talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday 4 (Group H) - Wednesday 1st November, 2017

Dortmund should be embarrassed!  If there wasn't enough incentive to compete against anyone then I don't know what.  But to not beat APOEL with the possibilities is a shambles.  I'm pissed off!

But as for Real Madrid.... xD

Well done Spurs and well done Pochettino because it didn't take 20 years to beat the elite.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Dan said:

Could see it a mile off. It's hard to deny that Spurs are a very, very good side now.

And yet I think they're going to end the season trophyless again.

Not winning anything, in as many ways as possible, is the reason both Tottenham and Pochettino exist.

2 hours ago, Blue said:

If he was German, people would be wanking over him.

2 hours ago, Blue said:

If he was German, people would be wanking over him.

True that. He's better than average. Not world class but very good. Some football fans seem to think if you're not world class you're shit and there is no inbetween

1 hour ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Didn't think Spurs played that well to be honest, which shows how bad Real Madrid were. Time to sack Zidane and bring Simon Grayson in I think.

Maybe big sam might finally get his chance. He needs to change his name to samielle allardyciona though because apparently he can't get a job in Spain because his name doesn't sound right.

Fancied Spurs last night I must admit, Madrid have had some shocking results recently. Definitely think Zidane is on borrowed time now, doesn't deserve to go after the last few seasons they've had but their owner takes no shit.

1 hour ago, Toony said:

Fancied Spurs last night I must admit, Madrid have had some shocking results recently. Definitely think Zidane is on borrowed time now, doesn't deserve to go after the last few seasons they've had but their owner takes no shit.

It's bad really isn't it though. No club can stay at the top all the time. When you look at Madrid's finances they have under acheived over the years. Maybe if they stuck with managers longer they would have done more.

30 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It's bad really isn't it though. No club can stay at the top all the time. When you look at Madrid's finances they have under acheived over the years. Maybe if they stuck with managers longer they would have done more.

12 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Dortmund should be embarrassed!  If there wasn't enough incentive to compete against anyone then I don't know what.  But to not beat APOEL with the possibilities is a shambles.  I'm pissed off!

But as for Real Madrid.... xD

Well done Spurs and well done Pochettino because it didn't take 20 years to beat the elite.

Thats because Dortmund have such average players and clearly a striker that does not want to be there,  I cannot believe players like Gotze is there, he is like the German equivalent of Charisteas for just scoring in a final,   Bosz will probably get sacked soon as Dutch coaches do not work anymore, something is broken in their football,  nearly ever club now has sacked their Dutch coach even Saudi Arabia got shot of Van Marwijk who qualified easy for the world cup. 

19 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Thats because Dortmund have such average players and clearly a striker that does not want to be there,  I cannot believe players like Gotze is there, he is like the German equivalent of Charisteas for just scoring in a final,   Bosz will probably get sacked soon as Dutch coaches do not work anymore, something is broken in their football,  nearly ever club now has sacked their Dutch coach even Saudi Arabia got shot of Van Marwijk who qualified easy for the world cup. 

There is no excuse for BvB... The position they found themselves in and considering the situation Real are going through recently. If they can’t beat APOEL for a saving lifeline which would’ve actually put them in a beneficial position, then it’s beyond embarrassment. Being harsh sometimes doesn’t mean you’re taking a cheap whack at something or someone!

As for Bosz... For me he’s a fantastic coach. He went to BvB at the wrong time. Stupid decision but understandable. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There is no excuse for BvB... The position they found themselves in and considering the situation Real are going through recently. If they can’t beat APOEL for a saving lifeline which would’ve actually put them in a beneficial position, then it’s beyond embarrassment. Being harsh sometimes doesn’t mean you’re taking a cheap whack at something or someone!

As for Bosz... For me he’s a fantastic coach. He went to BvB at the wrong time. Stupid decision but understandable. 

Well maybe he did go there at the wrong time,  I do rate him highly as a coach but just doesnt seem to be getting his point across to these players, does not help also when the defence is awful and awfully slow when you are trying to play this high pressing game,  midfield also is very average as well. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Impressed with Winks. Poch's patience with Youth and the academy is admirable. 

Pochettino has done more for England's side than any manager in my lifetime.

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

Pochettino has done more for England's side than any manager in my lifetime.

He's clearly trying to claim the Falklands by leaving a reward ;) 

3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Yeah thats why he would be a perfect fit for United. A coach that doesnt trust their youth will play a defender as a midfielder instead of coach who trust his youth and plays a  young midfielder like McTominay (first European start)  

Or puts Zouma in midfield against Spurs in the league cup final 2015. 

3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

wasnt the final score 2-0 in favour of Mourinho's team? 2-0 Thats Wegner's record vs conte on final/shield.

Let me repeat myself, PLAYED a youth midfielder (debut for Europe) haha continue wanking over that youngster conte played in the cup. 😂

Talk about Wanking xD

McTominay debuted in a dead game in which United have already qualified and Benfica had nothing to play for. 

Wow. Nailed on this lad breaks into the first team under Mourinho. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived