Eibar vs Levante, 17.30
Malaga vs Celta Vigo, 19.45

Monday 30th October
Espanyol vs Real Betis, 20.00
Las Palmas vs Deportivo La Coruna, 20.00

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atletico are doomed this season. The new stadium is going to kill their season as it's not a fortress, just a random stadium. The Calderon was an absolute fortress and it will take a long time before this new stadium of theirs is anywhere near that. It's the same as the new san mames. It's not the fortress that the old San Mames was. But now I have said that, Athetlic will win against Barcelona now :ph34r:.

Looking back now, I actually think Barcelona drawing with Atletico at the "wanda" was a poor result. Should have beaten them as they were there for the taking.

29 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Atletico are doomed this season. The new stadium is going to kill their season as it's not a fortress, just a random stadium. The Calderon was an absolute fortress and it will take a long time before this new stadium of theirs is anywhere near that. It's the same as the new san mames. It's not the fortress that the old San Mames was. But now I have said that, Athetlic will win against Barcelona now :ph34r:.

Looking back now, I actually think Barcelona drawing with Atletico at the "wanda" was a poor result. Should have beaten them as they were there for the taking.

Under normal circumstances it wouldn't have been the worst result in the world but considering how bad Villarreal have started this campaign, then this is awful and whatever is going on, it's something serious.

49 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Valencia are in great form so far. With no Champions league, or even Europa league to contend with, could they keep this challenge up until the end?

Yep...  Brilliant from Valencia right now and their confidence is riding high which is a big part of their positive results so far this season.  Plus they have very talented players that Marcelino is getting the most from.

30 minutes ago, Cicero said:

@The Rebel CRS @SirBalon What the hell happened to Muniain? Since 2012 you and I have been buzzing over him. Predicted he'd be an international regular by now and one of the best in Europe. 

Had him at 90 rating in fifa 13 

Muniain started this season very well and looked the best he has for a while, then he ended up with another serious injury. They say he won't be back until April or so next year! That's after he was out for 7 months with another injury not too long ago. Injuries have fucked him.

It's a shame as he was once dubbed the "Spanish Messi", and while he was never going to be that level, he was the closest young player Spain had at the time in terms of style.

He is still only 24 though, so if he could stay away from injuries when he next comes back, then he can still be a key man for Athletic.

21 minutes ago, Cicero said:

@The Rebel CRS @SirBalon What the hell happened to Muniain? Since 2012 you and I have been buzzing over him. Predicted he'd be an international regular by now and one of the best in Europe. 

Had him at 90 rating in fifa 13 

As Rebel said... Muniaín started the season on fire and was one of the in form players in La Liga before he got another serious injury. 

Iñaki Williams is on fire and what Messi just missed is unique for his standards! :o

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

As Rebel said... Muniaín started the season on fire and was one of the in form players in La Liga before he got another serious injury. 

Iñaki Williams is on fire and what Messi just missed is unique for his standards! 

That would have been a brilliant goal that as well and the easy part was actually putting it into the net(after walking around Kepa with ease), how could you miss after doing all that?

3 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Class first half. There could have been more goals, but what is important is winning as Athletic themselves could have had a couple.

Ter Stegen made a couple of miraculous saves at the start. 

football forum
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

The one to his left from Aduriz was stunning - worth every penny is Marc.

1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Messi forms a better understanding with Brazilians than he does with Argentines.

Ronaldinho, Dani Alves, Neymar, Paulinho....

Yes, I think he and Dani Alves had great chemistry. Barcelona struggled last season, and part of the reason was not having a strong right flank combination like Messi and Alves. I don't think anyone anticipated that Paulinho would bring it back, but it happened and Valverde is a capable coach and is taking advantage of it. On Neymar, I think we discussed it a lot I and @SirBalon , but I think he is just too wasteful on possession and slowed the game. As a team, imo, Barça looks stronger without him.

51 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He's been the man of the match today. Class yet again. That save then especially was brilliant and will prove as vital as the goal if everything stays like this after 90 minutes.

35 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Yes, I think he and Dani Alves had great chemistry. Barcelona struggled last season, and part of the reason was not having a strong right flank combination like Messi and Alves. I don't think anyone anticipated that Paulinho would bring it back, but it happened and Valverde is a capable coach and is taking advantage of it. On Neymar, I think we discussed it a lot I and @SirBalon , but I think he is just too wasteful on possession and slowed the game. As a team, imo, Barça looks stronger without him.

Yeah he did used to fanny around with the ball too much but I thought he was improving his overall game and decision making.

I don't share the opinion that losing him was the biggest disaster in the world though. Losing Messi would be a disaster, Neymar can be replaced and it'll be interesting to see what Dembele brings to the side when he returns.

48 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Paulinho brings something to Barça’s midfield that I have never witnessed them having it in all the years I’ve been following them and that’s a lot of years.

As for the departure of Neymar... The way Barcelona approach games and set them out was always going to be different without Neymar. Big clubs always arrive at a moment when they have to make a transition and evolve as that is the nature of the game. I think that what hurt Barça more with the departure of Neymar was his worth as a marketing tool in the Americas and some other parts.

But football wise, Barcelona are more balanced without him. I have a feeling today’s game would’ve been lost at the San Mamés because of the methods Ziganda set the team out for the second period. There would’ve been massive holes in midfield. 

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

The one to his left from Aduriz was stunning - worth every penny is Marc.

30 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

He's been the man of the match today. Class yet again. That save then especially was brilliant and will prove as vital as the goal if everything stays like this after 90 minutes.

He made another one from an Aduriz header down low to Ter Stegen’s right post. His reflexes are tremendous and we all know about his ball skills with his feet. He does make silly errors from time to time but for me that’s got to do with age as keepers mature much later and last a hell of a lot longer than out field players. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived