talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Stan - Sydney > Crewe > Ipswich > Leicester > Lyon

football forum

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Interesting. I've never seen that either. Taking them all on?

100%. 

Some of the youngsters are only 14 as well so they must have some great potential.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Game vs Marseille.

3-3 in 73rd minute.
Make my third sub to chase the game.
LB gets injured. Go to 3 at the back.
Defensive mid gets injured so left with 1 midfielder.
Main striker gets injured.
Lose 4-3 in 93rd minute.

PSG next.

FML. 

• Administrator
15 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Have you got some assistant reports on potential ability? How many 4* etc.

reports.PNG

The top 2, along with Geoffrey Mareval are all 14.

Those top 4 could become sensational. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

reports.PNG

Stupid question. What's the difference between players with silver stars and those with gold stars (basically silver is ultra shitty at present compared to low gold stars)?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Stupid question. What's the difference between players with silver stars and those with gold stars (basically silver is ultra shitty at present compared to low gold stars)?

Kind of. 

So current ability for David Lemoine is 'low rating for the senior team'. Potential ability is the range of where they could reach; his is 'superb rating for the senior team - star player'

Going down to Rhys Ndzomo - current ability is 'very good rating for the youth team'. Potential ability for him is 'good rating - superb rating for the senior team'

16 minutes ago, Stan said:

reports.PNG

Wow. I thought my youth at Partizan was good because we usually get one four star player a year.

33 minutes ago, Stan said:

Kind of. 

So current ability for David Lemoine is 'low rating for the senior team'. Potential ability is the range of where they could reach; his is 'superb rating for the senior team - star player'

Going down to Rhys Ndzomo - current ability is 'very good rating for the youth team'. Potential ability for him is 'good rating - superb rating for the senior team'

Ah, that makes sense. Cheers for clearing that up.

I saw it on the PC version of FM17 and was unsure what the difference was.

• Administrator

well what a fucking season it's been!

If I finish 7th I should get a European spot because Monaco/PSG have won the domestic cups. 

I'm at home to Clermont and Montpellier are away at PSG, who are fighting for the title with Monaco.

Given at one point I was 18th only in December, had a grand total of 23 injuries since then (mostly in matches), got through to Europa League semi-finals, I think it's been pretty successful!

May 2028.PNG

• Administrator

Results since I took over. February by far the most successful month with all but one of 8 games seeing victory.

results1.PNG
results2.PNG
results3.PNG

Bit inconsistent after that but still did enough in all competitions to satisfy the board and get myself up the table out of danger and be a bit more competitive.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

I thought you'd comfortably qualify for europe after seeing the other table you posted. Injuries ruined that, I suppose.

yeah for sure. 

This is the injury list. Ridiculous amount. Especially so considering from mid-November to mid-January there were 2 games a week, and then the same again from end of Jan to late March. Had to draft in some of the Reserves who, thankfully, weren't too bad in terms of ability so could deputise accordingly.

Great thing I've noticed about squad rules is that the only limit on registrations is the amount of foreign players allowed and there's no limit on players overall.

• Administrator

as a side-note, Leicester won the Europa League, finished 11th in the league and have sacked Kasper Schmeichel after hiring him following my sacking xD 

• Administrator

Impressive. Not even the best teams have done this

el.PNG

and in my whole season one of my main strikers has scored 54 goals and got 15 assists in 44 games :o

strikers.PNG

Carbini I actually bought while at Leicester as well. 

• Administrator

So I've finally won my first major trophy! Woo hoo!

Europa League done and dusted with simplicity, culminating in a thrashing of Roma in the final. Stormed in to a 3-0 lead within 15 minutes and then it was just a case of seeing out the game and managing the game with good subs and not getting complacent (emphasised with the team-talk). Pre-season odds to win the competition were 25/1! Handed out some absolute rapings in the group stage. 8-2 and 9-1 wins against Anderlecht. Beat Olympiakos 13-2 in the knockout stage. Far too good for the competition and will be heavily tested in the Champions League. 

I qualified for the CL via the league finish of 3rd anyway and winning a trophy helped. I promised a few players that we'd win silverware/qualify for the Champions League so 2 birds killed with 1 stone there anyway.

Second half of the season was far too inconsistent for my liking. PSG and Monaco romped away after a stuttering start. Some freak results and goal-fests. The 6-5 loss against Monaco I went 4-0 down after 20 minutes I think xD 

28-291.PNG

28-292.PNG

28-293.PNG

28-294.PNG

As for the goals, they flowed and flowed. Only failed to score in ONE game. Joan got double the goals of the next best.

28-29goals.PNG

• Administrator

The reign of PSG and Monaco is over. For 16 years their superiority has told in either of them winning the league. Not any more!

Haven't won the title but have come so close this season. 

winners.PNG

29-30 table.PNG

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Guingamp bottom :o.

yep. finished that way after the last round of matches.

The usual suspects at the top all got Champions League football.

However, Nice and Bordeaux (5th and 6th respectively) both were denied European football as they couldn't get a license due to financial reasons :o. Therefore Rennes, Brest and RC Lens (7th, 8th, 9th) all got Europa League places instead xD

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Wtf indeed. xD

Did you keep your job?

yes mate, won the French Cup and qualified for CL which was main objective. 

My board are tight cunts though. Barely let me have any money each season so will find it difficult to compete with PSG/Monaco in long-term. Means I also have to be more stringent with transfers and look for bargains or sell players before buying. For last 2 seasons percentage of transfer revenue has stuck at 25% which is ridiculous. Only now in pre-season in 2030 have I been able to persuade them to up it to 50%. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

yes mate, won the French Cup and qualified for CL which was main objective. 

My board are tight cunts though. Barely let me have any money each season so will find it difficult to compete with PSG/Monaco in long-term. Means I also have to be more stringent with transfers and look for bargains or sell players before buying. For last 2 seasons percentage of transfer revenue has stuck at 25% which is ridiculous. Only now in pre-season in 2030 have I been able to persuade them to up it to 50%. 

Harsh as fuck. xD

Looking to move on if the right job comes up?

• Administrator
57 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Harsh as fuck. xD

Looking to move on if the right job comes up?

not sure. Quite enjoying it and I'd like to win the league before I do go. 

The next level of job would be an elite club but in order to get one of those, I'd have to win the league and/or Champions League. 

• Subscriber

Just seen your youth intake at Lyon. No surprise there. I was them once and they get absolutely brilliant youngsters. At Nantes I regularly had players come from my academy to first team. Fantastic set up in France.

I think you won the club over when you beat St Etienne 6-0. I've managed on both sides of that rivalry and my god they loved a pop at each other.

Archived