talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 10 Fixtures - 28-30 October 2017

football forum

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neuer is the definite number one, and Ter Stegen is playing a lot at the moment because of Neuer's injury. 

Löw is stoic, and Neuer is exactly the kind of character he likes. So there won't be any changes. 

Just now, The Rebel CRS said:

I thought he was even starting to slowly become number 1 even before Neuer's injury, but I could be wrong. He has been starting most of their matches for the last year or so though now either way.

Yeah, I could be wrong on that one too.  I think he was number 1 for the Confederations Cup, but Germany took almost a second string to that anyhow.

15 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Infact I don't see it as out of sorts to make a claim for Marc-André ter Stegen on the number one spot for the Germany national team.  I don't think Manuel Neuer has anything on him. @BartraPique1932

Manuel Neuer is stiller better at decision making. His timing on when to come out and intercept is almost perfect.

Stegen has even better technique and better reflexes, because he's younger. But right now Neuer is our #1.

Who knows whether it will stay like this though? Neuer is out for almost 10 months. It's hard to come back after such a long time.

1 minute ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Stegen has even better technique and better reflexes

Reflexes are more elastic when you're younger for sure on a keeper, but technique is a different skill set and if he's superior to Neuer on that, it has nothing to do with age mate.

On the ball no keeper is as good as him anywhere, and his overall keeping has come a long way in the past three years.  He is much more mature now and that has cut out some errors...  As the years go by he'll eliminate silly decisions because that's what happens and unless he takes a strange downturn for some ridiculous reason, I can see him being amongst the best for many years.

21 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Reflexes are more elastic when you're younger for sure on a keeper, but technique is a different skill set and if he's superior to Neuer on that, it has nothing to do with age mate.

On the ball no keeper is as good as him anywhere, and his overall keeping has come a long way in the past three years.  He is much more mature now and that has cut out some errors...  As the years go by he'll eliminate silly decisions because that's what happens and unless he takes a strange downturn for some ridiculous reason, I can see him being amongst the best for many years.

Sure, I didn't try to say he's got better technique, because he's younger. I was refering to the better reflexes only.

Anyway, I'm eager to learn more about ter Stegen's technical abilities. Were there any notable scenes lately? Video compilations would be great.

This is what I've seen so far:

11 hours ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Sure, I didn't try to say he's got better technique, because he's younger. I was refering to the better reflexes only.

Anyway, I'm eager to learn more about ter Stegen's technical abilities. Were there any notable scenes lately? Video compilations would be great

This one below was last night away to Athletic Bilbao

This second video some of the things he's done this season and on 1:51 we see what no other keeper can do like him on a consistent scale.  There are many top division midfielders in some of Europe's best leagues that don't pass as well as him.

20 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Who would of thought after the classico in August, Barca would be 8 points clear come November 

Do you still think Ronaldo deserves to win an award in December, based on 12 months in all competitions, due to 3/4 games in one competition?

The only individual award he has deserved this year(well last season), is the Champions league player/forward of the tournament and that's it mate.

7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

This one below was last night away to Athletic Bilbao

He's among Barcelona's 3 most important players now and was also that last season.

I always knew he's become a top class keeper for the club, but he's even exceeding my expectations. You can always count on the top German keepers though.

GIRONA FC 2-1 REAL MADRID CF (FT)

:o

xD

I had a feeling Girona would win to be honest. I expected them to beat Barcelona as well. They just seem to know how to beat the big teams at home and are yet another newly promoted side who are making life very difficult for any big side who goes there. Giant Killers.

15 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

He's among Barcelona's 3 most important players now and was also that last season.

I always knew he's become a top class keeper for the club, but he's even exceeding my expectations. You can always count on the top German keepers though.

I had a feeling Girona would win to be honest. I expected them to beat Barcelona as well. They just seem to know how to beat the big teams at home and are yet another newly promoted side who are making life very difficult for any big side who goes there. Giant Killers.

Yeah, Girona seem to pull something out from within to compete against the top sides.  Even if they lose, they certainly compete!

In respects of analysing Real Madrid...  This is the strangest thing ever because even though the Supercopa de España results were overboard and you always knew it was going to be competitive anyway once the domestic season started, nobody could've foreseen anything like this.  You also have to look at some other victories they've had which have been done by the skin of their teeth or in the case of the Eibar result last weekend, that scoreline doesn't tell the whole story of what could've been.  But then again Real Madrid were like this in the first half of last season!  How many games was it that they won in injury-time mostly with Sergio Ramos goals amongst others?  If I remember rightly in the first half of the campaign there were 6 games like that and the difference between making 18 points or 6 is MASSIVE!  They've got some extremely talented players, especially the younger ones, but something isn't clicking right now and they're dropping games all over the place when you least expect it.

As for Ter Stegen...  A master stroke by Andoni Zubizarreta before he was ousted by this board.  He'd been following him for three years.  It was no decision made one summer at all and was very measured.

Another thing...  For all of Atlético Madrid's woes right now, they're on exactly the same points as Real Madrid (20 points) with the same games played (10 games)...  Sevilla are one point behind on 19 points with 10 games played.  There's a picture being painted right now in La Liga which throws many theories down the drain and this is due to the fact it is competitive because those points being dropped are points when least expected.

1. Barça 28 points (10 games)

2. Valencia 24 points (10 games)

3. Real Madrid 20 points (10 games)

4. Atlético 20 points (10 games)

5. Sevilla 19 points (10 games)

Yeah, I thought Real were going to win everything this year, or atleast come close to doing so. But as you did mention, they won a lot of games due to late goals last year. They certainly didn't boss every team off the park like they did in the Super Cup and won a lot of games in a similar manner to United under Fergie and in my opinion you can't keep grinding results out in that fashion forever as it becomes more and more difficult. Zidane was also able to rest literally his whole strongest starting 11 and still win games, but losing players such as Morata and James now means they don't have that luxury, despite still having a very strong and deep squad.

I wonder what @Teso dos Bichos has to say about all this? As he seems quiet.

14 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

La Liga/Barcelona got exactly what they wanted by not moving this dangerous and intimidating game due to security! the real madrid players were probably not worried about the game at all as long as they came out okay (the rebels are sick/vile people!!!!)

Everything about the game went as normal and nothing intimidating occurred at all. Real Madrid played as per usual this season, only this time ot didn’t work out right and they lost like when Betis visited the Bernabéu. 

Some stats do matter like this one:

The trio of Casemiro, Modrić and Kroos, today lost 40 balls between them in Montilivi against Girona.

That’s something that tends to happen in Copa del Rey games when one of the two big boys play a third division side. 

What's with Las Palmas? ANother loss tonight, this time at home to Deportivo 3-1.

I know they lost players in the summer but a side with the likes of Viera, Samper, Vitolo and Remy should be doing a lot  better. They have a comfortably better team than sides above them such as Deportivo, Eibar, Girona, Levante, Getafe and Leganes(although Leganes are doing very well) and they should be doing better if you ask me.

11 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

What's with Las Palmas? ANother loss tonight, this time at home to Deportivo 3-1.

I know they lost players in the summer but a side with the likes of Viera, Samper, Vitolo and Remy should be doing a lot  better. They have a comfortably better team than sides above them such as Deportivo, Eibar, Girona, Levante, Getafe and Leganes(although Leganes are doing very well) and they should be doing better if you ask me.

For me the reason is Quíque Setién mate.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived