talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thursday 2nd November - Matchday 4 (Group H)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Might not win this if Red Star go for it. If they just sit back then they're not taking advantage of the weak defence and midfield.

I know the first team is having a lot of success with this three back formation, but we clearly don't have the players for it with our second string so I don't understand why he persists with it? Wenger seriously lacks any sort of tactical fluidity.

18 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I know the first team is having a lot of success with this three back formation, but we clearly don't have the players for it with our second string so I don't understand why he persists with it? Wenger seriously lacks any sort of tactical fluidity.

This game isn't that important and the players get used to the formation we usually play if they ever need to step in. It's what any sensible manager would use this fixture for to be honest.

• Administrator

Red Star have shown glimpses of quality and could, maybe should, be ahead. Macey made a brilliant save from a point-blank header. 

Arsenal aren't getting enough men forward. It's Giroud and Walcott and then maybe Wilshere with 1 or 2 others. They're playing like the away team on their own pitch.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Red Star have shown glimpses of quality and could, maybe should, be ahead. Macey made a brilliant save from a point-blank header. 

Arsenal aren't getting enough men forward. It's Giroud and Walcott and then maybe Wilshere with 1 or 2 others. They're playing like the away team on their own pitch.

It's because we are playing 3 at the back when it doesn't fit the players on the pitch. You seriously need width and we have two players who aren't wingbacks playing there, including a left wingback who isn't even left footed... We are also playing 3 at the back with one natural CB. xD

Plus you need someone who is actually progressive in midfield, Willock is okay but just an all-round average player and Coquelin is just complete garbage. We seriously need a midfielder clear-out and revamp.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived