Sunday 29th October, 2017
Championship
Birmingham vs Aston Villa, 12.00

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Football League 2017/18 - 27-29 October 2017
  • Administrator

Leeds get a goal back out of nothing! Everything going down the right for Leeds. Cross comes in and Phillips is there to volley in just inside the area. 1-1. 

Just wanted to pop in and say how much I have enjoyed tonight's South Yorkshire Derby. After watching the excellent Sheffield derby a few weeks ago I was hopeful tonights game would be as good, and it sure was.

The Blades look to have found a winning formula with 3 at the back, yet another to follow Conte?

Super game great entertainment..... Makes you wonder why the TV contract for the Championship is so low, as it is as exciting as any Premier League game?

• Administrator
Just now, The Liquidator said:

Just wanted to pop in and say how much I have enjoyed tonight's South Yorkshire Derby. After watching the excellent Sheffield derby a few weeks ago I was hopeful tonights game would be as good, and it sure was.

The Blades look to have found a winning formula with 3 at the back, yet another to follow Conte?

Super game great entertainment..... Makes you wonder why the TV contract for the Championship is so low, as it is as exciting as any Premier League game?

why do people talk like Conte was the first ever manager to try 3 at the back?!

• Administrator
Just now, The Liquidator said:

I dont know, why do people talk like Premier League winning manager Conte who played 3 at the back before anyone else last season, was the first ever to play 3 at the back?

so we talking about last season only? Forgot football began then. 

Disappointed to lose. I didn't think we deserved that after the second half performance but credit to Sheffield United, they kept going and took the big chance that came their way. Have to say they were unlucky to go in at 1-1 HT because we really were poor.

Saiz was our best player. Everything went through him. Desperately unlucky not to score with that beautiful shot that smacked the post. Had we gone 2-1 up at that point, I'd really have fancied us because we were on top.

Phillips was very lucky to stay on the pitch. Have to say, if that was a Sheffield United player sliding in like that, I'd be shouting Red all day long.

All in all a solid game of Championship football. It had it's fair share of mistakes but was still quite entertaining for the neutral I'm sure. The atmosphere was a 'proper' atmosphere which I think contributed to how absorbing the game was. We've suffered heavy defeats at Cardiff and Wednesday but I'd say Sheffield United were the best team we've faced so far, more so on that first half performance. They really gave us a good going over.

They could really cause a big shock this year but it's a long old season. We'll be back. I think it's going to be as competitive a league this year as we've seen for a while. No runaway leaders.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

Love the Championship as a neutral. Sheffield United have been an absolute pleasure to watch each time I have seen them, that David Brooks looks like a cracking prospect. 

agree with this. Did well in the Sheffield derby as well. Great way to make your mark with the fans getting a winner in a Yorkshire derby.

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

Phillips was very lucky to stay on the pitch. Have to say, if that was a Sheffield United player sliding in like that, I'd be shouting Red all day long.

Glad you mentoned this as I forgot during the match. In real-time I didn't think it was that bad but replays showed it was late and could have been an ankle-breaker. I wonder what the ref and assistant saw to be honest as they're obviously much closer. 

3 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Jaap Stam can't have much longer left in the Reading job

What a shame it would be. Deluded baldy cunt that he is.

Listening to the Sunderland game today, they sound absolutely fucking woeful. The commentators sound fed up and the atmosphere is non existent. Not exactly surprising like. Brilliant stuff. 

• Subscriber

Every time I tell myself Wolves will eventually go and run away with it they go and lose to someone awful like QPR.

Sheffield United could go up again this year, and I hope they do, cannot knock them in any way.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived