The better place to talk football.

Stan - Sydney > Crewe > Ipswich > Leicester > Lyon

football forum

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
23 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

@Stan are those leagues loaded and being simulated fully?

England, Italy, France and Spain are all playable.

Germany is the only league that isn't. 

On 10/30/2017 at 17:26, Stan said:

got fucked over with both my strikers out long-term as well as my main goal-keeper, Andy Redmayne. Dropped out of the play-offs for the first time a couple of games before the end of the season and the board got rid of me. Cunts. 

Its your own fault Stan.... You had a Barnet FC budget and the mindset of Pep Guardiola... it was doomed to failure

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Stan said:

England, Italy, France and Spain are all playable.

Germany is the only league that isn't. 

Oh right. When the league isn't playable I'm pretty sure it just "randomises" whoever wins the league based on reputation. E.g. in my longer saves I've played in Italy and seen Roma, Napoli, Inter, Juventus all win titles. Then I've moved on and shut down Italy as a playable league and pretty quickly it returns to Juventus winning 15 years in a row. Shame they can't mix things up a bit.

On 12/19/2017 at 22:33, Stan said:

so time for an update!

9th Dec - hired as Leicester manager. A 'childhood dream' as Steam informs me to be offered the job of the club I support.

The Results (2024-25 season)
Terrible start to the tenure. Such an imbalanced squad (there were no players who could play defensive midfielder and no out-and-out strikers). Not ideal!
IkzNvxY.png
B7Sqqtp.png

Morale was terribly low as I tried to find a formation that worked with the players at my disposal.

January couldn't come quick enough and the 2 main signings I made were Sergio Diaz (striker) and Tiemoue Bakayoko just to add some steel to the midfield and give me a better option upfront. The most ridiculous of all was that Jadon Sancho was sitting in the reserves xD. Hauled him back in to the senior team and eventually he hit some form just at the right time at the end of the season.

The 3 final games were all against teams also in the relegation run in (I had dropped to joint 17th by the time the Arsenal game came around in April). It was pretty nerve-wracking going in to those final 3! That run though saved me and saved my skin. Relegation and that was a swift sacking no doubt. 

The Final Table (2024-25)
Dvb3rNu.png

Had to finish above my former club Ipswich otherwise it would've been very embarrassing. 

The 2025-26 Season
Off to a fucking flyer if I do say so myself.

Transfers IN:
Wt4iCGs.png

Some bargains in there especially the South American lot. Dobrik you'll see has hit the ground running for a 19 year old. Di Biasi is a decent winger; Vera a young goalkeeper and Acosta a wonderkid central midfielder.

The highlights of those signings being Ben Woodburn and Lewis Cook. Clearly talented and both have international experience. 

The guys I got rid of for some decent money were all unhappy at the club or wanted to go when said clubs came calling. On top of the money the board gave me it certainly helped.

The Results So Far
G7Aiy6x.png

A favourable fixture list for sure, no doubt. But you can only beat what's put in front of you and it's a good foundation for the tough fixtures to come.

The Table As It Stands
n15FJA5.png

On 12/19/2017 at 22:37, RandoEFC said:

Battling relegation to title contenders in one summer? Bit unrealistic.

I will say... Arsenal in the top 4??? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

made a promise to my top keeper that we'd win the Champions League by 2038/39 season.

Wins Champions League in 2037.

My keeper's thoughts?

gk.PNG

In more positive news, I'm now in the Worldwide Hall of Fame :D. 4 Domestic Divisions (League One x1 and Ligue 1 x3); 7 Domestic Cups (French Cup x4 and Coupe de Ligue x3); 1 Europa League, 2 Champions Leagues and 1 Club World Championship. 

Got a long way to get to Alex Ferguson who's top!

• 1 year later...

Archived