talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder part company with Alex Nouri

• Subscriber

As expected. Feel sorry for him, still think he's a very talented coach, but this has been a truly horrendous season so far and that's how the football industry works... No infos about his successor as of yet, but we'll probably go for the cheap internal solution for the third time in a row and promote Kohfeldt :censored:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

No, not until the whole management board sack themselves too. This has been going for around 10 years now, it's the coach who's always the first to face the consequences, but as we know, a fish always rots from the head down...

Kohfeldt takes over team training as an interim solution until Friday match.

With the names being mentioned I am already scared.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

That list looks indeeding shocking. You must hope they have someone else in mind.

I barely have any hopes about the future of the club anymore, to be honest. With our financial resources (or rather the willingness of the board to use it), I have no one in mind who could be an awe-inspiring solution, and most of the more decent coaches would probably still reject us due to lack of vision and prospect in the club as a whole.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

When I looked at that list I shuddered, there must be better alternatives out there. Wondering whether Dirk Schuster is in consideration and if not, why?

So far I have only seen Schuster's name being mentioned in a few fan forums. Most seem to be opposed to the idea due to the style of football he prefers.

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Maybe the new coach Florian Bruns will bring him back to Werder.

xD wrong decision to let him go, in my opinion, but Freiburg are not doing any better with him as a co-trainer either... Nah, it's going to be Kohfeldt or Labbadia xD 

11 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Werder are basically Sunderland, aren't they? 

In what sense?

42 minutes ago, nudge said:

xD wrong decision to let him go, in my opinion, but Freiburg are not doing any better with him as a co-trainer either... Nah, it's going to be Kohfeldt or Labbadia xD 

In what sense?

Sack manager because they're struggling, stay up under new manager, that manager starts the following season poorly, then gets sacked because they're struggling and the cycle just goes round again. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Smiley Culture said:

Sack manager because they're struggling, stay up under new manager, that manager starts the following season poorly, then gets sacked because they're struggling and the cycle just goes round again. 

No, that's basically what Hamburg have been doing for years :ph34r: We must have caught the same virus haha.

• Subscriber

Haha just imagine Tuchel in Bremen xD I'm not a fan of his personality, but it would be a brilliant change from the Kuschelkurs of the last two decades... 

Would love Favre too.

Sadly, neither will happen.

Archived