talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Lord of the Rings - TV Series

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

At first I thought he would be one of the kings/lords that becomes the witch king, but I think this direction the writers are taking is creating a character completely anew that gains the trust and influence of those around him. (which I think is great writing and an acceptable change to Tolkien's works). 

Also, back in Neumenor when he and Galadriel were imprisoned. He said something along the lines. 

"The way to control people is to create something that they fear, and offering a solution to their fear." 

I read some theories about this, and it sort of makes sense. He's headed to Lindon now and that is going to allow him to see the machine being made there which will probably teach us a bit more about what his real intentions are. It's also weird AF how he shows up out of nowhere in the ocean and then the rest of the folks on the raft just conveniently die too. I don't know if that's a sign of his evil intent but it's a bit suspect. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Cicero said:

At first I thought he would be one of the kings/lords that becomes the witch king, but I think this direction the writers are taking is creating a character completely anew that gains the trust and influence of those around him. (which I think is great writing and an acceptable change to Tolkien's works). 

Also, back in Neumenor when he and Galadriel were imprisoned. He said something along the lines. 

"The way to control people is to create something that they fear, and offering a solution to their fear." 

Sauron has already existed no?

23 minutes ago, Danny said:

Sauron has already existed no?

Yes and in hiding. 

Since many fans know who Sauron is being disguised as based on the book (an elf named Annatar), my theory is the writers are creating a character completely anew (a man named Halbrand). 

The elves following Gandalf the wizard look to be a cult, and a red herring. 

• Subscriber

these last couple episodes have been bangers. So who do we think the tall wizard dude is thats been following with the hobbitfoots after crash landing? Seems alot like a Saruman to me but I dont know alot of the back stories or the creepy people looking for him. 

24 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

these last couple episodes have been bangers. So who do we think the tall wizard dude is thats been following with the hobbitfoots after crash landing? Seems alot like a Saruman to me but I dont know alot of the back stories or the creepy people looking for him. 

Has to be Gandalf and the start of his admiration of Hobbits. 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Has to be Gandalf and the start of his admiration of Hobbits. 

That does also make sense and that was my initial thought in the first couple episodes but it also seems like he has a dark side with the sapping of the fireflys and that, Saruman was initially one of the good guys before turning to Sauron. Do you know who the weirdos following him are?

18 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

That does also make sense and that was my initial thought in the first couple episodes but it also seems like he has a dark side with the sapping of the fireflys and that, Saruman was initially one of the good guys before turning to Sauron. Do you know who the weirdos following him are?

No idea but I believe they are a red herring for us to thinking one of them is Annatar. 

On 01/10/2022 at 19:10, Bluewolf said:

It is... Those are part of the 'Total War' range of games... fantastic games if you like big battles etc.. I own Rome, Rome 2, Medieval, Medieval 2 , Shogun 2, Attila, and Warhammer from that range.. Depending on the specs of your PC/Laptop and certain Mods you can use the battles are huge and exactly as you see them in that video... 

This one is a mod.. 

Big up Red Rome

The final episode was a bit of an anti-climax...read a review in Forbes and the geezer was losing his shit. I don't think it was that bad, but it was just a bit meh and predictable at times and unfortunately a predictable end to what started to become a fairly unpredictable programme given the circumstances of being set in a history that we've already seen

Archived