talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sergio Aguero becomes Manchester City's all-time top scorer

Sergio Aguero expressed both joy and relief after becoming Manchester City's all-time top goalscorer on Wednesday.

Aguero netted his 178th goal for the club in a 4-2 win over Napoli in the Champions League, taking him past Eric Brook's long-standing record.

The Argentina international joined Nicolas Otamendi, John Stones and Raheem Sterling on the scoresheet as City booked their place in the knockout stages.

Aguero said on BT Sport 2: "I am very happy for this moment, I am happy because the team offered support to me and the fans and all of the staff, so I must say thank you to everyone.

"I am enjoying this moment, I am very happy, this moment has been a long time coming."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/sergio-aguero-becomes-manchester-city-all-time-top-scorer-with-178-goals-a3674176.html

It amazes me how many people still chat shit about Aguero despite him holding all the Premier League records and now is our all time top goal scorer too and done it playing 4 seasons less then Eric Brook, the guy is a goal machine!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Sergio Aguero expressed both joy and relief after becoming Manchester City's all-time top goalscorer on Wednesday.

Aguero netted his 178th goal for the club in a 4-2 win over Napoli in the Champions League, taking him past Eric Brook's long-standing record.

The Argentina international joined Nicolas Otamendi, John Stones and Raheem Sterling on the scoresheet as City booked their place in the knockout stages.

Aguero said on BT Sport 2: "I am very happy for this moment, I am happy because the team offered support to me and the fans and all of the staff, so I must say thank you to everyone.

"I am enjoying this moment, I am very happy, this moment has been a long time coming."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/sergio-aguero-becomes-manchester-city-all-time-top-scorer-with-178-goals-a3674176.html

It amazes me how many people still chat shit about Aguero despite him holding all the Premier League records and now is our all time top goal scorer too and done it playing 4 seasons less then Eric Brook, the guy is a goal machine!

By the way mate you ever sleep? You post late post early

22 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Yep, 6pm to midnight 

Ah right. Anyway back to your point. People will always find ways to slag players of if they want to. It's like when kel use to say Henry wasn't a top player because he didn't score in the finals he played in

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Ah right. Anyway back to your point. People will always find ways to slag players of if they want to. It's like when kel use to say Henry wasn't a top player because he didn't score in the finals he played in

Henry is defo in the top 3 strikers to play in the prem, amazing player

• Administrator

Well this isn't true. Who holds the record for most goals in consecutive games ;)?  

Having said that, Aguero is one of my favourite strikers in the league. He has the talent to finish with both feet, either through placement or power, decent with his head. His movement is ridiculously good as well, nightmare for defenders. He is to Man City what Henry was for Arsenal all those years ago. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Well this isn't true. Who holds the record for most goals in consecutive games ;)?  

Having said that, Aguero is one of my favourite strikers in the league. He has the talent to finish with both feet, either through placement or power, decent with his head. His movement is ridiculously good as well, nightmare for defenders. He is to Man City what Henry was for Arsenal all those years ago. 

Most the records then :D  ...who's got the consecutive, Vardy?

• Administrator

Most the records then :D  ...who's got the consecutive, Vardy?

yeah, broke it in our title-winning season. Beat Van Nistelrooy's record. 

51 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

He does need to have a 30 league goal season to step up to the next level to be fair.

He has never played more than half a season yet often gets over 30 goal in all comps off about 40 games for the season B|

2011-12  played 48 scored 30

2013-14 played 34 scored 28

2014-15 played 42 scored 32

2015-16 played 44 scored 29

2016-17 played 45 scored 33

2017-18 played 11 scored 9

8 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

He has never played more than half a season yet often gets over 30 goal in all comps off about 40 games for the season B|

That's a lot of the problem though with him. Whether he would have the mental and physical stamana to keep it up a whole season we never know. His goals to game ratio is incredible but his injury problems stop him from being a top 5 world striker.

16 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

History doesn't bump people up on the basis of what they could have done if they weren't injured.

You need to have big league seasons to join the ultimate group, otherwise you're in the group just behind the top lot which includes the likes of Robbie Fowler and Les Ferdinand.

18 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

That's a lot of the problem though with him. Whether he would have the mental and physical stamana to keep it up a whole season we never know. His goals to game ratio is incredible but his injury problems stop him from being a top 5 world striker.

13 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

History doesn't bump people up on the basis of what they could have done if they weren't injured.

You need to have big league seasons to join the ultimate group, otherwise you're in the group just behind the top lot which includes the likes of Robbie Fowler and Les Ferdinand.

He already gets talked about by most good pundits as the greatest ever premier league striker with Henry so I guess it's just about opinions at the day!  ...for me, he's got a long way to go to reach Wanchope's level :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

He already gets talked about by most good pundits as the greatest ever premier league striker with Henry so I guess it's just about opinions at the day!  ...for me, he's got a long way to go to reach Wanchope's level :ph34r:

I'd put Henry, Shearer, berkamp, van nisteroy, and Cantana ahead of him. But still to be in the top ten is still a great achievement.

3 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Football pundits I meant, not horse racing tipsters :ph34r:

I think Owen had heavy critism right from the beginning when he started on bt sport. I remember when he was a pundit on England women. It was so bad he clearly didn't know who any of the players were.

Archived