talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thursday 2nd November - Matchday 4 (Group E)

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMike said:

No way Unsworth is getting it until the end of the season unfortunately is there?

Nope, apparently that decision was made very early on. Shame for him as he's been given shite fixtures to try and show improvements and apart from poor tactics in the first half at Leicester he's pretty much been an innocent party.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Apparently Allardyce wants a long contract and to bring 15 sports scientists with him or some bullshit. I was hoping he was gone for good after that Palace spell. I'd be sick in my mouth at him getting any job let alone at my fucking club.

The only manager I detest more than Allardyce is Redknapp. Sacked by England for being the corrupt cunt he probably always has been. You can smell brown envelopes on him through the tele.

Genuinely hard to say whether I'd rather see us relegated or face the prospect of Fat Sam managing Everton for at least the rest of the season.

football forum
10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Oh how I wish Halewood Toffee would join this forum now :rofl:

Hopefully his taxi's on fire.

Cunt.

football forum
35 minutes ago, Stan said:

Can we have Steve Walsh back now?

Steve Walsh isn't the problem, the players he has identified aren't the problem it's the fact that we spunked millions on players of the same ilk. That's down to the manager, not Steve. People are just wanting to point as many fingers at as many people as possible and at this rate even the Toffee Girl isn't safe on Sunday against Watford. 

Oh, and @LFCMadLad, go fuck yourself. xD:x

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Steve Walsh isn't the problem, the players he has identified aren't the problem it's the fact that we spunked millions on players of the same ilk. That's down to the manager, not Steve. People are just wanting to point as many fingers at as many people as possible and at this rate even the Toffee Girl isn't safe on Sunday against Watford. 

yeah but can we have him back anyway? Before you totally ruin him.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

I do think it's a different ball game altogether for him signing players with your budget and expectations against what we were aiming for. How would your fans have reacted to signing a midfielder from Caen for £5mil this summer for your first team after all the big spending talk?

It's a truly bizarre squad balance mind. How it's allowed to get to that state I have no idea.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Dan said:

I do think it's a different ball game altogether for him signing players with your budget and expectations against what we were aiming for. How would your fans have reacted to signing a midfielder from Caen for £5mil this summer for your first team after all the big spending talk?

It's a truly bizarre squad balance mind. How it's allowed to get to that state I have no idea.

I've heard conflicting views over which signings were Koeman and which were Walsh but what I can tell you is that Everton fans thought we were getting Walsh exactly for signings like that. If they want someone to come in and say "I don't know if you've heard of them but Sigurdsson, Pickford and Keane are quite good" they can pay me for it.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I've heard conflicting views over which signings were Koeman and which were Walsh but what I can tell you is that Everton fans thought we were getting Walsh exactly for signings like that. If they want someone to come in and say "I don't know if you've heard of them but Sigurdsson, Pickford and Keane are quite good" they can pay me for it.

Looking at his record here, I'd be inclined to say that Gueye, Calvert-Lewin and Sandro were Walsh signings. Gueye was without a shadow of a doubt. He wanted Gueye for us to replace Kante and Ranieri went with Mendy (after being convinced to go for Kante over Mendy the summer before), and I'm convinced that's part of the reason he left.

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, Dan said:

Looking at his record here, I'd be inclined to say that Gueye, Calvert-Lewin and Sandro were Walsh signings. Gueye was without a shadow of a doubt. He wanted Gueye for us to replace Kante and Ranieri went with Mendy (after being convinced to go for Kante over Mendy the summer before), and I'm convinced that's part of the reason he left.

I think you're right. I've heard Klaassen is one of his as well surprisingly.

It also came out recently that Walsh had us all set to sign Belfodil in January before Koeman blocked it at the last minute. These are all stories I've heard off my mother who says they are reliable sources but who knows the truth of it.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I think you're right. I've heard Klaassen is one of his as well surprisingly.

It also came out recently that Walsh had us all set to sign Belfodil in January before Koeman blocked it at the last minute. These are all stories I've heard off my mother who says they are reliable sources but who knows the truth of it.

It reeks to me of a poor relationship between the management and the recruitment. Almost a mentality of "OK, if you can have player A, then I can have player B", that kind of thing that screams poor organisation.

I think Walsh is more suited to what he did here. Head of recruitment at a smaller club with less expectations. When you talk up having that kind of money to spend, you're immediately going to be expected to spend on bigger, more established players to the extent that Walsh's talent is likely wasted.

The three I named aren't quite Vardy Kante Mahrez but they're all pound for pound good signings and that's what he was about here. A real attempt to create something that added up to way over the sum of its parts.

Whereas like you said, players like Sigurdsson, Keane and Pickford literally anyone on here could've picked out.

Weird team to start with. Leaving so many at home in a game we have to win was baffling and playing Sigurdsson the furtherst forward was even worse. Still, at least he was in the middle which is a start. 

The stupid decisions are even creeping into Pickford now which is worrying. He's been by far our best player this season so hopefully it doesn't keep happening. 

Great trip though, even if the French police tried to ruin it, again. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived