyer. Now 24 and is a £17.25m rated striker at Bournemouth (19th in PL). Far better strikers at the squad and sold him for £3m when he was 19. 
Benny Clement. 23 and a free agent. Similar to Lemoine. Scout report is 45 - 'only sign as last resort'. No regrets there.
Geoffrey Mareval. 23 and now at Troyes in French 2nd Division.
Pawel Pawlak now 24 and at OGC Nice. Sold him for £12.5m last season as had better options at the club. 

What's that saying? 2 out of 3 1 out of 6 ain't bad. :D 

• Administrator

Looking at past winners of each league.

England - 5 different winners over the 18 seasons I've been playing - Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd, Everton ( @Cannabis proof the game isn't that realistic any more ;) )
Spain - 3 different winners - Barca, Real, Atletico. So nothing too unusual there.
Italy - 5 winners - Juve, Napoli, Roma, AC Milan & Inter Milan. Again, nothing out of the ordinary.
Then we get to Germany...

fcb.PNG

@nudge @Tommy @Viva la FCB @Faithcore is this a sign of things to come xD 

Archived