Peaky Blinders

football forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm on season 1, I don't understand how their caps stay blood free. But good series so far.

it's the Peaky fucking Blinders mate. They roll how they want to. 

So I've finally managed to finish it here in Oz and I thought this season was quality. Back to it's roots, none of that shit about Russian spies and the complete borefest that was season 3, they should just delete that season from the history books and make this season 3.

I hope they can take it to the US with the boxing and the new links with American gangsters, that could be fun. It's a shame Alfie died but also they done it very well, he was a well written character that shook things up.

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, Marc said:

Great series, one of the best i've ever seen. I've just watches seasons 1-3. Season 4 isn't on netflix and isn't on demand/I player any more. Anyone got any ideas of how I can watch it, for free.

Online stream, I'll send you the link I watched it on when I can get to me laptop

19 hours ago, Marc said:

Have you got the link please mate?

i didn’t think there was anything wrong with series 3!

Series 3 was just a borefest, got all fancy dan with the Russian stuff and should have stuck to gangs 

Finished season 3, thought it was better than season 1 to be honest... I didn't like Grace as a character so her role in the season got a major thumbs up from me. Tommy's character also showed a few more layers, as did Arthur's. Not better than season 2 but still very good imo.

• 1 month later...
On 20/04/2018 at 04:45, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm on season 3 right now and it's so hard to get through. Which is a shame because seasons 1 and 2 were very good.

Felt the same mate, once you get to 4 you'll forget 3 existed.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 09:48, Cannabis said:

Stick with it, Season 4 is the best without a doubt for me, real 11/10 stuff.

It took me over a fucking month to get through season 3 lol. It was total shite. Seriously, absolutely shite I can't understand how it happened. The story was fucking dogshit, a bunch of plot twists really poorly strung together as though it was a narrative.

But season 4 is fucking great so far. It's just astounding that a series with 3 great seasons could have something so fucking terrible passed off as one of the seasons. 

Just now, Cannabis said:

I'd give S3 a 7/10. Not shite but nothing that I'd happily sit down and watch again, I'm just glad that I got into Peaky Blinders late so that I only had a wait a month or two for S4 after watching 1, 2 and 3 in late 2017.

4 is the best though, Adrian Brody along with the usual Peaky Blinders is class in it, can't wait who they're going to sign up to be the villain in S5 & 6.

I love binge watching shows, but I just could not get through season 3 at all. As soon as it finished I managed to go through 4 episodes of season 4 though as though it was all just one episode. I'd give it maybe a 4-6/10 (I think it depends on the episodes); I just think the story is really poor in 3 - whereas in seasons 1 and 2 the show was pretty compelling to watch and very easy to binge watch and kill off all of my free time in a day and make me think "aw fuck... well, I guess I'll watch one more then." The strengths in season 3 come from the strength of the cast.

Also for me one strength was you told me to stick with it because season 4 is really good, so I knew I'd have to pay attention to season 3 because I like the show so I want to stick with the character development and all of that. And 4 is just fucking class so far and seasons 1 and 2 are very very good as well. So it's just strange to me how there's just this one season where I just think the general plotline is total poo, in comparison to the show as a whole.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Subscriber

Adrien Brody was brilliant in Series 4. What a series it was and what an ending. I wasn't expecting that at all. I thought about different scenario's in my head but that was not one of them, brilliant! 

Can't wait for Series 5. 

football forum
4 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Adrien Brody was brilliant in Series 4. What a series it was and what an ending. I wasn't expecting that at all. I thought about different scenario's in my head but that was not one of them, brilliant! 

Can't wait for Series 5. 

Polly was class in Series 4 I thought, came across as a right arse but it was all part of the greater plan. Didn't expect the ending myself either, never been hit as hard to a TV death as when Arthur was done in only for him to come back and shoot Brody! Amazing stuff, can't wait for S5 like you. It's filmed near to me so might see if I can spot any of it when they start rolling.

• Subscriber

How the bloody hell I have not seen this before, the wife was up late last night and I asked her what was she watching and she said Peaky Blinders and finished watching episode 4 of series 1 so I thought I would have a look and just saw all of the episodes of 1, have the tv set up now to start watching series 2 episode 1, it's bloody brilliant. 

It ended up (as those who have seen it will know) as Tommy's gang confronts Kimber's gang, Kimber shoots Tommy and kills Danny and then Tommy shoots Kimber dead, just getting ready to watch series 2 episode 1.

Archived