talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Stan - Sydney > Crewe > Ipswich > Leicester > Lyon

football forum

• Administrator

so since the last update, I'm ecstatic :D but angered in equal measure :40_rage:.

13th Feb 2022 was the last update and this is my form since then:

24fa0j7.jpg

A huge upturn in form which has taken me from 16th to 11th. Where I was looking over my shoulder somewhat and was closer to the relegation spots, I don't have to worry about that now. Looking up. Worth noting that Swansea, Millwall and Fulham were all top 6 sides.

What I'm angry about now is after Barnsley victory, my top striker Rafa Mujica, with 13 goals in 13 games, is injured for 4 weeks. 
Then Dwight Gayle and Alex Burdett, my other 2 strikers, also get injuries for the rest of the season. Fucking fuck off. 

I now have no first team strikers. Is my run of excellent form over? Time for a youth prospect to shine?!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
On 25/11/2017 at 8:25 AM, The Palace Fan said:

Do you reckon Jordan Smith is capable of becoming Premier League quality? I've been running and shying about putting him in competition with Hennessey. How much did Ipswich sign him for?

I doubt it to be honest. I've sought replacements in Luca Zidane for the season I just played (2021/22). They turned out to be very similar. I have now signed another keeper, Luca Lezzerini. The 3 are below and comparing all 3, I'm expecting big things from Lezzerini. 

7vr1Cxj.png

6eydd8L.png

W7g1s6o.png

• Administrator

Time for another update I think just as the run-in for promotion to the Premier League nears its end...

STANDINGS:
West Ham lead the way with 3 games left and 2 points in it. 
QWIYQ79.png
Over-achieved once again! Target was to reach the play-offs but the board are delighted with the points amassed and how 'easy' it has been to get to the top of the league and remain in the top 2 since October...
YDwBI40.png

THE KEY PLAYERS
Have mentioned him on here before but Rafa Mujica has led the way once again. Bargain of a signing at £475k in January 2021. 21 goals and 7 assists in 38 games (24 starts, 10 sub apps). Simply fantastic for me. Rescued games for me or set the team on its way to convincing victories. Reliable and has the ability to get better as he's only 24.
GyF0TOC.png

The other 2 players both have similar traits and have played their part in assisting Mujica to getting his goals, either from the right wing or the left wing. I give you Brandon Thomas and Mattia Aramu.
voZ1wXQ.png

Signed in the July 2022 for a paltry £425k. Again, a great signing and 12 assists shows how much he has contributed.

gKbZbUR.png

Aramu has provided less assists but has been sharper in front of goal, so for me he's slightly ahead of Thomas in terms of contributions but still both so effective. Signed for slightly more at £1.2m but still very much value for money.

THE FIXTURES
3 games left in the run-in. 3 games to 1) secure promotion and 2) possibly pip West Ham to the title. There was big slump in February where it looked like I was doing an Arsenal-esque implosion. Changed the formation slightly and hired better coaches, had a couple of team meetings to improve morale/atmosphere and I think it paid off. During the slump I lost my grip on top spot but managed to reign it in to stay above the play-offs.
qtnpODx.png
Peterborough, Sheff Utd and Preston are 23rd, 17th, and 13th respectively.

West Ham's fixtures are Colchester, Brentford & Bolton, who are 22nd, 10th and 20th respectively.

I think they'll see it out but I will not be complaining should I get promoted automatically!

• Administrator

Promotion complete! didn't manage to get the title but finished in a comfortable 2nd!

2pooGOJ.png

Been given a fairly generous budget of £31m to start with...
ySHKtxz.png

So I got to the Premier League, not with the club I intended to but it's been a great challenge. Next challenge is to survive with Ipswich. Very likely that if a bigger job comes along I could be tempted...

• Administrator

Novemebr 2023 and now been offered the job of Wales manager xD 

Think I'll decline as it's still first season in PL with Ipswich and still facing up to that challenge in itself. 

My first lot of fixtures in the league were:

Leicester (H) - lost 1-0
Everton (A) - lost 2-0
Southampton (H) - lost 2-1
Tottenham (A) - lost 3-0
Man Utd (H) - drew 1-1 
West Ham (A) - lost 2-1
Chelsea (A) - lost 3-1
Man City (H) - lost 2-0
Arsenal (H) - won 1-0!! (they were top, I was bottom)

Since then, the form has changed. Through to the QFs of the EFL Cup after beating Brighton and Luton 3-1, then beating Sheff Weds on penalties.
West Brom (A) - won 1-0
Palace (A) - won 3-2
Liverpool (H) - drew 2-2

The advantage being that after facing all of the big teams in the first third of the season, I should have some winnable games against teams around me in the league. After the good run of form I'm 16th. 

• Administrator

just been taken over and life has just got better :D 

New board want to give me more money in the transfer market and have upped the transfer revenue back up to 100%. happy days!

• Administrator

following on from the update a couple of posts ago...

23-24.PNG

some fairly decent results there if I do say so myself. As you'll see below and based on my position and comparitive positions of the opposition, the pick of them being:
Newcastle 4-4 Ipswich
Southampton 2-5 Ipswich
Ipswich 1-0 Tottenham

and also not to mention the cup run which has led me to the League Cup final. An unexpected bonus along with being out of the relegation zone at this stage of the season. I'm playing Utd though xD !

Very tight at the bottom (apart from the bottom 2)

23-24table.PNG

• Administrator

well this season was fun! 

Managed to survive with consummate ease in the end. Knew 100% from 10th Feb to 10th March playing those teams it would be hell xD

Having said that, Rafa Mujica is a legend in his own right now. So reliable. You'll see below how much his value has risen after buying him for a paltry £475k. Top goalscorer in his first Premier League season. Great stuff. Great partnership with Jan Mlakar too (he was bought on a free and his value is £16.5m.

The Table:
23-24 table.PNG

The Fixtures/Results (since last update)
23-24 schedule.PNG

The Form:
23-24 form.PNG

The Top Goalscorers:
23-24 goals.PNG

The Assists
23-24 assists.PNG

The Star Player:
rafa mujica.PNG

• The title was changed to Stan - Sydney > Crewe > Ipswich> Leicester/England
  • Administrator

so time for an update!

9th Dec - hired as Leicester manager. A 'childhood dream' as Steam informs me to be offered the job of the club I support.

The Results (2024-25 season)
Terrible start to the tenure. Such an imbalanced squad (there were no players who could play defensive midfielder and no out-and-out strikers). Not ideal!
IkzNvxY.png
B7Sqqtp.png

Morale was terribly low as I tried to find a formation that worked with the players at my disposal.

January couldn't come quick enough and the 2 main signings I made were Sergio Diaz (striker) and Tiemoue Bakayoko just to add some steel to the midfield and give me a better option upfront. The most ridiculous of all was that Jadon Sancho was sitting in the reserves xD. Hauled him back in to the senior team and eventually he hit some form just at the right time at the end of the season.

The 3 final games were all against teams also in the relegation run in (I had dropped to joint 17th by the time the Arsenal game came around in April). It was pretty nerve-wracking going in to those final 3! That run though saved me and saved my skin. Relegation and that was a swift sacking no doubt. 

The Final Table (2024-25)
Dvb3rNu.png

Had to finish above my former club Ipswich otherwise it would've been very embarrassing. 

The 2025-26 Season
Off to a fucking flyer if I do say so myself.

Transfers IN:
Wt4iCGs.png

Some bargains in there especially the South American lot. Dobrik you'll see has hit the ground running for a 19 year old. Di Biasi is a decent winger; Vera a young goalkeeper and Acosta a wonderkid central midfielder.

The highlights of those signings being Ben Woodburn and Lewis Cook. Clearly talented and both have international experience. 

The guys I got rid of for some decent money were all unhappy at the club or wanted to go when said clubs came calling. On top of the money the board gave me it certainly helped.

The Results So Far
G7Aiy6x.png

A favourable fixture list for sure, no doubt. But you can only beat what's put in front of you and it's a good foundation for the tough fixtures to come.

The Table As It Stands
n15FJA5.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

What's weird is how similar the teams are to what it is in real life. 7 years on from the start of the game and the only differences are Norwich, Ipswich and Aston Villa in for Swansea, Brighton and West Ham.

• Administrator

Ended up finishing 5th so guaranteed European place. 

Also about to play in the World Cup. Rhian Brewster and Jadon Sancho really turn out well. As does Ben Woodburn but just a shame he plays for Wales! 

Liverpool's youngsters are really good on this game. They have a couple of players who are highly rated - Liam Coyle and Herbie Kane. Both in midfield if I recall correctly and I had them on my Crewe side. 

Will do a full proper update later this evening. 

• Administrator

update as promised!

Bit of change to the teams as @Dan mentioned. Brentford, Bristol City & Newcastle got promoted from The Championship and will replace the bottom 3 here. Everton were sublime.

25-26.PNG

My results

25-26 results1.PNG

25-26 results2.PNG
25-26 results3.PNG

Sadly some players saw the high life and wanted to leave pretty much after the season finished and I couldn't promise them anything to stay - Sergio Diaz, Daishawn Redan both have left. Lorenzo Pellegrini was wanted by Arsenal, rejected a bid, he got pissy so now waiting for him to be sold.

And the less said about the World Cup with England, the better. Knocked out in the group stage xD 

France vs Spain in the final. 
Germany vs Ivory Coast in the third place play-off.

• The title was changed to Stan - Sydney > Crewe > Ipswich> Leicester
  • The title was changed to Stan - Sydney > Crewe > Ipswich > Leicester > Lyon

Archived