talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Away Fan Watch

football forum

• Subscriber

We were disappointing at Atletico for me. Given the scale of the game, nowhere near enough were involved vocally.

Pre-match there was a good atmosphere although it's well documented it turned very sour. But that's for another thread.

I thought we were alright at Palace actually, but we're normally quite good there.

Hoping for big things at West Brom in two weeks. We're always good there.

• The topic was pinned
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missed West Ham so can't comment on the amount of times they sang their song about blowing Bubbles. They have the worst songbook in the league.

Spurs were decent though, don't think they quite sold out but it was a Sunday and their furthest fixture. Again I'm not a big fan of their songbook, they same to sing the same thing over and over.

Stoke were shocking though. As mentioned in the past I sit just beneath the away fans and normally they're loud but Stoke just weren't. Thought they might've brought more than 1400 considering they get free travel as well. Think they sang about 3 times and one of them was having a go at our atmosphere even though for once it was actually decent. Weird bunch.

Unrelated but it's disgusting the way sky have shafted us. Huddersfield, Swansea and Brighton all moved to Sunday's. Our next two away games Southampton (Sunday game) and Burnley (Monday night) both shifted too. Man United away the game after moved to the 5:30pm game on the Saturday but that's fine.  Watford away on November 25th is our first 3pm Saturday away game. Wankers.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Any O'Brien said:

Missed West Ham so can't comment on the amount of times they sang their song about blowing Bubbles. They have the worst songbook in the league.

Spurs were decent though, don't think they quite sold out but it was a Sunday and their furthest fixture. Again I'm not a big fan of their songbook, they same to sing the same thing over and over.

Stoke were shocking though. As mentioned in the past I sit just beneath the away fans and normally they're loud but Stoke just weren't. Thought they might've brought more than 1400 considering they get free travel as well. Think they sang about 3 times and one of them was having a go at our atmosphere even though for once it was actually decent. Weird bunch.

Unrelated but it's disgusting the way sky have shafted us. Huddersfield, Swansea and Brighton all moved to Sunday's. Our next two away games Southampton (Sunday game) and Burnley (Monday night) both shifted too. Man United away the game after moved to the 5:30pm game on the Saturday but that's fine.  Watford away on November 25th is our first 3pm Saturday away game. Wankers.

someone at Sky must be a Sunderland fan xD 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Any O'Brien said:

It's a joke like, always been utter cunts though. Obviously the odd game is going to get moved but they shouldn't take the piss with it. And should consider distance that will be travelled. 

yeah it's pathetic as fans are the last thing they think of when moving games. Well, fans in this country anyway. There's always the need to please the fans in Asia or America sadly at the expense of actual fans here who go to games and inconvenience them. 

Didn't they move Plymouth vs Newcastle (or vice versa) to a Monday night a few seasons ago?

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

yeah it's pathetic as fans are the last thing they think of when moving games. Well, fans in this country anyway. There's always the need to please the fans in Asia or America sadly at the expense of actual fans here who go to games and inconvenience them. 

Didn't they move Plymouth vs Newcastle (or vice versa) to a Monday night a few seasons ago?

Yep you've hit the nail on the head.

And it was Plymouth v Newcastle, the longest trip in English Football moved to a Monday night. To make it worse it was the day we won the league so loads missed out. We still sold it out but loads who went regularly, myself included, couldn't go.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Any O'Brien said:

Yep you've hit the nail on the head.

And it was Plymouth v Newcastle, the longest trip in English Football moved to a Monday night. To make it worse it was the day we won the league so loads missed out. We still sold it out but loads who went regularly, myself included, couldn't go.

that's shit. forgot it was the day you won the league as well. 

it wouldn't surprise me if games are moved to Sunday 11am (like in Italy) before too long to suit the far east contingent. Big Chinese investment in the Milan clubs has influenced that probably. Or maybe even kickoffs at about 12-1pm during the week while everyone is at work xD 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

that's shit. forgot it was the day you won the league as well. 

it wouldn't surprise me if games are moved to Sunday 11am (like in Italy) before too long to suit the far east contingent. Big Chinese investment in the Milan clubs has influenced that probably. Or maybe even kickoffs at about 12-1pm during the week while everyone is at work xD 

Nothing would surprise me the way the league is already going. Wasn't there talk of games being at 11am a few years back? The fact they considered having an extra game every season abroad summed it up really.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

Piss poor that, I know you're quite well supported but that's excessive, especially for such bastard journeys too.

• 1 month later...
  • The topic was unpinned
  • 3 months later...

Archived