talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2017/18 - 27-29 October 2017

football forum

Ours was shite and you can tell we miss Zohore, especially when you lump it long to Danny Ward and expect him to win headers against defenders half a foot taller than you.

0-0 was the deserved result for us Both today. Both had a couple of good chances. Both lumped it long all the time. Both were utter shite today and neither deserved to win.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way our season has gone normally means we get level and then the opposition beat us with the winner, this time we've managed to grab the winner and keep out the equaliser. Good win away at Preston, 3 points where normally we'd be coming back with a draw.

Been a poor game so far, best bit about it is the Birmingham fans hoying them awful clappers at the Villa players.

Hopefully Birmingham can find a goal from somewhere as they just seem piss poor in front of goal. Could see a late Villa winner in front of that away end again.

We've been on the end of poor officiating once again (the standard is really terrible in League One!!). Never a red card for Bennett for so called diving. He is as honest as they come - he did ride the foul but only because if he didn't would have got smashed! Once we went down to 10 men only a point was realistic, its just a shame the game was ruined by the referee. We were well worth a point even with 10 men (or 9 men for the last 5 mins due to injury!). Huge game now on Tuesday as its one of our games in hand, a win and we go 5th. 

Downing has been an inspired loan signing from MK Dons - in his first 5 games we have kept 5 clean sheets!!!

I personally am at the point where I couldn’t bring myself to watch yesterday I’m completely flat by Bruce. His style of play, his inability to recognise what’s happening on the pitch, his complete lack of a tactical plan. I’m broken after these last several years I can’t stir myself to care much now. 

He’s utterly out of his depth, I suspect what’s happening is similar to Di Matteo at Chelsea where the squad carries him home often enough. We are on paper the best in this league with a half decent manager we’d be walking it. Alas no we’re in the horrible situation where the squad is good enough to beat 70% of the league even without much of a plan or tactics so we lurch from 3-4 games with no win to a sudden good result and it buys him more time. We won’t be promoted Wolves was evidence of that, when faced with organised opposition Bruce crumples. 

It’s going to carry on till the end of the season we’ll be there or there about’s which pretty much anyone could do so he’ll keep his job, yet get found wanting in the playoffs. This season is like watching a car crash in slow motion, he makes me feel utterly depressed about the club. I want him gone so badly because he really is holding us back. 

18 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

Birmingham City's home support in their Derby games is always incredible. Everyone stood singing, such a contrast from any other game.

Usually always a good one for neutral this.

It’s all they live for they’re basically what’s left of Birmingham’s chav population they decline every year but once the Villa turn up they suddenly stir themselves. They’re a classy outfit to surrounding Doug Ellis’s car outside and chanting abuse at a bloke in his 90’s classy lot

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I personally am at the point where I couldn’t bring myself to watch yesterday I’m completely flat by Bruce. His style of play, his inability to recognise what’s happening on the pitch, his complete lack of a tactical plan. I’m broken after these last several years I can’t stir myself to care much now. 

He’s utterly out of his depth, I suspect what’s happening is similar to Di Matteo at Chelsea where the squad carries him home often enough. We are on paper the best in this league with a half decent manager we’d be walking it. Alas no we’re in the horrible situation where the squad is good enough to beat 70% of the league even without much of a plan or tactics so we lurch from 3-4 games with no win to a sudden good result and it buys him more time. We won’t be promoted Wolves was evidence of that, when faced with organised opposition Bruce crumples. 

It’s going to carry on till the end of the season we’ll be there or there about’s which pretty much anyone could do so he’ll keep his job, yet get found wanting in the playoffs. This season is like watching a car crash in slow motion, he makes me feel utterly depressed about the club. I want him gone so badly because he really is holding us back. 

It’s all they live for they’re basically what’s left of Birmingham’s chav population they decline every year but once the Villa turn up they suddenly stir themselves. They’re a classy outfit to surrounding Doug Ellis’s car outside and chanting abuse at a bloke in his 90’s classy lot

Aye you do get that impression. Reminds me of someone that plays in red and white stripes not too far from us. 

Although I do rate their away support, up here last season they were quality.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived